HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:37 AM
Joined Jun 2008
472 Posts
Well I was supposed to bridge that lvc resistor , but its sooo damn small all I managed to do when i put the soldering iron on it was to remove it from the pcb ! Bah ! It wasn't worth flying for 90 secs of battery life, so i wasn't too bothered if it was fried. Too my surprise it works still, and I'm getting 3.30 out of my batteries (nanotech 300mA) with an old old hp05 from my 4#3b days and a 7 mm tail motor.

I still much prefer my v120 but at least i can get a little enjoyment out of this heli now! I don't know how anyone can recommend the mini, you have to do sooo many mods to get the power and flight times decent...

Scrub that! Just went outside for a test fly, 2 batteries 1.30 each! I guess my style of flying canes these batteries . The tail doesnt hold after 1.30 goodness knows what's going on! Might try and bridge that gap left on the pcb. The battery that i got 3.30 mins i put back 260ma but after 1.30 i'm only putting back 100ma !
fishfiend is online now Find More Posts by fishfiend
Last edited by fishfiend; Feb 02, 2013 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Arggh !
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:22 AM
Joined Jan 2012
27 Posts
Does anyone knows the correct size of the screwdriver necessary for change the servo ?
cadrobbi is offline Find More Posts by cadrobbi
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:17 PM
cellulose laminate reinforced
Joined Mar 2011
55 Posts
philips #000
DoctorSpin is offline Find More Posts by DoctorSpin
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:18 AM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2009
449 Posts
Anyone tried firmware V1.3?

The title says it all. Thanks.
3Dmuse is offline Find More Posts by 3Dmuse
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:03 AM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2013
170 Posts
Genius CP Hi Vis blades

Does anyone know where I can get Hi Vis blades for the Genius CP. I have seen these blades for the Blade MCPX but not sure they would work on the Genius CP. If the MCPX blades would work I would definitely pick some up.
Kevin_JaxFl is offline Find More Posts by Kevin_JaxFl
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:28 AM
...if you take the time
Israel, Tel Aviv
Joined Jul 2012
212 Posts
I've opened the elevator servo, and two teeth are broken on the second gear. I've rotated the gear and it seems to work. Time for the servo saver mod...
PurpleShark is online now Find More Posts by PurpleShark
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:45 AM
Joined Jan 2013
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_JaxFl View Post
Does anyone know where I can get Hi Vis blades for the Genius CP. I have seen these blades for the Blade MCPX but not sure they would work on the Genius CP. If the MCPX blades would work I would definitely pick some up.
I answered my own question. Here is a quote from the President of KBDD..

" I know from pilots that the MCPX main blades work very well on the Walkera Genius. Our Pilotís also will fit but I havenít heard from pilots flying them on a Genius. The pilotís Choice are much lighter and quicker than our other main blades. I actually do not know how or if they would work on the other helis mentioned.
My understanding is from Nick Maxwell is the Axe CP works very well with our Pilotís Choice. Nick stated they improved performance of that heli by 20%. I am sure that heli is very similar to the Walkera CP."

So if anyone else was wondering if the Hi Vis KBDD blades work on the Walkera Genius, here's your answer. If they fit the Genius, most likely they should work on the Mini and Super as well..

Keep em flying...
Kevin
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:29 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,879 Posts
Im using these on my brushless mini cp.
Slightly heavier and way stiffer then the stock blades. Making it more stable and at the same time it responds faster. Also seem to have more lift.
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:18 PM
Joined Jan 2013
170 Posts
I took my maiden flight with my first cp. It was a lot quicker than I expected it to be for sure. Was a little windy as well. I did manage some hover time, then some drift and crash with my over correction. It almost seems like the servos were slow to respond to input, then suddenly move.

My sim cable should be in tomorrow so I can start practicing there and spare the paint on the blades. I am definitely addicted to this sport. Cant wait til I can fly these things without allot of thought, when it comes to just flying that is. I know that the 3D requires more concentration. Like anything else practice makes perfect.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:06 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,071 Posts
Quote:
I took my maiden flight with my first cp. It was a lot quicker than I expected it to be for sure. Was a little windy as well. I did manage some hover time, then some drift and crash with my over correction. It almost seems like the servos were slow to respond to input, then suddenly move.

My sim cable should be in tomorrow so I can start practicing there and spare the paint on the blades. I am definitely addicted to this sport. Cant wait til I can fly these things without allot of thought, when it comes to just flying that is. I know that the 3D requires more concentration. Like anything else practice makes perfect.
The RX's EL/AIL Gyro Pot setting has a noticable effect on how fast the Mini reacts to user (and wind) EL and AIL commanded changes.

