HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 14, 2012, 03:17 PM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,723 Posts
Discussion
my, 'fly right now' plane. twin 26 inch bipe

so ive been grounded for a long time, and my sanity is suffering. so yesterday i spent half a day building this bipe. it started out as a lastick, then turned into a twin engine biplane. first flight was bad. got in a few more but was plauged by props the flew off in flight. (on day i want to try flying on a single engine, but not today!)

so back to the shop. i had gear, but that was the first thing to go. i like belly landings more anyways. second thing i learned, the pull pull works, but not very well.
thrid, i need more up thrust. i was fighting the nose dive due to the top mounted props and minimal down up thrust.

so that is where i stand. eventually i am putting a camera on it and flying.

sorry about the crapy pics, its all i have at the moment. i will get some better some l8r.
nemoskull is offline Find More Posts by nemoskull
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2012, 05:00 PM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,723 Posts
better pics. off the the field again. after some mods, the AUW is 61 grams with a hyperion 240. i got a monster of a 350mah cell, not sure what it weights. i got a y cable for longer run times.
will try to get some video.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 05:53 PM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,723 Posts
it flew! but only at full throttle and full up elevator. can we say airspeed? wel, i had none. back to the shop. mounting the props on the lower wing (rather have up thrust!) and adding landing gear to avoid prop strikes.
a video will be up in 30 minutes.

EDIT: vid upload failed. crap. now i am back from the field again. it finaly flies right! well, almost. the starboard motor is much slower than the port. i am guessing vibrations are to blame. but i like the way it handles. it needs a little more dehidral and it will be my trainer. im aiming to have two of them built for combat. jugeing from the problems with the GC and landing gear, a single prop will do better. and i am also gonna try and make the rear end out of CF. 3mm celllfoam for the wings and i might go for balsa on the fuse, then cf for the back end and 1mm depron for the tail feathers.
later. right now i a, tired. blah.
yay. im making a combat trainer.
Last edited by nemoskull; Mar 15, 2012 at 12:17 AM.