SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 31, 2012, 08:45 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
Tom Z you might want to add this http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1624581 to your review. To those who dont want to clink on that link, its about WOW's silicone fix for the coil. IT doesnt hold. I just fixed Benboys coil on hiw RX with WOWhobbies silicone. His crash tore the top of the coil off with the wire leaving just the bottom ceramic. I highly recommend clicking on the link to see the pics and info.
OK I will add it to the review now. I see the coil popping off in a crash is a problem.
Bad place to have put the coil. Putting it on the back of the board would
have been much better.

I left you a response on your post over on Helifreak. I'm CX2Pilot over there.

i812, I am also adding you post information to the review.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=10

Thanks guys.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2012, 07:06 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Tom can you give any information on that new c05 you have a pic of below your hawk pics? Does the new c05 weigh more? more power? rpms the same?

Also people need to see this
new motors at http://mattbockman.com/?p=163 are 13,500 rpm and .25g heavier due to thicker winds! also they are black with a 1.5mm shaft. Someone said they are a whole lot more powerful then the c05. He plans on getting more soon! Hopefully we will have a new option other then the hp05. He says they will be cheap too like 19.99!

Also I found this, its for a mcpx but they are similar. Anyone know of the thrust that is had from the hp05 motor?
with walkera inrunner,esc thrust=135g /all weight up=56g/
with c05m outrunner,xp7, thrust=108g/awu=47g
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Last edited by mescalinedream; Apr 01, 2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old Apr 01, 2012, 10:25 AM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
That is an old picture. New C05 motor means two different motor mounting
holes. The inner mounting holes work on the mCPX, Genius CP, Mini CP,
etc. The outer holes require you to enlarge the frame motor mount holes.
The older C05 motors only had the outer motor mounting holes (and 4 of them) as far as I know.

The specs are:

Weight: 4.6G
KV: 11,500 KV This can vary from motor to motor as each one is wound by hand.
Motor shaft size is 1mm. HobbyKing sells them with 1.5mm shafts.

Thanks for letting us know about the new 13,500 rpm motor. It sounds great!
I would like to get one to test out.

Tom
Old Apr 01, 2012, 06:07 PM
Michigan
Joined Jul 2009
34 Posts
Quote:
I want more battery life. I cant do 3d yet. The only reason why i switched to the c05 is cause my genius motor died. I loved that little motor.
I'm getting 7 minutes with 7t/61t with the 350mah 25c bats from hobbywing. with a bent motor shaft! though it runs fine. I couldn't get that with my genius motor and gear like you could though.
muttonboy is offline Find More Posts by muttonboy
Old Apr 02, 2012, 10:12 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
I am getting exactly 7 min with 350mah 20c from hobbyking zippy brand. That is doing circles in the living room back and forward. I am using tomz devo 7 settings(50%throttle) though. I was using mannys settings with the genius motor. This was the first use of one of those batteries. I put the cables on yesterday and charged them and just flew it. This using the c05 7tooth with genius main gear. I loved that genius motor for length of flight and power. I like my c05 too though. I do notice consistent pitch pumps are better with c05. Like up,down up,down over and over. The genius motor I dont think could hold up to that.

I wish I would have tried the consistent pitch pumps before it died. The genius motor gets real hot though, and I would always wait 5 minutes between batteries with it. I like that the c05 stays barely warm throughout the whole flight. I did have to change the timer on my dev07 from 7 to 4.15min while sport flying. I need to check again since I changed some settings around. its been cold in Michigan so I havent had the chance to fly outside.
I cannot wait for this c05 a member is sending me for a rewind. I hope that motor can put out a lot more power and efficiency over stock.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 10:50 AM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
You guys getting 7 minutes flight time is fantastic! I will have to get a 7T for my C05 and the 350mah 20c battery.

I would like to add a note to mescalinedream post for the 50% throttle
as just reading that value sounds too low to use.

To get 90% throttle on the C05 motor measured with two of my tachs I had to set the throttle to 50%.
Setting the throttle to 90% will not get you 90% actual motor speed but 50% does. I have found the same thing on my Genius CP BL.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=25

Tom
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:29 AM
Joined Jan 2012
84 Posts
Tom, does that mean set the highest point of the throttle curve to 50% ?
andrewho83 is offline Find More Posts by andrewho83
Old Apr 02, 2012, 01:40 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
That is correct.

Also the C05 KV varies from one motor to the other as each one is hand wound so you may need more or less than 50%.

Tom
Last edited by Tom Z; Apr 02, 2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 05:26 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Well I took the same zippy 350mah 20c outside after charging it for the second time in its life. I got exactly 5:48 with it. I got almost 7 min in the house. It was gusty outside, the wind pulled the heli up 4 to five feet sometimes. This was flying some fast forward and slower circles. Nothing extreme. All in normal throttle with mid stick at 50% full stick 100. Although I dont think it ever seen full while i was flying.
Old Apr 06, 2012, 05:38 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Brushless Converter/ESC for the Genius CP/Mini CP

I will be testing and reviewing the following brushless items for the Genius CP/Mini CP.