I think the Walker factory setting is intended for newbies, in hopes that that if the AIL and EL Servo's are "dumbed" down, then the newbies will have an easier time hovering. I personally think "dumbing" the Servo's only teaches the newbies to be stick "bangers", and instead think it would be best to have newbies learn to provide their own restraint with the use of self-control at their fingertips.

IMO, once a person is comfortable hovering in all orientations, then the RX's EL/AIL Gyro Pot setting should be tweaked to lower setting. I have mine set all the way to it's minimum setting because I like having full control at my finger tips and the choice of being able to immediately get out of danger.

I've read many people have the opposite preference, and don't like having a very reactive heli, so I suppose having a tweakable Pot is a blessing for all the various types of fliers.
i812 is online now Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Feb 15, 2013 at 09:20 PM. Reason: clarification
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:14 PM
Joined Jan 2013
170 Posts
Just received Pilot's Choice KBDD blades in the mail today... Put them on the CP imeditaely and took them out for a flight. Keep in mind I am new to 6 channel heli's and am in the process of learning to hover. So far I am impressed with the blades. I was told by KBDD that the main blades for the MCP X would fit, but was not sure about the Pilot's choice. I can say that the Pilot's choice improved my newbie flying. Genius for me is more stable than stock blades.
Also took my Super CP out for its first flight. With some practice on the Genius I was able to hover tail in pretty well. Seemed to be more stable to me than the Genius. I may move the blades to the Super CP and see how it works with them.
I can definately see these blades much better.
Here are a few pics of the Genius and Super CP..

Keep em flying!!!
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:53 AM
Joined Jan 2012
27 Posts
Quote:
Just received Pilot's Choice KBDD blades in the mail today... Put them on the CP imeditaely and took them out for a flight. Keep in mind I am new to 6 channel heli's and am in the process of learning to hover. So far I am impressed with the blades. I was told by KBDD that the main blades for the MCP X would fit, but was not sure about the Pilot's choice. I can say that the Pilot's choice improved my newbie flying. Genius for me is more stable than stock blades.
Also took my Super CP out for its first flight. With some practice on the Genius I was able to hover tail in pretty well. Seemed to be more stable to me than the Genius. I may move the blades to the Super CP and see how it works with them.
I can definately see these blades much better.
Here are a few pics of the Genius and Super CP..

Keep em flying!!!
how much and where did you buy ? It really worth the price ?
cadrobbi is offline Find More Posts by cadrobbi
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:03 PM
Joined Jan 2013
170 Posts
This is one place I know you can get them from.. $8.45 + shipping.

http://www.wowhobbies.com/kbdd5013-p...eonorange.aspx

So far I would say that they are an improvement. For me I will buy another set for my Super CP after I try these this afternoon.

There is the Extreme Edition Main blades as well.. $8.75 + shipping

http://www.wowhobbies.com/kbdd5003_m...desorange.aspx

For me the visibility is what I was looking for. The fact that they added stability is a great bonus. I would say they are worth every penny.. There are of course many color choices to suit your visual needs. They also have tail blades..

Keep em flying
Kevin
Last edited by Kevin_JaxFl; Feb 21, 2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:52 PM
San Mateo, CA
United States, CA, Foster City
Joined Dec 2012
1,030 Posts
As we all know these battery connectors in the Wlkera helis is.. ehh... a JOKE. and a bad one at that . the leads are too short and are not secured, thus BANG.. GOOD for another order of spare parts. So then we have the Dean Connectors. But before I go nuts on this, I am contemplating some "extension" that I can insert between the battery cable and the power plug going to the board.. Yes, I heard it... any connection is bad etc etc the plugs ZAP power but guess what, Walkera is happily using them all on the little helis and nowhere do I see people that are ripping these connectors of and replace them with say Dean connectors. So what would you say if I add a short 2 inch or so extension and secure it too so it does not yank the battery or the board, so I do not have to take that flimsy canopy off and rip that sucker to pieces and replace every 10 flights. I bought a bunch of these extensions from WOW and I will be making of few of these new leads and try them out. Total investment?. less than the sales tax on a gallon of your Supreme 91 crap in California!
HPCR is offline Find More Posts by HPCR
Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:32 AM
Southampton, UK
Joined Jul 2004
1,194 Posts
hi all. Received my mini CP the other week. Been flying it around doing circuits etc...

One thing I noticed, and I cant remember if the honeybee king 2 does it, when I make a right turn circuit, the heli banks right and turns nicely. When I make a left circuit, the heli stays very level, it wont bank into the turn.

Im guessing this is normal?
Rodders is offline Find More Posts by Rodders