HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2013, 05:00 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
3-4 minutes should be possible.
Did do do the lvc-mod? Did you check the pionion to gear place left (sorry, do not know the english word)...
How old is the motor? The older they are, the less power/flighttime they have
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:53 AM
Joined Jun 2008
70 Posts
Hello, I have a hard time figuring out the difference between walkera micros.
It seems to me that for the same size (main blades 240mm), we have:
- Genius CP v2
- mini CP
- super CP
Any idea about the difference?
ju204 is offline Find More Posts by ju204
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:55 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Must important difference is that mini and super cp have a seperate mainframe and landing skids. On a Gernius CP its one part and has to be replaced after a few crashs.
Also the Gernius has an 6 Axis receivever, so theoretical should be better to fly at bad weather...
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:22 AM
Joined Jun 2008
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by addifromgermany View Post
Must important difference is that mini and super cp have a seperate mainframe and landing skids. On a Gernius CP its one part and has to be replaced after a few crashs.
Seems like a disadvantage on the genius, I don't want to rebuild the entire heli every week.
Quote:
Also the Gernius has an 6 Axis receivever, so theoretical should be better to fly at bad weather...
This is not considered as a quality of the v120d02s, lot of ppl complain about the 6axis. IMO it is not really a problem ...

What about power? I want to do mild 3D outside and fly sometimes inside. The problem with the v120 is that it is really too reactive to fly in a room, you can only statio with it, which is somewhat boring (but it is a great machine outside).
ju204 is offline Find More Posts by ju204
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:32 AM
Joined Aug 2009
4,907 Posts
I've only flown the Mini, but think of the 3 in stock configuration, the Mini has been reported to have the most power.

Also, according to people who have flown both the Mini and the Blade NanoX, people seem to prefer the Blade NanoX. I think they claim the Blade NanoX is a little lighter, has a little more Main and Tail power and therefore less bogging.
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:12 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ju204 View Post
Seems like a disadvantage on the genius, I don't want to rebuild the entire heli every week.

This is not considered as a quality of the v120d02s, lot of ppl complain about the 6axis. IMO it is not really a problem ...

What about power? I want to do mild 3D outside and fly sometimes inside. The problem with the v120 is that it is really too reactive to fly in a room, you can only statio with it, which is somewhat boring (but it is a great machine outside).
you can tune your v120 to fly better indoors also, lower the pitch range, and setup your d/r so they are at about 65 for aileron and elevator and watch how much different/easier it flies.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:34 PM
Joined Jan 2008
63 Posts
Quote:
3-4 minutes should be possible.
Did do do the lvc-mod? Did you check the pionion to gear place left (sorry, do not know the english word)...
How old is the motor? The older they are, the less power/flighttime they have
I got it secondhand so not sure how old it is. I think it was purchased around 8 months ago.I just ordered a genius motor and main gear to see if it will improve.

There is no mod on the heli.
quacka is offline Find More Posts by quacka
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:40 PM
Austria
Joined Sep 2008
217 Posts
If I use Genius' main motor with Mini's main gear what will be the results? There will be any temperature issues? Should I try it?
helicopter_new is offline Find More Posts by helicopter_new
Last edited by helicopter_new; Jan 08, 2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:28 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopter_new View Post
If I use Genius' main motor with Mini's main gear what will be the results? There will be any temperature issues? Should I try it?
No, it works better as the mini main gear is smaller giving higher head speed. If you limit to 4 to 5 minutes, you should be OK. Just test it out. When you set it up, snug up the motor bolts and spin the rotor. If you feel any gear mesh, it is too tight. It should be smooth as silk when it spins so there is no friction from the gear mesh.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:38 AM
Joined Nov 2012
37 Posts
Hi,

My mini-cp has been out for a while and now that I got it running again, after having flown a lot with the v120 I have the feeling that my servos are way to weak. For instance when doing a back flip (at max rate) once upside down as I reverse the throttle stick (100% down) the flip almost stops until I release the throttle stick again.

I have pitch set to +-50 at the extremities. I've got a brushless setup with the walkera esc, and a 7mm tail motor. I'm also not quite sure that the heli (main motor) is as powerful as before (after replacing my previous BL motor with this one, don't know if there's a connection). I've got brand new batteries.

Do you think of some setting I should review or something else that could be wrong? Thanks for any ideas you might have!
johan_alps is offline Find More Posts by johan_alps
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:57 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
5,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ju204 View Post
Hello, I have a hard time figuring out the difference between walkera micros.
It seems to me that for the same size (main blades 240mm), we have:
- Genius CP v2
- mini CP
- super CP
Any idea about the difference?
Genius CP - 6 axis gyro, combined main trame and skids, normal servos, coreless brushed motor
Mini CP - 3 axis gyro, separate main frame and skids, normal servos, normal brushed motoe
Super CP - 3 axis gyro, separate main frame and skids, servo drive in main board, coreless brushed motor.

I wouldn't bother that much about the 6 axis gyro. As far as I know, the Mini CP is the only one that comes with telemetry enabled. However, I would say that the Super CP wins hand down.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:34 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Genius CP - 6 axis gyro, combined main trame and skids, normal servos, coreless brushed motor
Mini CP - 3 axis gyro, separate main frame and skids, normal servos, normal brushed motoe
Super CP - 3 axis gyro, separate main frame and skids, servo drive in main board, coreless brushed motor.

I wouldn't bother that much about the 6 axis gyro. As far as I know, the Mini CP is the only one that comes with telemetry enabled. However, I would say that the Super CP wins hand down.
+1 on that. You can improve the mini but changing to the same coreless motor from the super, but the servos are still weaker.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:45 PM
Joined Jan 2012
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
+1 on that. You can improve the mini but changing to the same coreless motor from the super, but the servos are still weaker.
Having the servo drive on the RX board doesn't necessarily imply that the servos are stronger - is it certain that the actual motors in the Super CP's servos have more torque?
OrbitalGolem is offline Find More Posts by OrbitalGolem
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:12 PM
Joined May 2012
89 Posts
Numbers on Pic

Can someone identify what the numbers 1 to 4 mean on attached pic. thanks
lent57 is offline Find More Posts by lent57
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:15 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalGolem View Post
Having the servo drive on the RX board doesn't necessarily imply that the servos are stronger - is it certain that the actual motors in the Super CP's servos have more torque?
No, I am not implying they have more power, just more durable. These are the same servos as on the SuperFP. I have that, the SuperCP, and the MiniCP.
I have crashed the SuperFP many times because I fly it way too fast indoors. I have crashed the SuperCP as well. They both have the original servos. The mini has had 3 replaced so far. I may be wrong, but they appear to be more fragile.