Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 16, 2012, 01:04 PM
Greeley, Colorado, USA
Joined Feb 2000
2,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by la528it View Post
Can't wait to see the finished product plane Lenny. As for

Yeah, good thought -- my 10S packs could be split into 2 x 5S. I think they'd be too long though, and would be narrower than necessary, thus wasting space along the sides. Two traditional 5S-2200 packs fill the available space better.
I'm going to try fitting 6S packs too. It will be close, but may be possible. 12S would be even better than 10S at producing big power and still keeping the amps reasonable.

Lenny
Lenny970 is offline Find More Posts by Lenny970
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:14 PM
Singapore
Joined Aug 2006
312 Posts
2 x 2700mah 5s packs will fit nicely
Gungho is offline Find More Posts by Gungho
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:20 PM
Why you swing so hard?
Lake Tahoe
Joined Jun 2006
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungho View Post
2 x 2700mah 5s packs will fit nicely
Perfect Dennis. Thanks.

Juan
jsnaphook is offline Find More Posts by jsnaphook
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:46 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,342 Posts
Wow, gorgeous plane....
rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:41 AM
Cyprus, Nicosia, Egkomi
Joined Feb 2009
39 Posts
Hello fellow hurricaners...any news on the build Lenny.
I am expecting mine to be shipped any day now.
Is there a detailed manual inside?
I'm trying to think of how it's best to power the servos.
BEC or extra battery...voltage regulator?
George Rc is offline Find More Posts by George Rc
Last edited by George Rc; Dec 27, 2012 at 03:59 AM.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:19 AM
Greeley, Colorado, USA
Joined Feb 2000
2,783 Posts
George,

I bet you can't wait. This is an awesome model!

No build progress on mine yet. I just had some shoulder surgery and can't do any building (or launching) for a while.
No manual shipped with the model, but it's available online on StratAir's site in German. The CG location and settings will be useful, but the build is very straightforward.

I'll definitely use a dedicated receiver battery, but I'll wait to see how the model balances out to decide on the receiver pack.

Good luck,
Lenny
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:20 PM
Cyprus, Nicosia, Egkomi
Joined Feb 2009
39 Posts
Thank you.
I have asked to have the servos built in by them.
The reason is because the push pull linkages might need special glue where glued to the control surfaces.
I thought the wrong glue might be risky...very hot here in summer...cold winter...that might be risky due to temperature changes so I left it to them.
I cannot wait...actually it struck me today when I made the payment that this is for real...it started with admiration and now it's a few weeks away.
Get better soon my friend...best George.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:22 PM
Las Vegas
Joined Mar 2009
1,105 Posts
Thinking about buying this ship.
LVSloper is offline Find More Posts by LVSloper
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:59 PM
Singapore
Joined Aug 2006
312 Posts
Few things you need to do....

1. Reinforce the motor mount circumference with carbon tow both inside and out...does not hurt.

2. The tail ball links are glued into a hole in the control surface about 30mm in(very long link). I had mine pop loose after a few flights on hard landing when I nocticed my tirms running and the link was twisting in the hole. I managed to yank both out and used thick CA to reglue them. No problem so far. Its 30C here and 90% humidity all year round here.

3. I have MKS servos all round and I use a CC bec 10A to power the the RX. No issues so far. But the Voltron 5.4 V BEC is bullet proof and you can use that too.

4. Follow the german instructions on the stratair website. Google translate helps.

If Rainer did the full build for you, there is very little left to do except install the electronics and program the beast...and oh cutting open all the cooling holes. The rear exit vents are tricky to cut but a small dremal bit helps.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:52 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,342 Posts
Where is this plane forSale?
LINKs.
thanks ya'll :-)
rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:59 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1 View Post
Where is this plane forSale?
LINKs.
thanks ya'll :-)
http://stratair.com/Produktdetail.aspx?ArtId=1243
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:19 AM
Cyprus, Nicosia, Egkomi
Joined Feb 2009
39 Posts
Rainer installed all MKS servos in the wings and the vtail mks servos too.
Leomotion 2700kv.
YGE200 + progcard.
Will cut out the duct holes.
I am thinking of getting the Hercules BEC but I believe the servos take 5 volts AND NO MORE.
http://www.readyheli.com/WRL-HBECS7-...k_p_40395.html.
I need to dress the bottom for landing on Tarmac.
I have downloaded the manual in German.
I speak german my wife is german .
But I have downloaded the " manual" but it's more for the sailplane model and have not gotten information on control surface throws...or COG info or anything relating to the actual model which surprises me considering there guys are perfectionists.
I am hoping the kit comes with a hard copy manual...but it seems it might not be the case...which means I'm going to have to figure things out if this is the case.
Keeping my fingers crossed.
I am we'll equipped dremmel wise and my experience as a jeweller will help me with the holes.
Just cannot find a manual in PDF for THIS model...
Last edited by George Rc; Jan 04, 2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:03 AM
Singapore
Joined Aug 2006
312 Posts
Goerge,

I used this..

http://www.stratair.com/Download/Hur...nual_Ger_3.pdf

See page 9, Section 5.1.....read on and the CG is betweenn 91-97mm

"For flying in the plane or in the competitive discipline F3B 93mm are recommended as a priority. The following excursions for the longitudinal motion are valid only for this priority. The tow hook sits 113mm behind the edge to the hood.
For flying and for the less experienced pilots, a forward on 91mm make sense. A forward center of gravity enhances stability of the longitudinal movement.
The experienced pilot can withdraw the focus gradually to a maximum of 97mm. The farther back the focus is, the more sensitive the Hurricane will respond to the same height deflections. these are

So while reducing. The model will dominate this increasingly difficult. Vary the focus only in 1 mm increments. 5g meet the lead in the nose.
Please note that the wing geometry of Hurricane leads to a more forward center of gravity than most other F3B or F3F models."
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:21 PM
Greeley, Colorado, USA
Joined Feb 2000
2,783 Posts
I got all my servos and just had to see how they fit. I have to say that the internal drive linkage that StratAir installed is very slick!
It comes with the pushrods already installed and connected to the control surface. The servo tray is already installed too.

A steel collar is provided that matches the splines of the servo shaft, and a set screw locks it in place. It also has a steel pin through it that fits the drive hole in the G10 pushrod.
(A tiny E clip is also provided to secure the pin into the pushrod, but I haven't installed it yet.)

Here is an aileron servo temporarily installed to check the fit. It's a nice, solid linkage and the only slop I can feel is in the servo itself.

Lenny
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:09 PM
Sure it'll work
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,270 Posts
Wow! That is pretty slick. Really nice!
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme