SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:11 PM
United Kingdom, England, Cambs
Joined Jun 2009
101 Posts
Discussion
Strange one for you

I just setup my osd pro with guardian, gps v4, & logger v4.

I was getting a random buzz though the audio channel (added resistors to no effect - tried 3k, 6k, 8k & 10k) & was worse when unmuted external audio.

I did some rewiring to simplify my loom, I found a way to get rid of some diagonal lines on the video I was having, & then I made a discovery regarding the buzz.

It seemed to be related to the amount of text on screen at any one time, the more text the more buzz I got, so I was messing around with the display settings & found that if I turned the black display option all the way to white (7) the buzz goes.

Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening?

Thanks.
flyn is offline Find More Posts by flyn
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2012, 04:57 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi flyn,

I think that if you reduce the "white level" setting and increase the "black level" setting in the OSD, the problem will go away or be greatly reduced.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:01 PM
United Kingdom, England, Cambs
Joined Jun 2009
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Hi flyn,

I think that if you reduce the "white level" setting and increase the "black level" setting in the OSD, the problem will go away or be greatly reduced.
Cool, I'll give it a try & see how it goes. Thanks for the tip.
flyn is offline Find More Posts by flyn