Joined Nov 2007
105 Posts
Discussion
Give Autism the Boot at RCGroups.com ETOC

Name: aboot.jpg
Views: 9856
Size: 10.0 KB
Description:

Each year during the Weak Signals Expo and the RC Groups ETOC we have a special raffle to benefit a children’s and adult organization in the area to help their cause to help find a cure.

This year our focus is on the fight against autism with our “Give Autism the Boot” campaign. We will have a special raffle to help benefit the fight against autism and help the Great Lakes Collaborative for Autism.

You can purchase your raffle tickets at the Toledo Weak Signals show at the TnT Landing Gear booth in isle “A” or at Central Catholic High School where the ETOC is held.

Many vendors have donated great items and a good chance for you to win. The kids win by your donation to a great cause to “Give Autisum the Boot”. So stop by and get you tickets for a great cause. It’s a win, win for everybody.

Here are just a few of the wonderful people donating to the raffle

Desert Aircraft
Aeroworks
Ohio SuperStar Tailwheels
GreatPlanes
Microfasteners
Futaba
Hobbico
Byron Originals
TUFFLIGHT
JTEC RADIOWAVE
Horizon
Innov8tive Designs, Inc
Hacker/aero-Models INC
Lazertoyz
PLane Addicts
gearman is offline Find More Posts by gearman
Last edited by gearman; Mar 29, 2012 at 01:38 PM. Reason: added more links
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2012, 09:58 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,403 Posts
A great cause! My son has Asperger Syndrome so this is near and dear to my heart. Thanks for all the good work you do Tom!
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:32 AM
USA, NY, Albany
Joined Jan 2006
155 Posts
I got into this hobby because of my autistic son. We were always looking for something to do, and one day we saw an advertisement for a local Fun Fly which got us hooked. 7 years later, we've gotten a great bunch of friends from attending local events in our area, and last year took the plunge and camped out overnight at NEAT. (Froze our A$$ off, but had a GREAT time)

The more support these guys have, the better they do in life, so thanks for supporting this cause.
sawatt is online now Find More Posts by sawatt
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:56 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2 Posts
Great cause Gearman!
My eldest son is autistic too. I fundraise for the National Autistic Society here in the U.K.
Best of luck with your raffle.
Kamco Kid is offline Find More Posts by Kamco Kid
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:26 PM
United States, NC, Goldsboro
Joined Mar 2011
393 Posts
A link or anything so those of us who can't come by can still participate? My niece may have autisim at the "worst" aspergers at the "best". I've not been the best uncle, being separated by a pretty big ocean, but I'd like to participate monetarily if possible to benefit the cause. I don't care about prizes or raffles or anything I just want to give. Is there a method to do so via the web? Preferably a paypal account or similar.
MyPonyRocks is offline Find More Posts by MyPonyRocks
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:56 PM
ohio
Joined Nov 2007
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPonyRocks View Post
A link or anything so those of us who can't come by can still participate? My niece may have autisim at the "worst" aspergers at the "best". I've not been the best uncle, being separated by a pretty big ocean, but I'd like to participate monetarily if possible to benefit the cause. I don't care about prizes or raffles or anything I just want to give. Is there a method to do so via the web? Preferably a paypal account or similar.
I'll do some checking and see what we can do.
gearman is offline Find More Posts by gearman
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:48 PM
Adelaide Australia
Joined Aug 2009
179 Posts
Awesome cause guys!! On behalf of my 12 year old Autistic son, I say thankyou. Hope it's an extremely successful day.

Chrissy
Chrissy47 is online now Find More Posts by Chrissy47
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:59 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,638 Posts
Also near and dear to my heart. Awesome cause and awesome of you guys to take it up!
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:03 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
I know it might be a hassle, but a list of the items to be raffled off and a way to buy some tickets online may boost the sales. I'd be in for some, and would foot the bill for shipping too!
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:06 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,403 Posts
It's tricky selling raffle tickets online due to legal issues.
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:11 PM
Joined Nov 2007
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
I know it might be a hassle, but a list of the items to be raffled off and a way to buy some tickets online may boost the sales. I'd be in for some, and would foot the bill for shipping too!
Do to Ohio laws we can not sell tickets online sorry. They can only be purchased at the event or our booth at Toledo show.
Kathy Starkey
TnT Landing Gear Products
Co -Director
tntangel is offline Find More Posts by tntangel
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:18 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
okey dokey...I understand. Hope you guys get a nice response!
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:24 PM
Joined Nov 2007
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
okey dokey...I understand. Hope you guys get a nice response!
Thank you
tntangel is offline Find More Posts by tntangel
Old Mar 19, 2012, 03:10 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,638 Posts
Well Ohio needs to make an exception. Heinous!
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:17 PM
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
1,609 Posts
Perfect. I am a seventh grade science teacher with an Aspergers' son. We fly in the morning daily at school. I now have a few other autistic kids learning to fly and benefiting from socialization and beginning school with a little fun. I hope to make a decent flying club eventually from these kids.
Rickflaguy is offline Find More Posts by Rickflaguy