869 Posts
Discussion
foam pitcheron or TWF kit?

Hi,
I have convertedd two foam throwies into pitcherons in the past,
- 60cm mini discus http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1532937
- 80cm arcus airy http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1573296

Difference between pitcheron and TWF?
to my understanding, both rotate the entire wing halves for control surfaces, but TWFs do have additional control surface at tail?

Now I would like to get something a little bigger. As I am not a good pilot with these things, I would like to stick with foam for the time being. So I was wondering if there are any kits available for foam pitcherons or TWFs?

Thanks, Hamburger
hamburger is offline Find More Posts by hamburger
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2012, 04:39 PM
Ninja Master
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2007
1,771 Posts
TWF's, or Twisty Wing Fliers, encompass both Pitcheron and Wingeron planes. Pitcheron use wings for roll and elevator control, while wingeron planes only use the wings for roll and have a separate elevator. As far as foamy kits, search for the Volara 2 here on the slope forum.
BigSwede is offline Find More Posts by BigSwede
Old Mar 18, 2012, 01:59 AM
Slopeaholic
Roseville, California, United States
Joined Mar 2001
3,098 Posts
TWF.... Twisty Wing Fetish! I suppose it depends on your degree of infatuation though

-hutch
Hutch is offline Find More Posts by Hutch
Old Mar 18, 2012, 08:05 AM
scratch build everything
South Africa, KwaZulu-Natal, Botha's Hill
Joined Aug 2009
1,219 Posts
Check out Ward's Volara 2 http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1543167
DudleyLeRoux is offline Find More Posts by DudleyLeRoux
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:30 AM
Hamburger
Joined Jan 2010
869 Posts
So it seems this boils down to the volara2? I have been following the volara2 buuild thread for quite some time.
I will need some more air time before I feel I am ready for such a real plane.
Thanks
hamburger is offline Find More Posts by hamburger
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:28 AM
Feeling FrSky
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
20,091 Posts
The Volara flies really nice. I've seen a couple and they are beautiful. I am not a wing/pitch-eron expert by any means, never owned one, but have been fortunate to be friends with Target and Droydx, both of whom have (and have had) some pretty sweet machines. So, relative to a number of other similar machines, the Volara is a nice performer, convenient size, and durable. Unless you were planning to scratchbuild, I think it would be a good choice.

Steve
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp