HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by needacheaphobby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 02:25 AM
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Oct 2011
21 Posts
Trader Rating: 35
Sold
C&H Synchro-Spark ignition system

Don't believe it ever was used. Taken from a plane under construction. Sensor ring 27.9mm ID, 52mm OD, which is I believe about a .90 size engine. $65 shipped CONUS
needacheaphobby is offline Find More Posts by needacheaphobby
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2012, 10:03 AM
I HATE GLOW PLUGS!
United States, NY, St Lawrence
Joined Feb 2012
1,200 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
By the '97 date on the back of the case, this looks like the Mk I system. I have two of those, a single & a twin system & they are the 1st "Syncrospark" systems. They are good systems but there are a few issues here.
  1. Does the system work? If you have a 1/4X32 spark plug & a 4.8v battery pack it can be tested by passing the front of the hall sensor over the magnet (the black end I think) within about .020" & you should get spark. (you may need to swap magnet ends as it will only work if polarity is correct)
  2. What type of engine did this come from? I think that there were different spark curves for 2-stroke/4-stroke applications
  3. The new, more compact sytem is available for $75 so I think your price is a bit high

The size of the trigger ring will fit the prop hub of my Saito FA 91 so I would be interested if the price was more in line & you test the system to assure spark.

If you can't test the system I could do it provided I can return the item if it is defective.
SrTelemaster is online now Find More Posts by SrTelemaster
Last edited by SrTelemaster; Apr 01, 2012 at 10:11 AM.
Closed Thread