HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:32 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
I thought telemetry was Devo8 and up?
The Devo 6s is telemetry enabled. However, you can still do it for the older Devo 6. The only limitation is that it only works within 15 meters. You may have to ask others on the main Mini CP thread how to do it.

http://fpvcentral.net/2012/03/devent...-modification/
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:35 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,132 Posts
Should I need this update, will updating the Devo erase the model settings? I didn't program the TX myself, so until I get more accustomed to CP flight, I hesitate to alter things...
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:41 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,136 Posts
Quote:
Should I need this update, will updating the Devo erase the model settings? I didn't program the TX myself, so until I get more accustomed to CP flight, I hesitate to alter things...
The first thing you have to make sure is whether you have got the old (silver) Devo 6 or the new (black) Devo 6S. You don't need an update with the Devo 6s.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:12 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Ok, I'm just trying to do basic hover training, so normal flight mode only. I'll time flights at 4 minutes then for now.
sounds about right. Just get a bunch of batteries

With the stock bats i can get probably 4 minutes of hovering, but i stop doing tricks and flying inverted after 1:45 cause it doesn't quite have the power to flip easily after that, and i'll usually land after 2 minutes. I bought a bunch of batteries so i don't have to worry about that little issue, but then i busted my rx and am still trying to fix it before i fork out the cash for a new one.

Make sure to tape your canopy to the battery tray to prevent doing the same, cause if the canopy pops off in a crash the rx is the next to be hit.
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:59 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The first thing you have to make sure is whether you have got the old (silver) Devo 6 or the new (black) Devo 6S. You don't need an update with the Devo 6s.
Ah, mine is black, so it must be the 6S. Yippie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
sounds about right. Just get a bunch of batteries

With the stock bats i can get probably 4 minutes of hovering, but i stop doing tricks and flying inverted after 1:45 cause it doesn't quite have the power to flip easily after that, and i'll usually land after 2 minutes. I bought a bunch of batteries so i don't have to worry about that little issue, but then i busted my rx and am still trying to fix it before i fork out the cash for a new one.

Make sure to tape your canopy to the battery tray to prevent doing the same, cause if the canopy pops off in a crash the rx is the next to be hit.
Good call on that canopy, I already noticed it easily slips off at the bottom, even when simply inserting the battery...

They should have opted for a better mounting system, so that no modifications are needed to make the canopy protect the RX.

Edit: I have the black Devo 6, yet I can't find the Telemetry icon...
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SoloProFan; Jul 11, 2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:30 AM
Russian Federation, Primorsky Krai, Vladivostok
Joined Jun 2012
42 Posts
Hey guys,

Anyone know anything about the brushless version offered here at rc711.com?

I'm primarily interested in the ESC and brushless motor being used, as well as the main gear (Mini CP or Genius CP?). Are they using quality components or the Walkera Genius CP brushless upgrade which some have labeled as 'junk'?

I know I could save some money doing it myself, but for a variety of (practical) reasons I'd just as well spend the few extra bucks to have a nice turnkey solution.

Thanks.
Newbmeister is offline Find More Posts by Newbmeister
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:40 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbmeister View Post
Hey guys,

Anyone know anything about the brushless version offered here at rc711.com?

I'm primarily interested in the ESC and brushless motor being used, as well as the main gear (Mini CP or Genius CP?). Are they using quality components or the Walkera Genius CP brushless upgrade which some have labeled as 'junk'?

I know I could save some money doing it myself, but for a variety of (practical) reasons I'd just as well spend the few extra bucks to have a nice turnkey solution.

Thanks.
As far as I know, this is not an official Walkera version but one that is modified by rc711. So it is a matter of whether you trust them or not.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:01 AM
Joined Jun 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
As far as I know, this is not an official Walkera version but one that is modified by rc711. So it is a matter of whether you trust them or not.
I was pretty sure it wasn't an official Walkera product which is why I am interested in finding out what I can from anyone with firsthand experience. As for trusting them, I don't have any prior experience with rc711 so it's a crapshoot.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:20 AM
Joined Jul 2012
56 Posts
[QUOTE=itsmillertime;21366966]They're on Ebay too:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...All-Categories
buychina is offline Find More Posts by buychina
Last edited by buychina; Aug 31, 2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 02:35 PM
Big Island of Hawaii
Joined Jan 2011
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buychina View Post
You can just order it at http://www.buychina.com/products/16588196358 with Paypal ,free shipping for USD50 above orders this month.
Seems a bit pricy compared to a C05M 1.5mm from (HK). Can it be that much better??
RD
rldeveer is offline Find More Posts by rldeveer
Last edited by rldeveer; Jul 22, 2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Correction
Old Jul 22, 2012, 03:22 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
Raises cog ever so slightly, most likely not even noticeable but every bit helps. Slightly higher kv for a little more headspeed but you'd likely need to reduce pitch to avoid bogging. The raised design makes for a much easier rewind if you're inclined to do that sort of thing. I wanted to get a M5 motor but the price turned me off and then I got a hp05s and would never consider a c05/ m5 again.
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:30 AM
Joined Jun 2012
42 Posts
Moved post to the 'other' MCP thread.
Last edited by Newbmeister; Jul 24, 2012 at 04:59 AM.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:27 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Got a new bl mini cp, flew it and it flew great. After a few days i crashed it upside down on hard ground, everything looked ok, but for some reason after the crash I have extremely negative pitch, but the swash was still level, and the blades still tracking.

I haven't had much time to look into it yet, but i'm not sure why crashing would make all three servos give negative pitch. I don't get 0 degrees pitch until I am at nearly 100%, where I use to have 0 degrees set at 50%. Any ideas what might be going on here, or has anybody else had this issue? I find it hard to believe that all three servos slipped the exact same amount on the crash, though i guess it's possible.

EDIT: Haha, i'm retarded, the main gear just slipped down a little on the main shaft. I haven't had to replace either of those yet and didn't realize it was a press fit...
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Last edited by dilberto; Aug 02, 2012 at 02:47 AM.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 08:53 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
End of an era... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1156
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:00 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2009
449 Posts
Does anyone know where I can find a 1mm M0.5 7t or 8t pinion? I would like to use a CO5M with the Mini CP main gear instead of the Genius main gear.
3Dmuse is offline Find More Posts by 3Dmuse