Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 15, 2012, 02:26 PM
North Yorkshire UK, on a big hill facing the prevailing wind. Coincidence?
Joined Oct 2007
914 Posts
Help!
FPV in North Yorkshire today?

A long shot I know but anyone on here flying an FPV wing near Sutton Bank in North Yorkshire today?

At lunchtime I saw a Zagi-type electric-powered flying wing buzz over from one horizon to another with no sign of a pilot so I guess it must have been FPV.

The scenery round here is great and I'd been planning to FPV it for several years and now someone's beaten me to it! Would love to see the footage.

Rog
Sutton Bank is offline Find More Posts by Sutton Bank
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:17 PM
Project Tormentor is flying!
United States, WA, White Salmon
Joined Nov 2005
1,976 Posts
OR it could have been a runaway wing! And some horrified LOS'er was really wishing he had been a FPV'er! LOL
philthyy is offline Find More Posts by philthyy
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:30 PM
North Yorkshire UK, on a big hill facing the prevailing wind. Coincidence?
Joined Oct 2007
914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by philthyy View Post
OR it could have been a runaway wing! And some horrified LOS'er was really wishing he had been a FPV'er! LOL
That was my first thought too.

But then it did seem to be flying with some kind of definite purpose, and I'd have expected it to crash within 60 seconds if it was AWOL.

Funny thing was, the motor was pulsing on and off every 5-10 seconds so it made that tell-tale metallic "ping" every time the motor stopped. This was what made me look up. I'd previously just assumed it was someone chainsawing trees in the distance.

Rog
Sutton Bank is offline Find More Posts by Sutton Bank