HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by DLGjunkyard, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:23 AM
Now fortified with carbon
Canada, ON, Puslinch
Joined Apr 2010
2,733 Posts
Build Log
A small jig I made for burning the holes for top drive push rods in DLG flapperons

I had seen a lot of top drive installs using thicker carbon rods but all I had was music wire so I wanted to be sure my holes where tight going through the foam and also the placement had to be accurate so I made a guide and use a cigarette lighter to heat the burn wire. I was also very careful about not enlarging the exit hole through the kevlar. The rod has to flex a very small amount near the horn so the foam has to be slotted at that point. I did that with my dremal wheel. I managed to get a dymond d4.7 under the skin surface on the bottom side. Very tight fit indeed.
DLGjunkyard is offline Find More Posts by DLGjunkyard
Last edited by DLGjunkyard; Mar 22, 2013 at 12:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts