HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:59 PM
A Snickering Hound
United States, SC, Myrtle Beach
Joined Jan 2012
210 Posts
Thank you everyone for the additional comments and insight. Admittedly, I misinterpreted jj's earlier post (was thinking transmitter as opposed to receiver) and for that I do apologize.

Being new to RC and purchasing my aircraft RTF has its pros and cons. Of course I was thrilled to be able to do basic flight right out of the box, however building from a kit or from scratch might have given me a better education on how all the individual components interact and depend on each other (okay, a bit off topic there).

Back to my original post, I wanted to ascertain if the posts and videos I've seen regarding crashes, fly always, etc. due to reported signal loss were something more prevalent in Spektrum radio systems (they seemed to bear a good portion of the blame with public opinion) or whether this behavior is inherent to some degree in 2.4 GHz communication in general. The responses I have received in answer to this question have given me the facts I need to move forward with a renewed confidence in my DX7 while understanding the need to better educate myself on the components I use and how to get the most out of them.

Thanks again to everyone for thier time and willingness to share thier experience!
Muddie is offline Find More Posts by Muddie
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts