HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:27 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
870 Posts
I wish, then I'd have more money for flying weedeaters.
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2012, 07:26 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
I wish, then I'd have more money for flying weedeaters.
Well based on what i've seen you'd be a better electrical engineer than most of the ones i work with

oh, quick update on my rx: my buddy at work has the resistor but not the cap. He knew exactly what it was though, Tantalum something or other, and helped me look it up on digikey, 35 cents, a budget buster... Gotta wait for that now and have him solder it on there, i'll also have him take the rx under the scope and look for a loose connection since i noticed differences when bending the rx by hand. If anybody can fix that he can, there are only a handful of people at my work that have the soldering skills that he does, and he's got his own $100k soldering station there, so hopefully he can save me 70 bucks
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Jun 18, 2012, 08:13 PM
Joined May 2012
253 Posts
can anyone tell me if the mini cp is supposed to float or not. after receiving a new receiver in the mail today i believe i just flew my baby into a lake. she disappeared behind or on top of some trees. thats why i ask if its supposed to be floating. cause I've been searching for an hour now and i see nothing in the trees, and nothing on the lake.
its so sad. my main goal was to do 3d for the first 2 to 3 minutes then fly the rest of the time doing figure 8's. for the first time i successfully did exactly that with no crashes twice. the third time, well after 3d, during figure 8's i got called in the house for dinner. i took my eyes off her for a second but when i looked back, she was almost vertical and appeared to be above or between the trees on my property line. i couldn't tell weather she was facing me or not. she was to my left and i was making a right turn bringing her back around. but the tail was noticeably below the nose. i guess thats what threw me off. i wanted to drop the nose and go forward but if i was actually facing the lake it would have went further away. i see now that would have been the better choice. either way i choked and hit throttle hold as i had done so many times today when i was at the park and she kept getting too far away. SMH sad face. gosh I'm trying to laugh this one off, but its sooo hard
Neoneo is offline Find More Posts by Neoneo
Old Jun 18, 2012, 08:20 PM
Joined Dec 2011
870 Posts
Sorry to hear. Lesson learned, never take your eyes off of it. That's how I ended up with the new scars on my chest, lol.

I picked up .4g reinforcing my tail. I filled the 2mm square tube with ca and then jammed in a sliver of another broken tail boom to strengthen it and then heat shrinked the whole deal.

Old Jun 18, 2012, 08:32 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoneo View Post
can anyone tell me if the mini cp is supposed to float or not. after receiving a new receiver in the mail today i believe i just flew my baby into a lake. she disappeared behind or on top of some trees. thats why i ask if its supposed to be floating. cause I've been searching for an hour now and i see nothing in the trees, and nothing on the lake.
its so sad. my main goal was to do 3d for the first 2 to 3 minutes then fly the rest of the time doing figure 8's. for the first time i successfully did exactly that with no crashes twice. the third time, well after 3d, during figure 8's i got called in the house for dinner. i took my eyes off her for a second but when i looked back, she was almost vertical and appeared to be above or between the trees on my property line. i couldn't tell weather she was facing me or not. she was to my left and i was making a right turn bringing her back around. but the tail was noticeably below the nose. i guess thats what threw me off. i wanted to drop the nose and go forward but if i was actually facing the lake it would have went further away. i see now that would have been the better choice. either way i choked and hit throttle hold as i had done so many times today when i was at the park and she kept getting too far away. SMH sad face. gosh I'm trying to laugh this one off, but its sooo hard
Oh man, that really sucks! Unfortunately they don't float, unless by some lucky chance the canopy kept some air and is keeping the nose up. Are you sure you didn't go in the trees? Maybe it'll bind again if you turn your rx back on and you can listen for it.

That's a hard one to laugh off, but if it makes you feel any better i couldn't help but let out a laugh when i realized what you meant, after my initial "oh $#*t, you mean water"... At first when you said "float" i thought you meant float as in hover smoothly, it wasn't until you mentioned a lake that i realized you meant it literally. If you're flying near a lake you might want to look into strapping some foam on it somewhere. Anyway, good luck with your search, don't give up yet, it might just be hiding in or around the trees.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 08:42 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,170 Posts
Quote:
2s power now in the works...

You talking about the Blade 130X?
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Old Jun 18, 2012, 08:44 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
wow, that bird will be crazy! So are you an electrical engineer or something? I'm a mechanical
Dilberto, please find me a tap for the Mini Links.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 08:52 PM
Joined Dec 2011
870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post

You talking about the Blade 130X?
Nope, Mini 120x. Seriously, with the performance of this thing I have no desire for the 130x anymore. I have stretched it with longer blades, tail and soon a slightly bigger canopy and 450 like performance, lol.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 09:04 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,170 Posts
Quote:
Nope, Mini 120x. Seriously, with the performance of this thing I have no desire for the 130x anymore. I have stretched it with longer blades, tail and soon a slightly bigger canopy and 450 like performance, lol.

That figures. Everyone wants to copy what Blade does.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 09:15 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,170 Posts
Quote:
What are you using for the Collar?

