Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:45 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,961 Posts
Just out of curiosity, maybe see what happens if you reverse the polarity of channels associated with the black marked Servos?

A while back, a few people (the first time was bytemuncher posting a "Chinglish" email he received from Walkera, and I posted a guess on what the email said in "English", also I think later there was/is a well written pdf file with photos - in this thread?) have posted what was going to be different about the new Factory Servos. Something like: make the wire(s) longer so it is easier to connect to the RX, and add Silicone RTV to (a?) bare solder joint(s)? Maybe when they re-worked the Servo, they "butchered" it? Maybe got the wires swapped, pinched, ... etc. ... whatever humans can possibly do when they are half asleep?

Maybe Black Mark signifies Rework has been performed and is ready for Test?

It would be almost funny if Black Mark signified Failed Electrical Test!

And maybe Green Mark signifies Passed Test?

All 3 of my good Servos have a FQC Green Label. Do your two Black Marked Servos have the FQC Green Label?

Good thing you're one of the few that got a Warranty Card.

I hope you've been keeping up with all the scheduled maintenance, paying a Factory Authorized Service person to do all the repairs, and have all the proper signatures and dates recorded in the Warranty Card!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Z View Post
Looks like they strictly follow there warranty!
See picture.

Tom
i812 is online now Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Apr 11, 2012 at 01:56 PM. Reason: add warranty info
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2012, 04:09 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
Just out of curiosity, maybe see what happens if you reverse the polarity of channels associated with the black marked Servos?

I can try that and see what happens.

A while back, a few people (the first time was bytemuncher posting a "Chinglish" email he received from Walkera, and I posted a guess on what the email said in "English", also I think later there was/is a well written pdf file with photos - in this thread?) have posted what was going to be different about the new Factory Servos. Something like: make the wire(s) longer so it is easier to connect to the RX, and add Silicone RTV to (a?) bare solder joint(s)? Maybe when they re-worked the Servo, they "butchered" it? Maybe got the wires swapped, pinched, ... etc. ... whatever humans can possibly do when they are half asleep?

I saw that document and posted it here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=85

I am also thinking when they re-worked the servo, they made it worse or at least some of them.

Maybe Black Mark signifies Rework has been performed and is ready for Test?

It would be almost funny if Black Mark signified Failed Electrical Test!

And maybe Green Mark signifies Passed Test?

And now they have Blue Mark servos and Red Mark servos for the Genius CP.

All 3 of my good Servos have a FQC Green Label. Do your two Black Marked Servos have the FQC Green Label?

They both have the FQC Green Labels.

Good thing you're one of the few that got a Warranty Card.

Hellraser is going to start demanding royalties for me using his picture
that I doctored up and posted all over the world!

I hope you've been keeping up with all the scheduled maintenance, paying a Factory Authorized Service person to do all the repairs, and have all the proper signatures and dates recorded in the Warranty Card!

Yep! I am sure they will replace my servos at no charge for me.

Tom

-
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Last edited by Tom Z; Jul 10, 2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 04:21 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Open one up and see if the wires are backward, compare to an opened good one. I could fix the wires if they are backward.
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Apr 11, 2012, 04:28 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Good idea, I will do that.
Also when I get my servos with the blue sharpie mark on the servo plugs
which are on the way I am going to take apart one and see if I can notice a difference
between it and the servos with the black sharpie mark on the servo plugs.

Tom
Old Apr 11, 2012, 04:36 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,961 Posts
Quote:
... Hellraser is going to start demanding royalties for me using his picture
that I doctored up and posted all over the world!
-
I honestly received a Walkera Warranty Card with one of my helis. I forgot which one, but it might have been one I purchased from ChineseJade.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:01 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Where do you keep getting all of the multicolored or multisharpi servos from? And how do you know they are different colored?
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:23 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
I get them from wowhobbies. I have been in contact with them trying
to see if the servos with the black sharpie mark on the servo plugs have problems or not.
They got in a new shipment of servos with the blue sharpie mark on the servo plugs so I got some.
The ones they bench tested do not have the servo jumping problem.

