HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 19, 2012, 06:52 AM
Australia, VIC, Warrnambool
Joined Feb 2012
165 Posts
Discussion
Eurgle 9x - First time setting up

Hey all,

just a quick question, mainly to save myself some time.

New to the rc world and am wiring up my bixler and checking radio controls before glueing it together.

I have an frsky telemetry module and receiver.

I assume this will either be a stupid question, or just purely my lack of knowledge on the subject, but i have the motor going fine, but i dont have the full range of motor control, as in, no motor power until the stick is past the middle. For normal servos that would obviously be correct, but that cant be right for the motor.

Is is a firmware setting, am i plugged into the wrong channel, controller in wrong mode.. any ideas?

Also with the channels on the rx, what sets what channel is what? the controller mode? and then plug the appropriate cable into that channel on the rx? I assume thats correct, just double checking.

Thanks heaps!
neo__04 is offline Find More Posts by neo__04
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:00 AM
Australia, VIC, Warrnambool
Joined Feb 2012
165 Posts
K, answered a few of my own questions.

Yep controller sets what channel is what, i knew this... doh
Had a quick play with the controller, it seems to be about 3/4 of the stick is usable throttle. That sound about right.

Is there any sort of calibration for how far the sticks move in relation to how far a servo moves?
neo__04 is offline Find More Posts by neo__04
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:45 AM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
729 Posts
To get full resolution on the throttle you need to calibrate the throttle range of Tx to the esc.

Standard procedure is ;

Unplug / turn off everything
Put your TX throttle to full power, turn on Tx
Turn on Rx power (or plug in battery)
Wait a few seconds, you should here a couple of beeps
Then put the throttle to zero (no power)
The esc should beep a few times then beep the number of cells
Then you should be good to go with full range of throttle.

In regards to servo throw, end points can be adjusted so that the servo throws further or less. Exponential can be used to adjust the sensitivity of the servos throw.

The Bixler is great plane once all the little quirks have been fixed up.

Good luck with your maiden.
nogas is offline Find More Posts by nogas