SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by FlyinPhilsPhotos, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 09:35 AM
Joined Mar 2012
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Sold
JP Models Javelin II High Performance Competition R/C Sailplane Kit - 134" Wingspan

JP Model's Javelin II High Performance Competition R/C Sailplane Kit

See Pictures/Pricing in my ebay listing HERE (ending Mar 22, 201217:38:54 PDT)

Highlighted in RC Modeler Magazine in December 1974 as stated on the box

All parts inside are packed as they were from the factory (undisturbed)

Completely Finished Fuselage of Rugged Plywood

Fuselage Spray Painted with Epoxy Paint

You are bidding on JP Model's Javelin II Sailplane Kit with the following specs:

Wingspan - 134"; Wing Area - 1,005 sq. in.; Wing Loading - 7.2 oz/sq-ft

On the box it states that the Rolled Plywood Fuselage is extremely strong and durable and, in fact, is stronger than any other construction technique that we have seen for R/C aircraft fuselages. The JAVELIN wing panels are locked to a center block which is pinned and rubber banded internally for a sleek wing mount which will pop-off if the sailplane ground loops. The rolled plywood fuselage with the fiberglass nose cone is tough, straight, and factory pre-painted with white epoxy with a mirror-like finish. The fuselage requires no additional finishing.

Easy to Build - Easy to Fly
Ideal for Novice or Experienced Flyer

---------------------------------------

Cost of Shipping & Handling is a FLAT $25 and I will only ship to the Continental USA

Payment via PayPal due within 3 days of auction close

-----------------------------------------------
Thanks for Looking !!!

FlyinPhilsPhotos is offline Find More Posts by FlyinPhilsPhotos
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:13 AM
United States, AZ, Buckeye
Joined Mar 2010
649 Posts
Trader Rating: 16
Wow box looks like its been submerged in water. Sure its a real piece of work witgh all that water damage.
J. Wydronek is offline Find More Posts by J. Wydronek
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:44 PM
Angleton, Texas
Joined Mar 2007
304 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Stains don't always mean Damage!

I wouldn't be too worried about a stain on an old kit box! It's what's inside that counts.

A stain on the outside of a cardboard box from the 1970's isn't proof of "water damage"!

I have 30 kits dry stored from the 1980's, no water damage ever, and a few of the kit boxes show bleed through from the corragated cardboard glue. I live on the Texas coast, 15 miles inland and the natural humidity is 90% most of the time.

This bleed through is just what happens with an old cardboard box, it's especially true of cardboard kit boxes that have the last, outer layer made of white cardboard, and the under/inner layers made of the coarse brown paper.

You can't tell a thing about a kit by looking at the box!

I make this statement on my own, as an honest point of fact, about the boxed kits I have.

I do not have any knowledge of this kit, or it's owner.

Some of you might not know what time does to a 40 year old cardboard box.
TexasThermalKing is offline Find More Posts by TexasThermalKing
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:09 PM
Joined Mar 2012
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdkiller View Post
Wow box looks like its been submerged in water. Sure its a real piece of work witgh all that water damage.
Sure it looks bad, but it's whats inside that counts as Texas Thermalking has pointed out. Just look at my pictures and you will see there is NOTHING wrong with this kit.
FlyinPhilsPhotos is offline Find More Posts by FlyinPhilsPhotos
Old Mar 17, 2012, 01:34 AM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Jun 2001
1,074 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
These are excellent (and quite uncommon) designs. Good luck!

John
John Cole is offline Find More Posts by John Cole
Old Mar 18, 2012, 01:42 PM
R/C Addict for Life!!
Sterling/Rock Falls, Illinois, United States
Joined Oct 2001
558 Posts
Trader Rating: 55
Wow, wish I were in a better place to get this right now...I built and flew one YEARS ago in contests......nice flyer, but it does not come with spoilers. I added some, and it helped in the contest landings.

Good luck with the sale.

D
Darryl Miller is offline Find More Posts by Darryl Miller
Closed Thread