HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:13 AM
Closed Account
Joined Jan 2012
328 Posts
Careful!
hobbyking worst customer service ever

Be warned before you buy off hobbyking!!! i ordered bunch of lipos off them paid by paypal over 12wks ago and they still haven't arrived in post so i contacted them and asked whats happened and they say sorry we haven't sent them yet something must of happend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i said okay well what about sending something extra with the lipos for there mistake and making me wait over 12wks THEY SIMPLY SAID NO !!! so i asked for a full refund into my paypal account and they still havent done that and its been nearly a week!!! I WILL NEVER EVER BUY FROM HOBBYKING AGAIN WORST RUDEST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER
Ryhza is offline Find More Posts by Ryhza
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:16 AM
Closed Account
Joined Jan 2012
328 Posts
surprise surprise i cant get back on hobbyking customer service live chat
its like they have blocked my ip address im so angry right now arrrrhhhhhh they have like stolen my money
Ryhza is offline Find More Posts by Ryhza
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:36 AM
BillyG master daehrekcep
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,906 Posts
LOL 3 minutes between posts. So how long did you try to get on live chat?

Dude you have cross posted this here and in vendors where it belongs.

Cheers. Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Mar 17, 2012, 09:10 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,789 Posts
it took almost 25 minutes when I tried to get on live chat today but they finally connected. They don't have the best customer service but you have to file a claim on paypal before the time limit expires so you are protected. You waited too long. I agree, they should make good. Try to stay on live chat longer, they might help you out, I hope they will.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Mar 17, 2012, 09:39 PM
BillyG master daehrekcep
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,906 Posts
Yeah live chat can be within minutes or 20 minutes or so, depends on the time of day and how busy they are I guess.

What does the tracking say for the order?

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:34 AM
Site Moderator
Joined Oct 2011
133 Posts
I moved some posts from this thread here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1615550
because this thread was cross-posted and only one thread is necessary.

Happy posting!
-KrisM
KrisM is offline Find More Posts by KrisM
Administrator
Old Mar 18, 2012, 09:52 AM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,396 Posts
Never order anything out of stock, it will take forever
if you use the cheapest mail, it will take at least 3 weeks, they seem to be slowing down
customer service in China is poor, I don't count on any real support
Order lipos from the US site, it will be much faster

Good luck, in over three years of buying from HK I have never lost anything, sometimes it takes awhile, I just wait. I have never been shorted, never lost an order. HK is not for people like my wife, she can't wait for anything. If you don't like waiting, order locally.

good luck, you should actually move this to the vendor site. We see this HK post at least once a month, it's always the same.
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Mar 18, 2012, 01:01 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,329 Posts
I would file a complaint on PayPal first. PayPal allows more time for overseas orders. HK is a very secretive organization in Hong Kong. They don't use Hong Kong post to ship but in fact use SwissPost. So that the order must go from Hong Kong to Switzerland first before being re-shipped.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Mar 18, 2012, 01:08 PM
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2010
1,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I would file a complaint on PayPal first. PayPal allows more time for overseas orders. HK is a very secretive organization in Hong Kong. They don't use Hong Kong post to ship but in fact use SwissPost. So that the order must go from Hong Kong to Switzerland first before being re-shipped.
I've had 40 orders with Hobbyking. 38 were shipped via Hong Kong Post. Only 2 went through Swiss Post. I'm pretty sure those were orders with lipo batteries.
monkeyhanger is offline Find More Posts by monkeyhanger
Old Mar 18, 2012, 01:23 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Dec 2009
20 Posts
I had a really bad run in with them, of course will never order from them again.

Placed two orders(one from a US warehouse and one from Hong Kong).

The US one shipped out and arrived(according to tracking) and was returned for incorrect address. I ran to my email and checked the receipt... correct address there, so who knows. Took them about a week after it was back at the warehouse to get an email saying i have the amount minus shipping cost in store credit. I responded asking to just be refunded the full amount to my PayPal. He said he would refund the full amount minus shipping, so I put in a complaint with PayPal and we can deal with it that way(I'm not paying for shipping when I gave the correct address, that's a terrible business strategy).

The Hong Kong package tracking says it shipped and is in the states, but the tracking has been sitting in one spot for a couple weeks now. If they did get the right address on that package I will most likely return it.

I went and purchased the stuff I needed from another company and received it all within 5 days.

It's just annoying to have about $100 held up for nothing.
TangoPIC is offline Find More Posts by TangoPIC
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:49 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
I moved some posts from this thread here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1615550
because this thread was cross-posted and only one thread is necessary.

Happy posting!
-KrisM
so you move it to the Bit Bucket?
isn't this a vendor problem?
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:31 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
I have nearly 40 orders thru Hk..All came thru just fine. Some took 6 weeks. Most of this was for boats before I got into helis. I'm loving the new USA warehouse. Batteries in 4 days is great . But its a numbers game. Like in any biz. Almost impossible to keep a 100% A+ track record. However in your case, they should have given you a refund on the spot seeing how they had not even shipped out yet. Stay away from bananna hobby. I hear their even worse.
LiQuid*Xion is offline Find More Posts by LiQuid*Xion
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:08 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
I try NOT to order from HK anymore (and I havent for a LONG time). Never had any problems, but shipping is getting crazy high in price so I try to use USA based operations.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn