SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by mandevil, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 03:34 PM
Joined Jun 2011
114 Posts
Discussion
Another weekend (and first damage taken)

On Saturday I did some video flying under castle ruin Blansko and took about 25 minutes of footage, but unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be any good. I have no idea why, but the flight is very jerky. It's as if the plane is constantly being upset by something. With my previous plane (which had the exact same airframe) the flying seemed smoother (though still far from ideal).

On Sunday I took Bixler to a slope. I didn't expect slope soaring, but actually the wind was fairly favourable and I managed to keep the plane in air for a while. After some time I noticed that both my ailerons are little up -- both the same amount. This looked strange and I suspected something wrong with servos. I readjusted the clevis/pushrod linkage, but after more flying the ailerons were up again, this time little too much for comfort. I thought the session's over and started packing, but then an idea flashed in my head. I turned the right knob on my TX and indeed, both ailerons raised and lowered as the knob was turned. I completely forgot that I still have active setting, that allows to adjust the ailerons symetrically when the right switch is on (that is either as spoilerons or flaperons). Oh well, I readjusted the aileron linkages again and continued flying. Unfortunately the wind was quite changeable and I suffered few light crashes. It all ended up when I discovered that my tail is crooked from a crack in the rear of the fuselage.

Note the raised ailerons. This was the moment when I decided that something is seriously wrong and decided to stop flying.

This is how I ended the day; the crack in fuselage is barely visible right below the horizontal stabilizer on the right side. Inevitable when you fly too carelessly.
mandevil is offline Find More Posts by mandevil
to remove ads between posts