HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by bigtimehobby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:58 PM
United States, CA, Berkeley
Joined Mar 2012
11 Posts
Discussion
Need Parts

I am a beginner hobbyist and I want to start with a 3 or 4 channel airplane. I have tried with parts I found off of old helicopter but none of them work. I really want to get anything off the ground and I also need the parts to do it. Any advice you could give me or free parts would be of a great help. Please I really want to get something off of the ground and I am willing to put in a lot of time in order to do it. Anything you tell me or give me would be great. Thanks.
bigtimehobby is offline Find More Posts by bigtimehobby
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2012, 08:54 PM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,898 Posts
Welcome to the insanity.

With all of the marvelous ready-to-fly electrics out there today, it's almost counterproductive to simply try and cobble something together out of mismatched used parts.

For instance, you can get into a three-channel ParkZone Super Cub for 170 bucks:

http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdId=HBZ7100

I helped teach a friend of mine how to fly on one of these. Parts are plentiful and inexpensive...and Horizon Hobby's customer service is almost literally second to none in all of American industry.

On top of it all, it's a ball to fly.

For 200 bucks, a version with a standard 2.4GHz radio is an even better choice:

http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=HBZ7400

Just make sure you get some help from an experienced R/C pilot if you've never flown anything before. Good luck and feel free to ask questions. You'll find ABUNDANT help on these boards.
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Call it a "review preview."
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:01 PM
United States, CA, Berkeley
Joined Mar 2012
11 Posts
Thanks

Thanks, I have looked on hobby zone and found out about the champ. I have just ordered it and hope to have some fun! Thanks for the reply.
bigtimehobby is offline Find More Posts by bigtimehobby