Also I have Genius CP servos from when I had my Genius CP.

Tom
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:27 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
I honestly received a Walkera Warranty Card with one of my helis. I forgot which one, but it might have been one I purchased from ChineseJade.
How about scanning it, posting it here, and we will all fill one out
and send it in. I would like to see the look on their face when they get thousands
of warranty cards coming in from the USA!

Tom
Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:56 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,961 Posts
I received my parts order today, and can confirm I also have a spare Servo with a Black Mark on its connector.

The Connector Harness doesn't look any longer. I suppose I need to test it soon.
Last edited by i812; Apr 11, 2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:23 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
I have a problem with the new version servos with the black sharpie marked servos.
Does anyone else have this problem? If not, I must have got two bad servos or there
was a bad batch of them.

Full screen the video so you can see it close up.
Note: This also happens when the heli is level. I tilled it to shot the video for the best angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNTGuCanlM4

Problem: Servos jumping upward to there fullest travel when the heli battery is plugged in.
These are the new version servos with the black sharpie marks on the servo plugs.
The front servo is the older version servo and it is working fine, it does not jump like the new version servos do.

This happens when I plug in the heli and then turn on the TX and bind. It also happens after I bind and unplug the battery then plug it back in.
If I replace the two new version servos with the older version servos I have then they work fine, no jumping. All 3 servos operate as they should.

Tom
Tom,

I have the original servos that came with my MiniCP and I would say 25% of the time when I bind it the servos go whack like yours and jump to their fullest travel. It will remain like this until the binding procedure is done and then the swash levels and its all good. Does yours not return to center after the bind is complete?
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:48 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
That is interesting. So it is not just the new black sharpie marked servos doing the jumping.
My servos do return to center after the bind is complete and work fine after that.
When I first built my Mini CP for a pile of parts bags I used my old Genius CP servos on it
and I didn't get any servo jumping. I then replaced the back two servos with the new version servos and got the jumping.

Thanks for letting me know your servos jump to sometimes. Mine don't jump all the time either but often they do.

Tom
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
That is interesting. So it is not just the new black sharpie marked servos doing the jumping.
My servos do return to center after the bind is complete and work fine after that.
When I first built my Mini CP for a pile of parts bags I used my old Genius CP servos on it
and I didn't get any servo jumping. I then replaced the back two servos with the new version servos and got the jumping.

Thanks for letting me know your servos jump to sometimes. Mine don't jump all the time either but often they do.

Tom

Yea I would say most of the time my servos make no noise and just bind with no movement, but every now and again it will do what yours does....and I just thought it was a quirk of the little heli. I would just ravage those servos until they can no longer work. Mine have yet to strip and Ive been crashing on them since the MiniCP was released. I have a pre-production Mini too, with the extra tooth on the motor pinion.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:56 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
I received my parts order today, and can confirm I also have a spare Servo with a Black Mark on its connector.

The Connector Harness doesn't look any longer. I suppose I need to test it soon.

Thanks for the update. Maybe we can compare notes. I will be taking apart
the black and blue sharpie marked servos.

afloyd82 is having the servo jumping sometimes with the old version servos.

So why do some servos jump and others don't? This would be good if we
can find found this out.

Tom
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:26 PM
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the update. Maybe we can compare notes. I will be taking apart
the black and blue sharpie marked servos.

afloyd82 is having the servo jumping sometimes with the old version servos.

So why do some servos jump and others don't? This would be good if we
can find found this out.

Tom
It would be nice to know, because there is no rhyme or reason for it when it does happen. But it seems once bind is complete all is well. Maybe its something in the RX thats doing this? We should start a poll. lol
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:32 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
Anyone know where I can find the 2mm metal ball links in this pic?

I have some HK 282A servos on the way and need to find a way to connect the links. I know the genius and min links are different but do they just use a bigger ball on the servo arm and the swash is the same?
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime