HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 18, 2012, 08:15 PM
Joined Mar 2012
10 Posts
Help!
what is the best online rc plane/heli store?

what is the best online rc plane/heli store? for customer service, selection, and price?
terrence.humbert is offline Find More Posts by terrence.humbert
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2012, 08:30 PM
Joined Feb 2012
72 Posts
horizon hobby has the best customer support I have ever seen. And when I say ever I mean for any company not just RC.
ofd23 is offline Find More Posts by ofd23
Old Mar 18, 2012, 08:58 PM
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Dec 2002
2,332 Posts
Hey now,
Horizon is prolly the best customer servicewose as far as full range companies go. But the downside for this guy is that they're rather a one trick pony.
They basicaly only sell their brand of stuff. Fine for them and safe for a person to buy from because they make/distribute fine stuff, but a bit limited as far as range goes. For full service at least Tower has more than just the Tower conglomerate stuff. They're prolly forth as far as service goes.

After Horizon I'd say Icare has great service if you're after high end euro motors and the best moldie sailplanes and electric racers and F5B stuff.
Aeromodel has really good service too but they're another euro moldie shop mostly.
Aero-Micro in SanJose CA. Has pretty good cutomer service online and mail order. I deal with them as one of my LHSs and really like Perry the owner.
I know the bottom of the list is Hobby King and I'm not sure about any body else. I'm fortunate to live in the San Fransisco bay area and I've got four very good hobby shops bearish to me and another six or so not so good ones. I don't shop long distance unlessi have too.
RobII
elfwreck is offline Find More Posts by elfwreck
Old Mar 18, 2012, 09:01 PM
Joined Jan 2012
44 Posts
I like Banana Hobby's planes, but if you buy from them, once you get your order, you are OWN YOUR OWN. Customer service is a near nothing!!! They won't answer the phone and rarely return e-mails....
jaybochopper164 is offline Find More Posts by jaybochopper164
Old Mar 18, 2012, 09:06 PM
Australia, WA, Kalgoorlie
Joined Apr 2011
1,402 Posts
I don't think there's a "best"- I suppose it depends on what you're looking for.

If you are in the USA: I've had good service from Tower Hobbies, Hobby Lobby, A Main, Esprit, ALL-E-RC. Also buy frequently from Aircraft-world in Japan, and of course support the local Australian businesses too.

Odd
wizard of odd is offline Find More Posts by wizard of odd
Old Mar 19, 2012, 01:18 AM
Sure it'll work
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,271 Posts
Best "best" is completely subjective. What's perfect for one, may be of little or no use to someone else.

The field could be greatly reduced if you were to....say....know what type of plane/flying you want...the quality you want to pay for...sport...competion....high performance....park flyers....gliders....edf....micro....indoor....3D. ...foam....composites....does costomer service matter?....and so on.....you get the idea. No "one" stop is "best" for all types of flying/flyers.

I simply find out who has what I want, then research them. There are a handfull of reputable dealers with enough selection to keep most sport flyers happy for many years.

Bill
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Old Mar 19, 2012, 01:34 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
8,321 Posts
You really need also to field the question with location .... where I live - there's no use contacting 99.9% of USA based dealers as they don't ship out to Latvia ... in fact most don't even accept any international biz.

For me it has to be either Robotbirds or Giantcod in UK - they ship all over the world and are "real people" to deal with.

My major purchases have to be Hobby King as prices often cannot be beaten, I accept reduced service against purchase price. Next is eBay as I can get orders as with HK into Latvia. Last and really is a shame, as the guys who work in the shop are RC'rs and know their stuff is the only local retail shop in Latvia - Pilotage ... they just cannot compete on pricing.

So as you see .......... location has a serious effect on the answer.
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:04 AM
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Jun 2002
2,969 Posts
(painful to say it)
tower

the reason is increasingly over the years horizon sells cheap chinese crap that fails left & right next to the few good products they sell. their customer support is becoming iffy in my book
Toysrme is offline Find More Posts by Toysrme
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:17 AM
team sleprock
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
3,249 Posts
ta miss quote Burt Rynolds!

"it depends on where a man stands as ta how stupid he sounds!"

the trick would be ta atleast have a location under your name"unlees your in hidding", or atleast in the question!

I like most peeps here, havn't found the perfict store for one-stop shopping! for heli's and edf's I go ta nitroplanes and XHELI!

for most other stuff I go ta my local hobbyshop! as I can get stuff from both greatplanes and horizen at a discount! with free shipping usualy
whiskykid is online now Find More Posts by whiskykid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: heli's
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:31 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,372 Posts
Irony... It's killing me.
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:17 PM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Feb 2012
44 Posts
i hear of a new place opening in my town

www.hobbybrothersrc.com

apparently its still a work in progree
Rdizz81 is offline Find More Posts by Rdizz81
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:28 PM
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Jun 2002
2,969 Posts
no, any website with an intro is an annoying mega fail.

and they sell horizon equipment. that means they're not only just as locked on bottom end price as everyone else is, but the one plane they list is $20-30 bucks too expensive to boot. so they do nothing for me.
Toysrme is offline Find More Posts by Toysrme
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:48 PM
fmw
Joined Jul 2009
1,955 Posts
My favorite is advantagehobby.com. They sell everything Tower and Horizon sell and sell it for less and they ship next day religiously. My second favorite is RC Dude.com. He doesn't sell Tower and Horizon products but he sells good stuff and ships next day religiously.
fmw is offline Find More Posts by fmw
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:53 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
8,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toysrme View Post
no, any website with an intro is an annoying mega fail...........................
same for me ... when I visit a web-site I don't mind a menu page first - but some of those fancy movie style intros just make me click back page to previous website ... and give up on them.
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Mar 19, 2012, 01:49 PM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Feb 2012
44 Posts
i know the guy personally he is just playing with the website ATM

those are just fillers DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM IT lol

as there is really nothing to buy yet.

im sure when he is ready it will be better
Rdizz81 is offline Find More Posts by Rdizz81