SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by saltydog56, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 01:48 AM
William from Windham NH USA
United States, NH, Windham
Joined Apr 2005
160 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Wanted
Hobbyking Bixler EPO 1400mm

Greetings from Windham Nh

Anyone have a Hobbyking Bixler EPO 1400mm Kit with the motor instaled NIB they would be willing to part with.

Also willing to accept paypal.

Let me know.

Thanks William
saltydog56 is offline Find More Posts by saltydog56
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:27 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
Hard to come by for sure. A suggestion...go to Banana Hobby (yes, I know, that's a bad name around here sometimes) and you can get the Sky Surfer kit. It's about $65.00 shipped. I've had the sky hawk, easy star, bixler and the sky surfer....the surfer was the best. It handled much better on stock gear, I think it was the bigger ailerons. You can then outfit it with you're own gear which of course will be better than the stock stuff. You can even go to a 4 cell set up but why bother, the 3S is a blast.

I am not a builder in any way shape or form, but I had no problem throwing stuff together.

I also have a link to a guy who makes CNC machined motor mounts that will allow you to raise your motor so you can get a 6, 7, or I think even an 8 inch prop on.

Good luck!
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:16 PM
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Jun 2007
1,172 Posts
Trader Rating: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
Hard to come by for sure. A suggestion...go to Banana Hobby (yes, I know, that's a bad name around here sometimes) and you can get the Sky Surfer kit. It's about $65.00 shipped. I've had the sky hawk, easy star, bixler and the sky surfer....the surfer was the best. It handled much better on stock gear, I think it was the bigger ailerons. You can then outfit it with you're own gear which of course will be better than the stock stuff. You can even go to a 4 cell set up but why bother, the 3S is a blast.

I am not a builder in any way shape or form, but I had no problem throwing stuff together.

I also have a link to a guy who makes CNC machined motor mounts that will allow you to raise your motor so you can get a 6, 7, or I think even an 8 inch prop on.

Good luck!
thanks for the info man! i too was looking for a bixler type fpv plane but i didnt wanna pay 80-130$ for one as i the deal with hobbyking. picked up the sky surfer with the brushless upgrade for 60$ all got thier 90mm f-18 kit for 80$. i really bought the f-18 just to bring me over the 100$ limit for the free shipping. i'm not a fan of banana hobby but you really can go wrong with a plane in kit form. plus they stock cheap replacement parts for the sky surfer now. thanks again man
kremecheze is online now Find More Posts by kremecheze
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:25 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
Glad to help! I just got my shipping info from BH, it's on the way now!
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 07, 2012, 04:21 PM
United States, GA, Statesboro
Joined Nov 2011
116 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1666921
HEATEDHAT is offline Find More Posts by HEATEDHAT