HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2012, 05:46 AM
Joined Mar 2012
3 Posts
Help!
750mm p-47 & skyfly engine mods?!

iv been flying these planes for weeks now and need some speed and have nothing but the urge to mount some new motors in these planes!
i want to skyfly to blaze threw the sky! and the p-47 to climb straight up! iv been looking all over heads up rc and hobby king

thinking of going with some power up 400 or 450 models or even some turnigy motors

ULTIMATE question

what kv rating should i go for on the skyfly with what prop an the same applies to the small warbird?

do i go high kv on the warbird small prop
and opposite on the skyfly
Laflammablanca is offline Find More Posts by Laflammablanca
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:53 AM
Joined Mar 2012
3 Posts
bump?! no help. such a nice forum
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:11 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2012
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laflammablanca View Post
iv been flying these planes for weeks now and need some speed and have nothing but the urge to mount some new motors in these planes!
i want to skyfly to blaze threw the sky! and the p-47 to climb straight up! iv been looking all over heads up rc and hobby king

thinking of going with some power up 400 or 450 models or even some turnigy motors

ULTIMATE question

what kv rating should i go for on the skyfly with what prop an the same applies to the small warbird?

do i go high kv on the warbird small prop
and opposite on the skyfly
OK, if you want the P-47 to go straight up get one of these;

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00KV_438W.html

Run a 30 amp ESC, and an 8X6 APC prop. It will probably be faster than you can handle on 3S but if it's speed you want it's speed you get. You will want a 2100 or 2200 3S 30C or better battery also.

This one will haul with a 7X6 prop; http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ess_Motor.html

Use this for the Sky Fly, 25 to 30 Amp ESC, and APC 6X4 prop if it will fit.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...208_2150_.html

Good luck and have fun.
buracho topspin is offline Find More Posts by buracho topspin
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 18, 2012, 01:44 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3 Posts
seems like a good choice of motors but i bet if u put the floater jet on the p47 and the other motor on the sky fly theyd both zoom. the floater jet seems kinda under powered for the sky fly. iv flown this think at least 30 times now an not one thing has changed to the stock set up besides a little extra glue to keep the landing gear!