Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:28 AM
United Kingdom, East Boldre
Joined Jan 2012
40 Posts
Help!
G.T.Model 5889 problem - HELP

I have a G.T.Model 5889. I have just fitted a new PCB board, but the heli does not seem to connect to the TX....

The LED on the board flashes quickly, and when I try to connect the TX, the LED blinks slowly, but no connection.

Anyone have any idea as to what is wrong?

Don
boggit is offline Find More Posts by boggit
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:31 AM
Joined Jan 2012
235 Posts
for what you are saying, it sounds to me that it is a binding prob.When binding that light flashing is saying that is in bind ready mode waiting to be bound.You will notice ,when the light goes a solid led that it is telling you that it is bound.Try rebinding it and wait for that light to go solid.When the light goes solid then and only then remove the binding plug.You then should be bound
helifreak1 is offline Find More Posts by helifreak1
Old Mar 18, 2012, 01:37 PM
Joined Jan 2012
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helifreak1 View Post
for what you are saying, it sounds to me that it is a binding prob.When binding that light flashing is saying that is in bind ready mode waiting to be bound.You will notice ,when the light goes a solid led that it is telling you that it is bound.Try rebinding it and wait for that light to go solid.When the light goes solid then and only then remove the binding plug.You then should be bound
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a 'binding plug'? All I used to do was switch on the TX, then the heli, wait for about 5 seconds, then steer left and right to hear the servos working, then I knew they were connected....

Can low batteries in the TX cause this?

Don
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:46 PM
Joined Jan 2012
40 Posts
No takers?

Don
Old Mar 22, 2012, 03:27 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,416 Posts
2.4 GHz PCBs must be bound to a specific transmitter, it's not automatic. Some vendors use a binding plug, others require you to follow some procedure. You need to find out how to bind your transmitter to the new PCB. This presumes the PCB came from the same vendor as the transmitter.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:38 PM
Joined Jan 2012
40 Posts
Ok Balr14, I have found out how to do it!

To bind the Transmitter with Heli GT 5889

1. Pull down the 2 sticks of the transmitter to the bottom right corner. Then turn on the power switch of the transmitter, now the indicator light of the transmitter should flash across

2. Then turn on the power switch of the heli, the LED light will flash .

3. The binding is successfull when the LED lights change from flashing to steady and when you hear the swash setting it self to the base position

4. Now switch off the Transmitter then turn it back on and you should be good to go.

Note:

If binding fails the first time just remove battery from Heli then switch off Transmitter and then turn back Tx. First and then Power up heli it should automatically again go in bind search mode and should bind this time.

Don
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:42 PM
Joined Jan 2012
40 Posts
Unfortunately my original problem remains.

When you power up the throttle, the heli just spins, no matter how much you try to trim it! I assumed the gyro was faulty, so bought a new PCB. It appears the original PCB was fine, and the fault is elsewhere, I just haven't a clue what to try next.

Any suggestions?

Don
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:18 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,416 Posts
Could be a bad motor.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:48 AM
Joined Jan 2012
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Could be a bad motor.
Thanks, I did have a suspicion that this was the case. I have a spare motor from another heli knocking around. I'll give that a go.

Many thanks for the help guy!!!

Don
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:36 AM
They were made by Schluter
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2012
33 Posts
If the tail in non-responsive verify the tail motor is functional with correct polarity and gryro is functional too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggit View Post
Unfortunately my original problem remains.

When you power up the throttle, the heli just spins, no matter how much you try to trim it! I assumed the gyro was faulty, so bought a new PCB. It appears the original PCB was fine, and the fault is elsewhere, I just haven't a clue what to try next.

Any suggestions?

Don
HeliStar is offline Find More Posts by HeliStar
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:52 AM
Joined Jan 2012
40 Posts
The tail motor is working well, but the machine just spins. I thought the gyro was shot, so I replaced the PCB board, same problem though....

Don
Old Mar 27, 2012, 02:37 PM
Joined Jan 2012
40 Posts
TTT.

Don
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:13 PM
Power-line attraction pilot
United States, MA, Natick
Joined Jun 2011
517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggit View Post
TTT.

Don
Did you ever fix your 5889? Mine also spins in circles and I have replaced the receiver board. Is it the motor?
caall99 is offline Find More Posts by caall99
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:51 AM
Romania, TM, Timisoara
Joined Aug 2011
125 Posts
A friend just got this heli.

Problem is, when you apply more than light throttle, tail cannot keep up and heli starts to spin ccw (left). Gyro seems to work (the hold heli in hand apply low throttle rotate it slowly watch tail trying to compensate test passes). New batteries.

Remaining causes, bad (weak) tail motor, bad (bent) tail propeller, bad electronics... not sure how to start and not waste money replacing good parts.

Any help appreciated.
danb1974 is offline Find More Posts by danb1974