HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by WAGliderGuy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:00 PM
Airliner Builder
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Feb 2010
1,986 Posts
Discussion
Winter Project - Success!

Still some buttoning up to do with the graphics, paint, wheels and cowl. I just finished applying the last coat on the cowl and I would have had the excellent graphics by Callie done if I hadn't dropped the whole white tail #/stripe on itself right after I pulled off the backing

The plane is a Pat Tritle Cessna 180 short kit done up in Jim Tweto's N91361 featured on Discover Channel's excellent Flying Wild Alaska TV series (I heard they are filming season 3!).

I have full build videos on my YouTube channel along with all the specs/electronics.

I still don't know while I added the Blue Heron clip in the beginning but they have killed a number of fish from our pond I wonder if anyone will get the Cliff Mass reference...

Tritle C180 Skywagon 'Tweto' Maiden Flight (3 min 40 sec)

patscustom-models.com
callie-graphics.com
HeadsUpRC.com

Now onto Pat's DC-6B for a spring build!

Ethan
WAGliderGuy is offline Find More Posts by WAGliderGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:17 PM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,521 Posts
Great flying with the wind gusts!

I was out at MARC the other day and experienced the same thing.
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:33 PM
Balsa&Tissue
United States, OR, Beaverton
Joined Jan 2011
2,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGliderGuy View Post
Still some buttoning up to do with the graphics, paint, wheels and cowl. I just finished applying the last coat on the cowl and I would have had the excellent graphics by Callie done if I hadn't dropped the whole white tail #/stripe on itself right after I pulled off the backing

The plane is a Pat Tritle Cessna 180 short kit done up in Jim Tweto's N91361 featured on Discover Channel's excellent Flying Wild Alaska TV series (I heard they are filming season 3!).

I have full build videos on my YouTube channel along with all the specs/electronics.

I still don't know while I added the Blue Heron clip in the beginning but they have killed a number of fish from our pond I wonder if anyone will get the Cliff Mass reference...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqn5R...1&feature=plcp

patscustom-models.com
callie-graphics.com
HeadsUpRC.com

Now onto Pat's DC-6B for a spring build!

Ethan
Ethan,

The weather is so bad in the Pacific NW in the Spring that this time of year is probably more of a building season than Winter is. I got a lot of flying in over the Winter but lately it has been 2 weeks with out a break in the weather!

Did you figure out you DC-6/DX6i programming issue? Are you doing a build thread for the DC-6?

Dave
payne9999 is offline Find More Posts by payne9999
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:53 PM
Airliner Builder
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Feb 2010
1,986 Posts
You got that right, the weather has been annoying. I haven't flown anything other then the quick Cessna 180 flights above since mid-December. I guess it's like this every spring here, strange mixes of rain, wet snow, wind, 35 degrees, more rain, 65 degrees, thunder etc. through April then May and June is either very cloudy or sunny. But like you said it's great season to build!

I have figured out the radio programming and I will start the build thread as soon as I finish the whole wing structure with the motors and retracts. I like starting build threads out strong so it gives people something to look at while I slowly continue

Ethan
WAGliderGuy is offline Find More Posts by WAGliderGuy