HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:05 AM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Build Log
Pete 'N Poke Sport .40 (My first kit)

I've been logging the build of my first kit...It's a Pete 'N Poke Sport .40 from Great Planes. I was wondering if you all could let me know how it looks and if there is anything that looks wrong with what I've done so far. I'm nearly complete...Everything is done except for the final sanding and covering of the wing assembly. I also broke in the engine this weekend and posted a video of me running it toward the end of the break-in. This is my first 4-stroke model airplane engine, so I was wondering if anyone had any comments on the video. I made sure to get different angles and I also show the RPM and temp data in there as well. Here's the video, for those that don't feel like checking out the blog.
ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount
Last edited by ClosedAccount; Jun 13, 2014 at 09:47 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:58 AM
team sleprock
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
3,486 Posts
I checked out your blog and watched the vid! looks like a very clean build, very nice

looks like the begining of a sweet airplane!
whiskykid is offline Find More Posts by whiskykid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: great day!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 05:54 PM
United States, OR, Roseburg
Joined Jan 2012
101 Posts
looks nice. cant hear the engine over the other noise.
sweatybetty is offline Find More Posts by sweatybetty
Old Mar 19, 2012, 06:50 PM
I'm a pilot... 100 yrs to late
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,460 Posts
The rpms seem high at idle 2600? ... My test is will the plane not move at idle. . I have the magnum 52 older version.. not the blue head. It runs great but took me several tanks to where i could adjust the idel low enough for it to just tick over and then rev up without issues..
Thermalin is offline Find More Posts by Thermalin
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:32 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskykid View Post
I checked out your blog and watched the vid! looks like a very clean build, very nice

looks like the begining of a sweet airplane!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatybetty View Post
looks nice. cant hear the engine over the other noise.
My coworker said the same thing to me today! Unfortunately I deleted the original videos off my iPhone, so I'll have to take some more next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermalin View Post
The rpms seem high at idle 2600? ... My test is will the plane not move at idle. . I have the magnum 52 older version.. not the blue head. It runs great but took me several tanks to where i could adjust the idel low enough for it to just tick over and then rev up without issues..
I thought it seemed a little high too. Do you know what it should idle at? The manual just says "Practical RPM: 2,000-10,000" I was thinking about trying to get it to idle at about 2,200 RPM.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:35 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Ok, I got the idle down a bit more, but it seems this is about as low as I can go while keeping it running. No music on this video either...Just pure, unadulterated, engine purring and roaring
Last edited by ClosedAccount; Jun 13, 2014 at 09:31 AM.