SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by racerxky, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 06:42 PM
Watts is where its at!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2004
1,748 Posts
Discussion
First Fruits from Cutter Research

My research into vinyl cutters has its first tangible results. I really like the Silhouette Cameo. It's only 12" wide but it is the cheapest cutter I was looking into and its performance with our materials and ease of use are great. I would like to find a wider cutter that has similar cost and performance. I may get to evaluate one of the chinese cutters from USCutter.

Evaluating these machines is expensive and time consuming. If something is not going well it can take a lot of messing around to decide if the problem is your setup, the machine or the software. Many test cuts have to be made changing just one variable at a time. I'm not keen on wasting my time like that too often.
racerxky is offline Find More Posts by racerxky
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:02 AM
Always Ready!
Chicago, IL
Joined Dec 2006
5,186 Posts
Your inbox is full so I can't reply via PM.

Regarding my Grumman Goose:

I just use Adobe Illustrator and carefully measure everything in 2D. The CL415 should be pretty easy because it's a flat-sided fuselage and flat-bottom wing.
warhead_71 is online now Find More Posts by warhead_71
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:01 AM
Watts is where its at!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2004
1,748 Posts
Got it. Thanks!
racerxky is offline Find More Posts by racerxky
RCG Plus Member