1. Brushless Converter. This will be added to my Oversky standard speed XP-7A ESC.

2. Genius CP brushless converter/ESC. This has the new high speed XP-7A ESC
which has a 15% increase in speed over the original XP-7A.
Designed specifically for the Walkera Genius CP. Easily convert your Genius CP to brushless with no soldering.
Completely plug and play - just need a motor! Works great with HP05S or C05M motors.

I will have pictures and information on both of these including head speed, thrust, flight times, and how to wire the converter to the XP-7A.
Will see how the Converter/XP-7A compares to the WK-WST-10A-LT (ESC/Converter).

Tom
Old Apr 07, 2012, 06:41 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
hey Tom, put this in your article. Its settings for the mini's RX Ail/Ele gyro screw. I found them on a chinese website.

****************To use these settings you either have to**********************************
point the flat spot of the rx screw opposite of the following o'clock positions or
use a marker and make a dot on the rx screw opposite of the flat spot, then use the following o'clock positions
************************************************** *******************************************8
<1> about 1 to 2 o'clock direction = slippery feel, but also quite stable. (For the master the rippling soared machine mode)
<2> about 3 to 4 o'clock = flybar feel more hammer-like feel, close to the G-CP feel than its more stable and not easy to drift machine. (For advanced novice & veteran mode)
<3> about 5 to 6 o'clock = with a hammer-like feel, flying fairway and novice learning to practice flying OK, very stable. (Suitable for novice-level learning to fly mode)
<4> about 7 to 8 o'clock = ibid those who feel, super-stable flight is only suitable for flying fairway, but the wind to spin shaking paddle. (Only suitable for indoor flying the fairway mode)
<5> about 9 to 10 o'clock = also regarded as on the handle, but heavy hammer feeling more intense other Ibid. (Only suitable for indoor flying the fairway mode)
<6> the remaining 11 to the 12 o'clock direction ibid.

i just tried flying it at the 6 oclock (the flat part of the screw pointing to the 6/7 oclock) and its crazy with mannys settings. My stock mini was 12 oclock , the flat part was. The 3 oclock was slow as the 1/2 was too. i am liking mine at the 10/11 The 9 is intense too.
Last edited by mescalinedream; Apr 11, 2012 at 07:13 AM.
Old Apr 09, 2012, 08:20 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
mescalinedream,

I figured out some more throttle settings for the Mini CP BL.

To get 85% throttle on the C05 motor measured with my tach I had to set the throttle to 39%.
Setting the throttle to 85% will not get you 85% actual motor speed but 39% does.

To get 90% throttle on the C05 motor measured with my tach I had to set the throttle to 50%.
Setting the throttle to 90% will not get you 90% actual motor speed but 50% does.

To get 95% throttle on the C05 motor measured with my tach I had to set the throttle to 75%.
Setting the throttle to 95% will not get you 95% actual motor speed but 75% does.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=25

Tom
Old Apr 09, 2012, 08:24 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
hey Tom, put this in your article. Its settings for the mini's RX Ail/Ele gyro screw.

The following is the younger brother a little parties finishing touch for your reference and choice!
<1> about 1 to 2 o'clock direction = slippery feel, but also quite stable. (For the master the rippling soared machine mode)
<2> about 3 to 4 o'clock = flybar feel more hammer-like feel, close to the G-CP feel than its more stable and not easy to drift machine. (For advanced novice & veteran mode)
<3> about 5 to 6 o'clock = with a hammer-like feel, flying fairway and novice learning to practice flying OK, very stable. (Suitable for novice-level learning to fly mode)
<4> about 7 to 8 o'clock = ibid those who feel, super-stable flight is only suitable for flying fairway, but the wind to spin shaking paddle. (Only suitable for indoor flying the fairway mode)
<5> about 9 to 10 o'clock = also regarded as on the handle, but heavy hammer feeling more intense other Ibid. (Only suitable for indoor flying the fairway mode)
<6> the remaining 11 to the 12 o'clock direction ibid.

i just tried flying it at the 6 oclock (the flat part of the screw) and its crazy with mannys settings. My stock mini was 12 oclock , the flat part was. The 3 oclock was slow as the 1/2 was too. i am liking mine at the 10/11 The 9 is intense too.

I put a link to your post.

Thanks.

Tom
Old Apr 10, 2012, 05:27 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
New servo version

Just found out Walkera has yet another version of the Mini CP servo.
This version has a blue sharpie mark on the servo plugs.
I will post a picture when I get mine this weekend.
The prior servo version has a black sharpie mark on the servo plugs which I posted before.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=85

Tom
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:11 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
I have a problem with the new version servos with the black sharpie marked servos.
Does anyone else have this problem? If not, I must have got two bad servos or there
was a bad batch of them.

Full screen the video so you can see it close up.
Note: This also happens when the heli is level. I tilled it to shot the video for the best angle.

Walkera Mini CP - See description below (0 min 10 sec)

Problem: Servos jumping upward to there fullest travel when the heli battery is plugged in.
These are the new version servos with the black sharpie marks on the servo plugs.
The front servo is the older version servo and it is working fine, it does not jump like the new version servos do.

This happens when I plug in the heli and then turn on the TX and bind. It also happens after I bind and unplug the battery then plug it back in.
If I replace the two new version servos with the older version servos I have then they work fine, no jumping. All 3 servos operate as they should.

Tom