HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:51 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryC View Post
I have a V120d02S V2 with a Devo 10 coming any day now, I use a CB100 for indoors mainly but today landed it in a tree so its out of commission until it dries out and want another mainly indoor heli, I was wondering if the mini CP would be better suited for indoors (only a small area) or would I be better with the super fp?

Thanks for any replies
Excellent choice with the V120D02S - you'll love it. I have three. I have no issues hovering it and flying it around the house, though you have to keep a leash on it to prevent it from getting away from you. Still, excellent precision trainer indoors. It and my V120D01 (real Walkera classic, that one) have given me enough practice/skills over nine months to have no issues hovering my V200D03 in the house.

I also have a Mini CP - much better for use indoors, particularly if you keep the stock brushed motor. Though I have a brushless kit ready to go, I've been lazy and flying the stock motor until it dies (which it's taking quite a long time to do, pleasantly surprising from a Walkera). 3D is okay with the brushed motor outside, but a brushless would be better to keep the headspeed more constant.

I've read good things about the Super FP, but I'd take a look also at the V120D01. Not sure how long Walkera will keep manufacturing it (if they haven't stopped already). I could really slug that thing around the house and it's surprisingly reliable in crashes, likely due to the relatively low headspeed. That low headspeed also means less damage to whatever it hits.

And when you need something that can fight the wind better than a V120D02S, take a look at a V200D03. I just picked one up and I really don't see the need for a 450 anytime soon, as long as she stays reliable. That thing is a beast - no way I would want anything to be hit by those carbon fiber blades.
OrbitalGolem is offline Find More Posts by OrbitalGolem
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:28 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
Thanks for the info OrbitalGolem, I was looking at the v120d01 last year but dont think its compatible with my WK-2402 (read somewhere it wasn't) - D02s turned up today, really nice bird, probably a little to large for round the house though other than hovering and orientation.

Will go for a BNF Mini CP I think, about the same size as my CB100.

Thanks
RotaryC is offline Find More Posts by RotaryC
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:45 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryC View Post
Thanks for the info OrbitalGolem, I was looking at the v120d01 last year but dont think its compatible with my WK-2402 (read somewhere it wasn't) - D02s turned up today, really nice bird, probably a little to large for round the house though other than hovering and orientation.

Will go for a BNF Mini CP I think, about the same size as my CB100.

Thanks
As FYI, I use the WK-2403 with the V120D01. This video seems to imply that the WK-2402 works too:

Walkera HM V120D01 (4#6S Flybar Less Version) Test - MyRcMart.com (2 min 44 sec)
OrbitalGolem is offline Find More Posts by OrbitalGolem
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:44 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2010
1,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalGolem View Post
Excellent choice with the V120D02S - you'll love it. I have three. I have no issues hovering it and flying it around the house, though you have to keep a leash on it to prevent it from getting away from you. Still, excellent precision trainer indoors. It and my V120D01 (real Walkera classic, that one) have given me enough practice/skills over nine months to have no issues hovering my V200D03 in the house.

I also have a Mini CP - much better for use indoors, particularly if you keep the stock brushed motor. Though I have a brushless kit ready to go, I've been lazy and flying the stock motor until it dies (which it's taking quite a long time to do, pleasantly surprising from a Walkera). 3D is okay with the brushed motor outside, but a brushless would be better to keep the headspeed more constant.

I've read good things about the Super FP, but I'd take a look also at the V120D01. Not sure how long Walkera will keep manufacturing it (if they haven't stopped already). I could really slug that thing around the house and it's surprisingly reliable in crashes, likely due to the relatively low headspeed. That low headspeed also means less damage to whatever it hits.

And when you need something that can fight the wind better than a V120D02S, take a look at a V200D03. I just picked one up and I really don't see the need for a 450 anytime soon, as long as she stays reliable. That thing is a beast - no way I would want anything to be hit by those carbon fiber blades.
The MasterCP flies really well too.....don't sleep on the MasterCP guys. It's built like a tank (except for the servos) and flies really well.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:28 PM
Registered User
segdohbird's Avatar
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
New mini cp owner

Hey all you mini cp owners
How do you guys charge these little batts.
I have the USB charger that came with the cp and have 6 batteries.
I'm not real inthused about using that charger and was just woundering how you go about charging these little buggers.
I have a cellpro 6 charger but the connectors from the batts don't fit anything that I can find to parallel charge. Are you guys changing the connectors out or what ? And I'm not really sure that the usb charger is charging these to the max.
So whats the skinny ????
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:47 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2010
1,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by segdohbird View Post
Hey all you mini cp owners
How do you guys charge these little batts.
I have the USB charger that came with the cp and have 6 batteries.
I'm not real inthused about using that charger and was just woundering how you go about charging these little buggers.
I have a cellpro 6 charger but the connectors from the batts don't fit anything that I can find to parallel charge. Are you guys changing the connectors out or what ? And I'm not really sure that the usb charger is charging these to the max.
So whats the skinny ????
like this http://www.wowhobbies.com/hm-cb180-z...1-2-1-1-1.aspx
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:56 PM
Registered User
segdohbird's Avatar
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Thanks, that will do it.
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:19 AM
Deviant
sbstnp's Avatar
Joined Jul 2012
1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by segdohbird View Post
Thanks, that will do it.
I got one of those too but I desoldered and made it parallel. These little 1s lipos don't really need balancing.

