HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:17 PM
Moderately Dangerous
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Apr 2011
1,050 Posts
Discussion
HobbyWireless.com Customer Service?

Has anyone else had problems with HobbyWireless?

My "Plug and Play" FPV setup was sent with a bad camera (Fat Shark CCD Killer w/ pan/tilt pod). Voltage switch was set to 5v, wiring is correct (it's done by them in this kit, so it better be.), and everything else worked fine. I was able to hear audio through the mic on the transmitter board, so I know the Video Tx/Rx was working. I grabbed a camera from a friend and hooked that up, and it works just fine.

So I started a trouble ticket with HobbyWireless 4 days ago. They did not respond until Monday which is understandable considering I sent in the request on a Saturday. They wanted me to take a picture of everything before they would help me. The same day I explained this wasn't possible due to the fact I had already wired up a different camera to get the system working. It took them another 2 days to respond to that and they just insisted I take a picture.

It just seems odd that a company with a stated "Customer Satisfaction Guarantee" is making me jump through hoops to switch out a bad unit. Just RMA the thing...I've had better support through NitroPlanes which is notoriously mediocre.

Is there some other company I should be dealing with in the future? I've heard great things about ReadyMadeRC.com, but went with HobbyWireless because they were cheaper. Maybe there's a reason for that, eh?
TwoHeadsBrewing is online now Find More Posts by TwoHeadsBrewing
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UHF / 1.3ghz Relay Stations
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:39 AM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
as far as vendors go, a picture really isn't to bad. Goodluckbuy sends you a bag with bolts in it, hoping some of them fit. etc.etc.etc.

readymade is really really good.

i personally haven't had a problem with hobbywireless, i'd just give'em the picture
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Mar 15, 2012, 02:16 AM
Moderately Dangerous
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Apr 2011
1,050 Posts
Yeah, I'd rather not cut apart my working FPV system, and re-wire up the bad camera, just to take pictures. Not sure what they could tell from that either...
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:25 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,832 Posts
ReadymadeRC are great, EagleTree systems are even better.
Teamsherman is online now Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Mar 15, 2012, 02:31 PM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,352 Posts
Hobby Wireless is one of the bigger vendors. I think they have 2 or 3 full time people just answering Emails and they are still behind due to the sheer volume. Just send them the photo. They need to be certain everything they tell you/send you is correct, that's all.

I'm sure they'll take care of it. Maybe not in 2 hours, but certainly within a week.

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 15, 2012, 06:48 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,832 Posts
Yeah broseph, put it back together and just send the photo mate!
Teamsherman is online now Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Mar 15, 2012, 06:51 PM
Moderately Dangerous
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Apr 2011
1,050 Posts
What a hassle. It's not like this is rocket science, there's only 3 wires in question. Whatever, guess I have to jump through hoops if I want them to give me a new camera or refund (hopefully).
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 09, 2012, 10:12 AM
DS state of origin NSW Vs QLD
Joined Jul 2009
1,371 Posts
I have had nothing but a great experience with Hobby Wireless,
Done quite a few orders now, I had to send a faulty Lawmate product back and they promptly replaced it after checking it out.

I can highly recommend them to anyone.
I will be happy to purchase all my gear from them in the future too.

Well done Hobby Wireless!!! Your support has exceeded my expectations.

Regards

Peter
Forrest12 is offline Find More Posts by Forrest12
Old Jun 09, 2012, 04:04 PM
Joined Jun 2006
149 Posts
yeah, hobbywireless has been on point for me too. i get my stuff shipped to me in middle east, stuff comes promptly, and i just keep on ordering from, as much as i can. due to bad planning, if i place like two orders w/i 2-3 days, theyll credit me back the shipping from one order, and throw everything in one box. email response great too.
delcut03 is offline Find More Posts by delcut03
Old Jun 09, 2012, 04:26 PM
España, Comunidad de Madrid, San Sebastián de los Reyes
Joined Dec 2009
257 Posts
I am disappointed about hobbywireles and their customer service too.

Regards
Roberto Montiel
Madrid - Spain
R. Montiel is offline Find More Posts by R. Montiel