HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by patfly, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:04 AM
Lifelongflyer
United States, NM, Silver City
Joined May 2005
60 Posts
Discussion
There is no limit to my lack of understanding.

Just installed my new Spektrum DX8 and it"s receiver with telemetry. Wow am I confused.
Why are there there two voltages listed on the telemetry readout. The first I understand, it is the flight pack voltage and that matches my expectation. The second is RxV which is really low. What is that?
patfly is offline Find More Posts by patfly
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:07 AM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
RxV is "Receiver Voltage". This is only really needed if you use a separate battery for your receiver (or only have a receiver battery in the case of a fuel model)
ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:23 AM
Lifelongflyer
United States, NM, Silver City
Joined May 2005
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcnally View Post
RxV is "Receiver Voltage". This is only really needed if you use a separate battery for your receiver (or only have a receiver battery in the case of a fuel model)
That is what I figured, but I don't understand how it is such a low reading when the power is coming from my 11.1 v flight battery.
patfly is offline Find More Posts by patfly
Old Mar 23, 2012, 06:07 AM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
It's because the BEC that is built into your speed controller is regulating the power that feeds your RX. You'd fry your RX if you fed 11.1V straight to it.
ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount