SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:15 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,526 Posts
Trader Rating: 33
Careful!
Third Party Contact & No Deal on First Contact!

Good day everyone!

I had a rather wired experienced today as I "had" a World Models P-40 Warhawk for sale within the FUEL AIRPLANE section

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1605194

and someone by the name of Bill contacted me asking for my number. Well, instead of Bill calling me, I get a "Brian" calling me saying that Bill was his father who gave him my number.

We talked for about 4 minutes and he told me some long story that he was in town for two days and that he could meet me at so and so place etc...etc...etc......then, I asked well, the ad says $165 are you okay with this? He then, began to tell me another long story that he needed to check with his wife and that his wife was already upset that the trip was costing a lot of money and that he needed to check with her. We ended the telephone conversation WITHOUT making a DEAL!

Someone else contacts me and offers me what I was asking and plus gave me additional monies to cover Gasoline to meet this person at a certain location locally in Central Florida with the model.

I was quick to say to send a TEXT message to the first person who I talked on the telephone that the Model WAS SOLD.

This seemed to upset the first person? He felt that there "is" some kind of professional Courtesy to allow the first person to be able to rekindle some sort of deal? WHAT, I SAID?

Never heard of this?

If you don't make a deal on the first telephone conversation, I say ALL BETS are OFF and with the understanding that the model can and will be SOLD at anytime.

What you all say?
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by PittSpecial; Mar 19, 2012 at 04:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:34 PM
USA, WV, Parkersburg
Joined Jun 2007
922 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
I agree, unless he asked for you to hold it till he got permission to spend money, but it doesn't sound like he asked that.
Money talks and bs walks. First to pay gets it.
Garrett
Garrett1234567 is offline Find More Posts by Garrett1234567
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:45 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett1234567 View Post
I agree, unless he asked for you to hold it till he got permission to spend money, but it doesn't sound like he asked that.
Money talks and bs walks. First to pay gets it.
Garrett
Garrett,

You are totally correct!

Brian did NOT offer me anything, in FACT he was wishy washy telling me this stuff about asking his "Wife" therefore, NO there was not deal of any kind except to say that he was going to call me later with his "Wife" results.

I just could not risk and losing a deal, especially what I was asking plus a generous Gasoline $$$ for delivery.

Carlos
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:52 PM
D W
I love you man.
United States, NY, Pelham
Joined Sep 2002
2,743 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
Sounds like you need to explain his behavior to his " wife". She'll straighten his behind out...
D W is offline Find More Posts by D W
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:58 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,639 Posts
Trader Rating: 150
Absurd.....

Let me translate into "man-glish" for you....

W-I-F-E = "NO!!!"

Like the others said above. My Daddy called it "CIF" (cash in fist!)
Dad_Roman is online now Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Mar 19, 2012, 05:11 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,526 Posts
Guys,

Thanks for your posts replies!

On to the next deal.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:01 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
Absurd.....

Let me translate into "man-glish" for you....

W-I-F-E = "NO!!!"

Like the others said above. My Daddy called it "CIF" (cash in fist!)

SO true. He needs to get a set and do what the rest of us do (hide the planes all over the place).
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:04 PM
USA, WV, Parkersburg
Joined Jun 2007
922 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
I tell mine I traded for it half the time there is so much in the hobby cave she never notices a new piece.
Garrett
Garrett1234567 is offline Find More Posts by Garrett1234567
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:15 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett1234567 View Post
I tell mine I traded for it half the time there is so much in the hobby cave she never notices a new piece.
Garrett
To funny...if my wife added up how many times I got a plane for a trade of electronics, she would think I was Apple or Sony.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:28 PM
Plane and Heli Abuser
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Aug 2010
426 Posts
Trader Rating: 122
I say "Money talks and BS walks.....SHOW ME THE MONEY
Pilot in MO is offline Find More Posts by Pilot in MO
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:38 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
35 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
lmfao

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
SO true. He needs to get a set and do what the rest of us do (hide the planes all over the place).
my wife thinks everything i buy is an amazing deal at 20 bucks lol my last purchase was a trex super combo 3gx witch was a steal at ? yup you guesed it 20 bucks lmao if she ever found out what i was paying for this there would def be hell to pay and i would def loose the man card lol
socalheliparts is offline Find More Posts by socalheliparts
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:41 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
35 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
wifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
Good day everyone!

I had a rather wired experienced today as I "had" a World Models P-40 Warhawk for sale within the FUEL AIRPLANE section

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1605194

and someone by the name of Bill contacted me asking for my number. Well, instead of Bill calling me, I get a "Brian" calling me saying that Bill was his father who gave him my number.

We talked for about 4 minutes and he told me some long story that he was in town for two days and that he could meet me at so and so place etc...etc...etc......then, I asked well, the ad says $165 are you okay with this? He then, began to tell me another long story that he needed to check with his wife and that his wife was already upset that the trip was costing a lot of money and that he needed to check with her. We ended the telephone conversation WITHOUT making a DEAL!

Someone else contacts me and offers me what I was asking and plus gave me additional monies to cover Gasoline to meet this person at a certain location locally in Central Florida with the model.

I was quick to say to send a TEXT message to the first person who I talked on the telephone that the Model WAS SOLD.

This seemed to upset the first person? He felt that there "is" some kind of professional Courtesy to allow the first person to be able to rekindle some sort of deal? WHAT, I SAID?

Never heard of this?

If you don't make a deal on the first telephone conversation, I say ALL BETS are OFF and with the understanding that the model can and will be SOLD at anytime.

What you all say?
maybe he should have had his wife call and make the deal
socalheliparts is offline Find More Posts by socalheliparts