Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 19, 2012, 06:30 PM
Joined Feb 2012
10 Posts
Help!
Anyone else having problems?

My girlfriend purchased a GW9958 for me from xheli for my birthday. I was very excited to get it out and take it for a test flight because I have only owned the S107 and have flown a friends 4ch in the past.

The packaging was in perfect condition and so was the 9958. After charging the battery I got ready to adjust the trim when it started spinning wildly to the right and would fly off out of control, I quickly adjusted the trim and it began spinning wildly left. I could not find a center. Now I can't even get it to spin left, only to the right, it lifts off the ground and will hold somewhat straight with full throttle but flying directly up isn't why I fly.

I have tried e-mailing them, submitting a support ticket, calling them and my girlfriend has called them. No replies, no one answers the phone during business hours. I know it isn't an expensive helicopter to replace but I'm a college student and don't have much money. Does anyone have any idea how to get in contact with them or if they do this to people often?
hippiekid42 is offline Find More Posts by hippiekid42
Last edited by hippiekid42; Mar 19, 2012 at 07:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2012, 03:17 PM
Joined Jul 2011
140 Posts
Hello,

May I have your order number please?

Thank you,
Danny
NitroTechnician is offline Find More Posts by NitroTechnician
Old Mar 21, 2012, 09:33 PM
Joined Jan 2012
65 Posts
Check out their BBB rating, read up on the lawsuit they lost, then you'll have an idea about how this company really operates.
flyowa is offline Find More Posts by flyowa
Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:41 AM
Joined Feb 2012
10 Posts
As soon as I told "nitrotechnician" my order number and problem he was happy to help, until I told him I had no money to send the defective heli back. (Something that should either be paid for by the company or not happen at all due to QUALITY CONTROL)
Old Mar 26, 2012, 02:11 PM
Joined Jul 2011
140 Posts
Hello hippiekid42,

I just saw your messages. I have PM'd you regarding this.

Thank you,
Danny V
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:34 PM
Joined Jan 2012
65 Posts
Don't feel bad hippy, this company has a habit of doing that, and then they claim that no company pays for return shipping for defective products when in fact pretty much any legitimate company does. Just be thankful they don;t demand you pay a restocking fee for defective merchandise as they have many people.
flyowa is offline Find More Posts by flyowa
Old Apr 10, 2012, 05:19 PM
Joined Feb 2012
10 Posts
At this point it looks like we are going to dispute the charges on my girlfriends card. It has been over a week since I have heard anything.

This is pathetic customer service, I will never be back now. They had a chance of proving the "F" rating on the BBB wrong but it looks like they are earning every bit of it.

If anyone has a reputable website please pass it along, as the hobby shops in my area don't carry anything higher than toy grade 2ch heli's.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:28 AM
Joined Feb 2012
10 Posts
I have received a shipping label from them but they have been avoiding replying to what will happen when I ship it back. I'm almost scared to ship it back because I have a feeling that I wont see my heli ever again and we will not ever get our refund.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 01:52 PM
Joined Jul 2011
140 Posts
Hello hippiekid42,

Once we receive the helicopter, you will receive a refund as you requested.

Thank you,
Danny V
Old Apr 25, 2012, 05:14 PM
Joined Feb 2012
10 Posts
Just waiting on the girlfriend to print the shipping label. She contacted her parents for advice because she is convinced you will not give her money back since the heli is no longer in brand new condition due to the extremely long delay in support response.

I ended up purchasing myself a v911 on eBay so I could fly since I was sick of waiting on week long replies. It flew fine out of the box. Very minor adjustments were needed. This was completely unlike my 9958 from xHeli.