SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 15, 2012, 04:46 PM
scotland uk
Joined Jan 2005
1,443 Posts
Discussion
dji naza and spektrum dx7 set up

I just bought a dji naza 450 from a fellow member on Rc groups.
I have looked through the threads and cant seem to find any set up instructions for my RX.
I am new to quads and I will be using a orange dsm2 rx.

I have download the Naza assistant and the driver. I think I understand how to set the end points etc on my Dx7 so i can switch between att mode and man. I will be using the gear switch for this

How do I set up failsafe? I want to use my Aux 2 switch.

I am going to be using acro mode on my Dx7.

Also do i need to arm the quad before I take off? How do i know if I am in att or man mode?

Much apprieciated for any advice.
wishawhunk is offline Find More Posts by wishawhunk
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2012, 04:58 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Few notes:
Download the Naza owners manual before flying... learn it. I have read mine 4-5 times now. Memorize the LED lights and what they mean. The LED's tell the story about flying modes.

TEST everything on the ground with no props!

I am still unsure about the exact functionality regarding failsafes but from what I understand your RX needs to support failsafes. Look into that info while waiting for more seasoned vets to chime in.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:27 PM
scotland uk
Joined Jan 2005
1,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
Few notes:
Download the Naza owners manual before flying... learn it. I have read mine 4-5 times now. Memorize the LED lights and what they mean. The LED's tell the story about flying modes.

TEST everything on the ground with no props!

I am still unsure about the exact functionality regarding failsafes but from what I understand your RX needs to support failsafes. Look into that info while waiting for more seasoned vets to chime in.
Thanks buddy
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:43 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,759 Posts
Note that there have been some folks that have had issues with the Orange Rx. Fly aways, etc. Be very careful how you program failsafe into the Rx. +1 on RTFM. It really does help and will keep you our of trouble and flying longer and safer.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Mar 15, 2012, 07:13 PM
scotland uk
Joined Jan 2005
1,443 Posts
I'm trying to read the manual but it's like double Dutch lol
Old Mar 15, 2012, 09:47 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishawhunk View Post
I'm trying to read the manual but it's like double Dutch lol
That is why it takes multiple readings to make sense of it. I keep a copy of all the DJI manuals on the desktop of my Mac. I find that I have to reference them often.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Mar 16, 2012, 04:47 AM
scotland uk
Joined Jan 2005
1,443 Posts
The part I dont get is how to you actually set the throttle at about 15%-20% for the failsafe so the when the switch is flicked the quad goes in to failsafe and lands. I get most of the rest of it.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 05:32 AM
usual old know-it-all
Blackpool,U.K.
Joined May 2005
1,315 Posts
Andy,if Naza failsafe is set using a switch the quad will automatically adjust throttle and gently land.In Naza failsafe mode you have zero control of throttle unless you click it back to Atti or manual.It will self level as it comes down but will drift a bit in any breeze.
brodjack is offline Find More Posts by brodjack
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:42 AM
scotland uk
Joined Jan 2005
1,443 Posts
I thought you had to tell the failsafe what % of throttle to land at?
Old Mar 16, 2012, 08:43 AM
usual old know-it-all
Blackpool,U.K.
Joined May 2005
1,315 Posts
nah,Naza failsafe takes over throttle otherwise how would it land by itself..
brodjack is offline Find More Posts by brodjack
Old Mar 16, 2012, 08:54 AM
scotland uk
Joined Jan 2005
1,443 Posts
Ye but I thought you you had to set the throttle. Thanks for that matey ;-)
Old Mar 16, 2012, 09:35 AM
Joined Oct 2006
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodjack View Post
nah,Naza failsafe takes over throttle otherwise how would it land by itself..
theres no option to adjust the naza failsafe... so once you set naza to be on failsafe in case of lost com with the tx and rx or when you intentionally switch on the failsafe naza will handle the landing? thanks...
fayrwerks is offline Find More Posts by fayrwerks
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:00 PM
scotland uk
Joined Jan 2005
1,443 Posts
I am just wondering if the failsafe works with a spektrum rx. Be interested to know.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:29 PM
MaineFlyer
Augusta, Me
Joined Feb 2005
940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishawhunk View Post
I am just wondering if the failsafe works with a spektrum rx. Be interested to know.
It depends on what Spektrum receiver you are using. AR500, AR600, AR61xx, AR62xx, NO. You need one that supports Pre-Set Failsafe. I am using AR7000 in mine and it does support Pre-Set Failsafe. AR9000 series (JR921) works as does AR8000.

You set the Pre-Set Failsafe during Bind by removing the bind plug AFTER applying power to the receiver. It will continue to remain in the bind mode. That way, you can set other than just the throttle to a preset value. To make the NAZA failsafe function, you need to preset the channel you are using to control Attitude/Manual so it highlights the Failsafe mode. Once you get this condition set in the receiver, when it loses communication with the transmitter, it will set the throttle channel to the 10% recommended value (or whatever you set during bind) and set the channel used for Attitude/Manual switch to a value that moves the Naza slider to failsafe position, not Attitude or Manual.

HTH
Joe
jpgilbert is offline Find More Posts by jpgilbert
Old Mar 16, 2012, 05:25 PM
scotland uk
Joined Jan 2005
1,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgilbert View Post
It depends on what Spektrum receiver you are using. AR500, AR600, AR61xx, AR62xx, NO. You need one that supports Pre-Set Failsafe. I am using AR7000 in mine and it does support Pre-Set Failsafe. AR9000 series (JR921) works as does AR8000.

You set the Pre-Set Failsafe during Bind by removing the bind plug AFTER applying power to the receiver. It will continue to remain in the bind mode. That way, you can set other than just the throttle to a preset value. To make the NAZA failsafe function, you need to preset the channel you are using to control Attitude/Manual so it highlights the Failsafe mode. Once you get this condition set in the receiver, when it loses communication with the transmitter, it will set the throttle channel to the 10% recommended value (or whatever you set during bind) and set the channel used for Attitude/Manual switch to a value that moves the Naza slider to failsafe position, not Attitude or Manual.

HTH
Joe

I am using an orange dsm2 so i guess no. Damn. Need to get a new RX or do without. Cant you set the fail safe through the naza contoller then?
Last edited by wishawhunk; Mar 16, 2012 at 05:31 PM.