I charge 3 of my 350mah and 300mah at 1.8A and it work very nicely, final voltage is exactly 4.2V on all 3. That would be 3*300 = 0.9A * 2 = 1.8A so charging at 2C. I could probably go higher than 2C but so far it works ok for me. Charging time is around 25 minutes.

My charger is a genuine Imax B6 (recently bought, has security hologram and I verified the serial and security code on manufacturer's website) and it did charge and balance perfectly, no accuracy problems so far.
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:31 AM
Registered User
segdohbird's Avatar
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbstnp View Post
I got one of those too but I desoldered and made it parallel. These little 1s lipos don't really need balancing.

I charge 3 of my 350mah and 300mah at 1.8A and it work very nicely, final voltage is exactly 4.2V on all 3. That would be 3*300 = 0.9A * 2 = 1.8A so charging at 2C. I could probably go higher than 2C but so far it works ok for me. Charging time is around 25 minutes.

My charger is a genuine Imax B6 (recently bought, has security hologram and I verified the serial and security code on manufacturer's website) and it did charge and balance perfectly, no accuracy problems so far.
OK thanks for the help. So this should also work. But I think you would have to reverse the polarity. Correct
https://02b5baf.netsolstores.com/hpu...geadapter.aspx
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:23 PM
Deviant
sbstnp's Avatar
Joined Jul 2012
1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by segdohbird View Post
OK thanks for the help. So this should also work. But I think you would have to reverse the polarity. Correct
https://02b5baf.netsolstores.com/hpu...geadapter.aspx
Those plugs won't fit without modifications. Rather do like I did and desolder and re-solder to parallel, just go black to black and red to red, heat shrink and done.
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:18 PM
Registered User
segdohbird's Avatar
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbstnp View Post
Those plugs won't fit without modifications. Rather do like I did and desolder and re-solder to parallel, just go black to black and red to red, heat shrink and done.
Can I use this one ????
https://02b5baf.netsolstores.com/jst...raplugs-1.aspx
Or is there a problem with it also?
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:30 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2010
1,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by segdohbird View Post
Can I use this one ????
https://02b5baf.netsolstores.com/jst...raplugs-1.aspx
Or is there a problem with it also?
you can use that too....that's a parallel charging cable....just remember, when charging parallel the batteries will look like one large capacity battery. in other words, (6) 3.7v 240mah batteries look like one large capacity 3.7v 1440mah btty so, to charge it at 1s you would have to use 1.44amps.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Last edited by pmerritt; Sep 28, 2012 at 02:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:56 PM
Registered User
segdohbird's Avatar
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
you can use that too....that's a parallel charging cable....just remember, when charging parallel the batteries will look like one large capacity battery. in other words, (6) 3.7v 240mah batteries look like one large capacity 3.7v 1440mah btty so, to charge it at 1s you would have to use 1.44amps.
Got it Thanks.
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:41 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
SoloProFan's Avatar
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by segdohbird View Post
Hey all you mini cp owners
How do you guys charge these little batts.
I have the USB charger that came with the cp and have 6 batteries.
I'm not real inthused about using that charger and was just woundering how you go about charging these little buggers.
I have a cellpro 6 charger but the connectors from the batts don't fit anything that I can find to parallel charge. Are you guys changing the connectors out or what ? And I'm not really sure that the usb charger is charging these to the max.
So whats the skinny ????
I use the Imax B6, so you can see what the charger puts back after a flight.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:54 AM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
you can use that too....that's a parallel charging cable....just remember, when charging parallel the batteries will look like one large capacity battery. in other words, (6) 3.7v 240mah batteries look like one large capacity 3.7v 1440mah btty so, to charge it at 1s you would have to use 1.44amps.
I have seen this discussion on several threads about parallel VS serial charging.
I may be wrong on this, but I thought this is the difference.
If you parallel charge, would all your batteries not need to be the same starting voltage. I would think when one battery gets to full voltage, the charger would cut out leaving some of the other batteries not fully charge.
In the series method, each battery is an individual cell, so the charger would balance each cell and get all the batteries to full voltage similar to balance charging a 3 cell battery.
You guys have more experience with multiple charging and I need to set up something to charge batteries for the MiniCP and a V120DO2S. Getting too many batteries.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anybody use two packs for speed 400 twins? Daniel English Electric Plane Talk 69 Feb 26, 2014 04:49 PM
Discussion NiCad Disposal GaryK Batteries and Chargers 28 Jan 16, 2014 01:16 PM
Which sensorless SC will work the best for an F7LMR and 10 cells? GregG Electric Plane Talk 6 Nov 18, 2013 08:21 PM
ARF's Cheaper Than Built-Up's Models E-Challenged Electric Plane Talk 42 Aug 01, 2013 10:25 AM
x250...not fair!! tnsfrk Electric Plane Talk 28 Jan 08, 2012 09:30 AM