HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by pepper12, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 04:49 PM
Joined Feb 2008
65 Posts
Discussion
This is how it started!

The start of my addiction to this crazy hobby. CX2 and V4, among others...
heavily modded by my friend in Tennessee! They will handle 5 mph easily and I have flown at about 8 without trouble...except for the time I had to climb a few fences to retrieve one from my neighbours yard...lol
pepper12 is offline Find More Posts by pepper12
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2012, 09:33 PM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,869 Posts
So when are you going to break down and go CCPM?

I reviewed the Extreme-Flyers X-350 over at Ezonemag.com (it's still on the current issue) and I think you'd like a high-performance coax like that one. But...as much as I like the X-350, it's a far different animal than a CCPM machine. Flying that heli is more like flying an airplane and the fixed pitch blades mean that giving it throttle is going to make it more likely to climb than accelerate.

However, once you get the hang of CCPM, you might never go back.
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Call it a "review preview."
Old Mar 17, 2012, 01:26 AM
Joined Feb 2008
65 Posts
No way..

I didn't say I was a good flier..: just not into learning 3d...but really enjoy having something to fly during 'weather' and when I cant get to the field....Switched to planes...and am justing learning this part of the rc...
The only thing I am sure of is that this hobby is ADDICTIVE!!! and I'm too old to spread my learning time too thin...One of the instructors said it right: You're doing too much buying and not enough flying...
pepper12 is offline Find More Posts by pepper12