HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Halifax1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:02 AM
Uh Oh
United States, CT, Colebrook
Joined Apr 2005
316 Posts
Trader Rating: 27
For Sale
D&E Skipjack-Class RC Submarine, SSN-588 USS Scamp (RTR)

Hi and thanks for checking out my ad.

Here is a beautiful D & E Skipjack RC submarine painted in the shakedown cruise colors of the USS Scamp, SSN-588. It includes everything needed to sail her except your 75MHz receiver / transmitter. She's beautifully finished, balanced, ballasted and ready to go. She has a slight fissure in the forward port area, visible in one of the photos. An easy fill if you want to fix it; paint alone would do it. It is not through the hull and it does not flex.

She's just a damn pretty ship, and she runs fast and true. Dives and surfaces nicely. Shows nicely on her stand in drydock on your mantle.

Included are the following items:

1. D&E Skipjack body in 1:96 scale with all assembled linkages for dive planes, rudder, etc. The sub is 33" in length.

2. Merriman WTC3 3" WaterTight Compartment with Traxx speed controller, all plumbing for use with Propel, servos, and bulkheads

3. SubTech APC3 automatic pitch controller

4. Subtech Subsafe missing-pulse failsafe device

5. Custom stand

6. (2) 1500mAH 7.2V 6-cell batteries, used

7. (1) SubTech NiMH 7.2V 4500mAH battery, new in sealed original bag

8. (2) nozzles for use with cans of Propel

9. Spares: two new dive planes, finished

10. Four conning tower masts and antennae, finished in spotted camo

11. Ten-pack of bulkhead sealing o-rings

12. Two new cast metal propellers

13. Bag of new cast metalwork trim bits for deck

14. Bag of molded, unfinished planes, rudders, hatch, antennae

15. Spare collars, linkage, small hardware, flotation, weights.

Asking $750. Paypal only, please. A delicate item to ship, so I will have it professionally packaged. Figure $75 for shipping. If it comes out lower, I will refund any overage to your paypal account. I have several cans of Propel to charge the ballast system ... will ship them in a separate box by USPS ground if you cover the shipping cost.
Halifax1 is offline Find More Posts by Halifax1
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2012, 12:15 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2011
7 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Wow thats nice! wish i had the funds to buy it!
hckyfntck is offline Find More Posts by hckyfntck