Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:56 AM
Joined Mar 2012
10 Posts
Help!
CYCLOPS OSD 1.5 GPS problem.

I am just getting into fpv and I have run into a snag. I have major issues with My GPS, I am running Cyclopes OSD 1.5 and a 400mw 1.2 GHZ video system with a low pass filter and the only way I can get any GPS signal is by removing the OSD and GPS from the plane and moving the GPS as far from the plane as its cable will allow. Even then its pretty slow to connect. I am assuming that my problem is either noise from the power system or the video transmitter. I have tried moving the GPS and transmitter further away from one another by about 6 more inches then they were positioned before and I have also installed chokes on all of the power wires. To no avail. Is there a way to fix this? Do I need to move my transmitter even further away? Its driving me mad and my OSD is mostly useless without it. Oh and this is all mounted on a skysurfer.

I really appreciate any help or information anyone can share with me.
grassiew is offline Find More Posts by grassiew
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2012, 11:19 PM
alexw
Canada, QC, Vaudreuil-Dorion
Joined Jul 2011
16 Posts
gps

On my plane I moved the gps antenna away from the camera. I also noticed that when I switched from 2.4ghz rc control to 72mhz rc control all my problems went away.

Alex
alexw is offline Find More Posts by alexw
Old Apr 26, 2013, 08:30 PM
United States, IA, Cedar Rapids
Joined Oct 2009
61 Posts
The answer is very simple. I actually came up with the answer just now while i was looking to resolve the ssame issue. I recently started having that problem and I just realized that I change to a different channel on my Video tx. So play with the channels until you get one that works. Channel 5 works for me, I believe that is like 1180 MHz.
hoeniola is offline Find More Posts by hoeniola