SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:31 AM
Joined Mar 2009
368 Posts
The dumas waco biplane is a great kit, and it flies like a trainer.
djacobox372 is offline Find More Posts by djacobox372
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2012, 01:55 AM
Semper Fly
United States, ID, Meridian
Joined Oct 2004
133 Posts
Bill Stevens produces some of the finest building and flying models out there. If you have some aileron experience the Stevens RV-4 is a great low wing aileron trainer. Super light and stable and mildly aerobatic, all around a fine airplane.

The SHAFT series are great intermediate aerobatic trainers, not as stable as the RV-4 due to lack of dihedral.

The G-400 Stella and G-480 Regroove are my personal favorites. On low rates and forward CG they are great pattern planes. Move the CG back max out the throws on high rates and they are pretty much limited by your skills.

Guillows kits are for the true masochists among us. They usually have poorly die crushed parts, and balsa so heavy and dense I doubt it would float!

If you are interested in building and building techniques stop by the scale forum. There are some of the best artists of model building there and they are ready and willing to offer tons of tips and tricks. Also in the scale forum there is a sticky of Guillows conversions.

Cheers, Scott
Marineair is offline Find More Posts by Marineair