SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by BladeScraper, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 08:34 AM
Gaui X3, Nano CPX (two)
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
3,139 Posts
FAQ
My own series of Q & A for RC Ultra Micro Planes

Q: What is the difference between the AR6400 and the AR6400L?
A: The AR6400L has longer servo travel, which makes for bigger control throws possible.

Q: Why do some Ultra Micro Planes use brushed motors with a gearbox instead of a really small brushless motor?
A: Many reasons, actually: Cheaper, Lighter, Easier to maintain

Q: Why do Ultra Micro Planes have to be so light?
A: With the tiny brushed motor, there is not a lot of thrust. So, every gram the plane weighs it does several things: the plane must fly faster due to higher wing loading, and it won't have as much vertical power. Also, it puts more load on the battery, motor, and the built in ESC.

Q: Why do ultra micro planes have such small servos?
A: Look at the question above.

Q: Coming soon
A:

A:

A:

A:

A:
BladeScraper is offline Find More Posts by BladeScraper