And tell us more about the Tail Motor Holder. Will it also hold the stock Tail Motor?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 09:24 PM
Joined Dec 2011
870 Posts
Mainshaft collar? if so, just the stock one for now. I have a delrin slip fit collar and beefier 64t main gear on the way. The tail mount is just a cheap 6mm tail motor mount for 2mm booms. I file the boom down to fit.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 09:26 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
Dilberto, please find me a tap for the Mini Links.
Sorry I don't work with stuff that tiny so no firsthand experience there, that's why i sold the v120 cause i couldn't fix the tail Tho I think this one said it goes down to 0.7mm which would be small enough for those links (i measured 0.8mm). http://www.amazon.com/SE-Mini-Tap-Di.../dp/B002RU96S8

Out of curiousity, why do you need a tap for the servo links on the mini, are you making your own or something?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:21 PM
Joined May 2012
253 Posts
its dark out. I'm going to try back in the morning. its a shame, i just put 3 brand motor, 3 new servos, and a "just received in the mail today" receiver. my heart herts. I'm shaking it off. 15 minutes of searching in the morning, then I'm placing my order with Bob at helircstore.com. it'll be another test for Bob. hobbyone has the v120d02s v2 for 179.99, Bob has it for 199.90. if he'll match the price, i'll be ordering a new mini cp, and the v120d02s v2 in the morning with a few spare "just in case" parts. i was supposed to wait till the 1st to order that one but I'm to emotionally distraught to wait (LOL). on the 1st i'll order the mini cp receiver, motor, and 3 servos. thats all i need to build a second mini cp. this way i can rotate between flights, and more importantly, i can still fly when 1 bird goes down. now i have the ladybird, but after flying 3d, the ladybird is childs play. sure she's fast and she flips, but I'm addicted to inverted flying now lol.
i just remembered, there's a 350 mAH battery in that bird to. SMH!
Last edited by Neoneo; Jun 18, 2012 at 11:35 PM. Reason: i just remembered :(
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:12 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Bummer Neo, i feel your pain. Haven't lost a heli but had some bad wrecks, and the last one only a few days ago i thought i lost a 450 3gx, took a good 20 min with the sun fading fast before me and my buddy found it in some 3 foot tall grass and weeds (tic tock failure too far away...)

The funny thing is that we had not too long ago been talking about somebody losing their genius (i think it was this thread) and i said how i never turn my tx off when i crash, well... as soon as i crashed and ran to look for my 450 i flipped my tx off Oops, i realized less than 5 seconds later and flipped it back on, and i have a fixed id set, so i was hoping it would rebind but had no clue if it did or not. Walking around i couldnt hear anything when i moved the tx sticks so i was beginning to get worried cause I had a lot of ground to search and began to think of that genius cp

After a while i started to notice a very very high pitch noise when i move the throttle stick in normal mode. It was hard to hear over the bugs and birds and hard to pinpoint, but i noticed it was directly related to my stick movement and figured the motor must be locked and i'm picking out the tiny squeal of electricity and magnets out of all loud bugs and birds around. It took over a full five minutes to find it from that point, and i started to worry i landed in the tiny stream in the field, but eventually my friend and I found it. Schweew! (sweat dripping from forehead..)

I do hope you find yours, but sounds like you know the drill, live and learn

Edit: Roll with it and order a new one now with a bunch of extras, it'll make you feel better
Last edited by dilberto; Jun 19, 2012 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Add important info :)
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:24 AM
Joined May 2012
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
Bummer Neo, i feel your pain. Haven't lost a heli but had some bad wrecks, and the last one only a few days ago i thought i lost a 450 3gx, took a good 20 min with the sun fading fast before me and my buddy found it in some 3 foot tall grass and weeds (tic tock failure too far away...)

The funny thing is that we had not too long ago been talking about somebody losing their genius (i think it was this thread) and i said how i never turn my tx off when i crash, well... as soon as i crashed and ran to look for my 450 i flipped my tx off Oops, i realized less than 5 seconds later and flipped it back on, and i have a fixed id set, so i was hoping it would rebind but had no clue if it did or not. Walking around i couldnt hear anything when i moved the tx sticks so i was beginning to get worried cause I had a lot of ground to search and began to think of that genius cp

After a while i started to notice a very very high pitch noise when i move the throttle stick in normal mode. It was hard to hear over the bugs and birds and hard to pinpoint, but i noticed it was directly related to my stick movement and figured the motor must be locked and i'm picking out the tiny squeal of electricity and magnets out of all loud bugs and birds around. It took over a full five minutes to find it from that point, and i started to worry i landed in the tiny stream in the field, but eventually my friend and I found it. Schweew! (sweat dripping from forehead..)

I do hope you find yours, but sounds like you know the drill, live and learn

Edit: Roll with it and order a new one now with a bunch of extras, it'll make you feel better
i noticed a while ago that when my mini cp was on its side, and i gave it throttle, it wouldn't even attempt to turn. just a slight jolt with not even enough noise to hear it from close range. does yours do that. ali shanmoe gave his a little throttle, when it was on its side, and it turned upright like the 3.5 channels do. when i was looking in the trees and bushes on the edge of the lake i was turning left and right aileron cause that is the most noise i could ever get out of it outside of flying.