Old Mar 14, 2012, 04:03 PM
WBD
Carbon Fiber Geek
United States, TX, Irving
Joined Feb 2012
98 Posts
Question
Turnigy 9X (now ER9X) and nav lights not going off

I have a Turnigy 9x (ER9X) and have wired an E-Flite light controller LED system into my quad which works great except one small detail.
When the switch is on (THR) my lights are nice and bright. With the switch off the lights go dim, not off. Any idea on how to get them to go off when the switch is off?
I tried playing with the EPA but not sure what else to try.
WBD is offline Find More Posts by WBD
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2012, 09:23 PM
WBD
Carbon Fiber Geek
Joined Feb 2012
98 Posts
bump.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:01 AM
Germany, HB, Bremen
Joined Jun 2010
919 Posts
I don't think it's a probem with your RC control but rather with the LED controller. Give us details about it.
Zen09 is offline Find More Posts by Zen09
Old Mar 15, 2012, 08:04 AM
Dave the Rave
Joined Jun 2007
870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBD View Post
I have a Turnigy 9x (ER9X) and have wired an E-Flite light controller LED system into my quad which works great except one small detail.
When the switch is on (THR) my lights are nice and bright. With the switch off the lights go dim, not off. Any idea on how to get them to go off when the switch is off?
I tried playing with the EPA but not sure what else to try.
What channel do you have them plugged into? Are you using any mixes?

To dim an LED you have to pulse it rapidly, simply lowering the voltage won't make them dim the way a filament bulb does, so it sounds like it has something to do with the channel's characteristics. You mentioned the switch you're using as "(THR)", if you have it plugged into the throttle channel that might explain it. That's how the ESC slows a brushless motor, by pulsing it slower. Try connecting the lights to another channel, like the gear (5) channel.
dmccormick001 is offline Find More Posts by dmccormick001
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:22 AM
WBD
Carbon Fiber Geek
Joined Feb 2012
98 Posts
Its an eflite light controller. I have it on the thr switch. Pulsing low makes sense. Ill try moving it and see what happens. Thanks!