HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Nobby33, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 02:31 PM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Mar 2012
37 Posts
Discussion
Frustrating Week!

I finally got to fly today after a very frustrating week of wind (to begin with) and then no wind (but my aircraft being 1400km away).

I spent Friday - Tuesday at my in-laws... and believe it or not, every day was absolutely perfect for flying but I unfortunately couldn't take my aircraft with me.

Yesterday, on returning home, the wind was blowing a gale, but I charged up my batteries last night and this morning there was a 2-3 km/h wind.

The Spitfire got up first, the first flight was strange, the plane was under powered, so i just did a few circuits and then landed. I then put in the next battery and immediately noticed a difference, so it seems that my new battery is not to happy.

During the second flight, my unfriendly hawk came for a dogfight, I chased him off but he came back and stayed for a minute or two. I also got a nice run on a Hadeda Ibis bird who innocently flew past (I imagined him to be an Heinkel He-111 and made appropriate machine gun sounds).

I then took the Cub up for a spin. I had fun with her, and even then took for another flight when snuck out of work during lunch With the cub it was mostly lots of practice approaches, some landings and a couple of touch-and-go's.

I have learnt from my mistake the last time, and I am making sure that I am carrying enough speed on the downwind leg of my circuits.

Happy Flying All!
Nobby33 is offline Find More Posts by Nobby33
to remove ads between posts