HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:39 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
Anyone know where I can find the 2mm metal ball links in this pic?

I have some HK 282A servos on the way and need to find a way to connect the links. I know the genius and min links are different but do they just use a bigger ball on the servo arm and the swash is the same?
Hmmm....well that looks like a genius with xtreme swash, I bet those metal servo arms are also from xtreme. Youre looking for the ball that screws into the servo arm? I wonder if this is a xtreme part, check their parts list for genius servo arms maybe?
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:41 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
http://www.clubheli.com/Xtreme-Metal...-4_p_3751.html

Found this link to xtreme Metal servo horns, I bet they come with the metal balls, but youll have to buy the whole kit. Email Rick @ clubheli and ask him if those balls come with the arms.
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:24 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
971 Posts
still messing with walkera servos i see... shame shame
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Old Apr 12, 2012, 01:11 AM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
866 Posts
Quite the opposite. I'm not going to buy $15 servos hence the 282a's.
itsmillertime is online now Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Apr 12, 2012, 03:42 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
Quite the opposite. I'm not going to buy $15 servos hence the 282a's.
the 282a's are listed wrong at hobbyking you will be getting the orange servos if thats what you ordered and the frequency will confuse the walkera flybarless system.. hk marked those as 282a's but they are not the servos you will be getting..

best of luck

farmer
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:55 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
My servos always jump and then center themselves when i plug the battery into the heli. I know that when they jump its time to fly. Thats just my cue. I thought you had said the servos wouldnt stop jumping around.
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:29 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
With the replies on this site and on Helfreak I now know that some people are having the servo jump also.
The question is why do some jump and others don't?
My friend has 3 Genius CP's and 4 Mini CP's and none of his servos jump.
My Genius CP servos didn't jump either and neither did my Mini CP until I put in two new servos.

The main concern I have is a servo getting damaged from the extreme jumping they do. The jump so hard that they buzz.
I have not seen one reply with anyone having damage to their servo so I will no longer be concerned about this.

mescalinedream, Re: thought you had said the servos wouldn’t stop jumping around.
I must have said they won't stop this jumping problem but my two servos level out and worked correctly once the heli binds.

For the people just seeing this post, here is the post about this issue:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=105

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:02 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
My servos always jump and then center themselves when i plug the battery into the heli. I know that when they jump its time to fly. Thats just my cue. I thought you had said the servos wouldnt stop jumping around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by afloyd82 View Post
Tom,

I have the original servos that came with my MiniCP and I would say 25% of the time when I bind it the servos go whack like yours and jump to their fullest travel. It will remain like this until the binding procedure is done and then the swash levels and its all good. Does yours not return to center after the bind is complete?

Can you guys tell me which of your servos jump, is it only the back two, just one, or all of them?
And do you have the black stripe marks on the servo plugs?

Tom
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:22 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
I just turned on my radio(devo 7) and plugged in a fresh battery and watched the mini. All three servos went down 3mm and popped back up 3mm real quick like. And then they stay still. I alwaays watch for the jump. Like I said before, it tells me when the heli binds and that its ready to fly.

I forgot to add that I do not have the black stripe on my servos, just clean white.

I would like to add that I get 4min flight with 100% throttle on normal with the c05 with a 9t pinion and a genius main gear. I used a zippy 350mah 20c battery. I used the 39% throttle for inside the house and got 6 1/2 minutes. I need to figure out the best headspeed for outdoors with a 9t pinion until i get my 8t from homefly. I lost my 7t today doing flips and inverted for the very first time!!!!
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Last edited by mescalinedream; Apr 12, 2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:10 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Thanks for the information!
I am collecting data on this from here and Helifreak to try to see why some
servos jump and others don't.

4min flight time 100% throttle is good, and 6 1/2 minutes 39% (85% actual motor speed) is fantastic!!! I will have to try this out.

I read your post where you said 90% throttle was good indoors but still a bit too much so I figured out 85% throttle for you and posted it here.

Congratulations on flipping and inverting. It is really fun to do!

Tom
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:10 PM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
The full cyclic pop at bind is not servo jumping, every heli I have does that at bind. I dont think thats what they are talking about.
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:17 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
I am calling this servo jumping which may not be the correct term but don't know what else to call it.
What is a full cyclic pop?

Tom

Walkera Mini CP - See description below (0 min 10 sec)
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:50 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,114 Posts
I don't think ANY of mine do that when I first plug a LiPo. If any of them did, I would probably immediately notice it, start worrying about over stressing some electrical part, and maybe letting the "smoke" out. That video makes me tense very time I press the play button.

Tom, do you have any T/A's above 100%. Maybe just for educational purposes, use RESET to clear an unused MODEL from the TX's memory, and see how it behaves from that 100% clean "reboot" setting?

Otherwise, maybe it's just simply "happy" to see you, and gets really excited every time you plug in the LiPo?

Quotes:

Is that a gun in your pocket,
or are you just happy to see me?
- Mae West

Is that a LiPo in your pocket?
Oh, I'm so happy to see you!
-mini Tom
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Oct 25, 2012 at 02:41 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:45 AM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Z View Post
I am calling this servo jumping which may not be the correct term but don't know what else to call it.
What is a full cyclic pop?

Tom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNTGuCanlM4
Meant in reply Mescaline, sounded like he thought when all cyclic servos jump slightly at bind that was the issue people were having, I may have misunderstood.
The issue you posted a video of is definitely not what im talking about lol.
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:04 AM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
I don't think ANY of mine do that when I first plug a LiPo. If any of them did, I would probably immediately notice it, start worrying about over stressing some electrical part, and maybe letting the "smoke" out. That video makes me tense very time I press the play button.

Tom, do you have any T/A's above 100%. Maybe just for educational purposes, use RESET to clear an unused MODEL from the TX's memory, and see how it behaves from that 100% clean "reboot" setting?

Otherwise, maybe it's just simply "happy" to see you, and gets really excited every time you plug in the LiPo?

Quotes:

Is that a gun in your pocket,
or are you just happy to see me?
- May West

Is that a LiPo in your pocket?
Oh, I'm so happy to see you!
-mini Tom

I do have T/A's above 100% and same with D/R.
I reset the model and this time no T/A's or D/R above 100%. The servos still jump.
Good idea to try this though.

Tom
Last edited by Tom Z; Apr 28, 2012 at 10:32 AM.