HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 07, 2012, 03:53 AM
Australia, VIC, San Remo
Joined May 2010
909 Posts
Bummer.
Everyone seems to have a raw deal at some stage no matter who the vendor is. QC seems to be an issue In a very random manner from Internet vendors, there are just no walk in hobby shops that sell this kind of stuff.
Good luck, I hope it's worth he wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miknce View Post
Glad yours works,looks like I will end up sending mine back. Ands waiting for another few weeks.
damoz is offline Find More Posts by damoz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2012, 04:42 AM
Yeah Baby
Joined Apr 2006
1,404 Posts
Mine works like a dream, really happy with it
Only thing is, I used the class 10 card from my gopro to test but bought a class 4 for the recorder, not used yet but will I see any significant changes in the video using a lower class card???
No biggie really as the card only cost like 6 quid so not overly bothered if its pants
bignose13 is offline Find More Posts by bignose13
Old Jun 07, 2012, 08:28 AM
Joined Jan 2012
249 Posts
Can someone post a pic of your AV in plug. When I plug mine in seems it dosent make connection. I may have wrong cord.
Mine looks like this. Is this what everyone else has.
mikenc is offline Find More Posts by mikenc
Last edited by mikenc; Jun 07, 2012 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Adding pic
Old Jun 07, 2012, 08:58 AM
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Jan 2010
1,011 Posts
quick report :

ordered 2 x of these 3 weeks ago. arrived in AUSI land after 9 days.

Both working flawlessly. very impressed for 119.00. does exactly what it says in th tin. used with class 10 card.
jetbootz is offline Find More Posts by jetbootz
Old Jun 07, 2012, 02:32 PM
Yeah Baby
Joined Apr 2006
1,404 Posts
Well a class 4 card seem fine for av in, heres a raw vid
77 meg for just over a minute, I'll let you do the maths
BevRC DVR Test (1 min 16 sec)
Old Jun 07, 2012, 02:49 PM
Latvija
Joined Nov 2010
106 Posts
Very good quality Probably the best recorder at this price.
janissav is offline Find More Posts by janissav
Old Jun 07, 2012, 05:23 PM
MyFlyDream
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2010
414 Posts
I received 2 of them yesterday. 1 for me and 1 for a friend of my.

I used to be using a AC Ryan Playon DVR, and this is replacing it..
The Quality of the Playon was excellent (for composite terms)
This recorder comes really close in quality.. Bitrate: Playon 10000kbps, Bevrc recorder 8000kbps
But hey!, it will never be HD, so for HD i use Gopro's and Horizon cams in my planes.

But even better then my Playon is, its is about 10x smaller! consumes way less mA!, has a screen.. and does the bluescreen protection with passthru flawlessly.

I think it really improved over time..

I can really recommend this recorder
erazotropa is offline Find More Posts by erazotropa
Old Jun 07, 2012, 08:37 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Apr 2011
127 Posts
No one is questioning the recorder here, it's BEVRC's handling of DOAs and other customer service issues is what bothers me... Still no attempt to make anything "right" by me and they are simply ignoring me. It has only been two months - may be next year? Laughable. Oh well, $150 lesson for me.
igorek82 is offline Find More Posts by igorek82
Old Jun 07, 2012, 11:20 PM
Joined Jan 2012
249 Posts
Going tomorrow morning to PO to Send mine back. Printed their address from their website in english and chinese on shipping label . So maybe all will go well. Curious to see how long it takes.
Up Date: SO MUCH FOR QC!!
Went to PO this morning, boy was I supprised. Cost $44.70 to ship package back to china. Had to ship express mail in order to have tracking # for package.I could have shipped 1st class for $18.00 bucks or so but no way of knowing if it gets their. So much for the savings.You loose big time if you get somthing from china and have to send it back. Scheduled delivery date to china 6/18.
Going to send bev email with tracking # today.
mikenc is offline Find More Posts by mikenc
Last edited by mikenc; Jun 08, 2012 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Up date
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:00 PM
Wallop!
Bussum, Netherlands
Joined Oct 2009
800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignose13 View Post
Well a class 4 card seem fine for av in, heres a raw vid
77 meg for just over a minute, I'll let you do the maths
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_mje...&feature=g-upl
Bignose13, thanks for posting this example. The quality is great, without doubt. But It seems not natural for me. I think the aspect ratio wrong; already in the static picture you see that objects are too tall (or too narrow). You'll see it better when looking at the car from the side (between 0:24 and 0:25). The wheels are not circles but ovals.

What input source did you use and what recorder settings? I think the trick is to use equal aspect ratios. So a PAL camera or other source with ratio 4:3 should use 640x480, not the other two formats.

Or could it be YouTube's fault?

Thanks,
Martin
Martin7182 is online now Find More Posts by Martin7182
Old Jun 09, 2012, 02:54 AM
Joined Apr 2011
127 Posts
Yeah, the aspect ratio definitely looks off ;( I've read somewhere that this issue was fixed with custom fpv-Japan firmware but you need to buy the DVR from them to enjoy it

however, when dealing with bevrc, once you figure out the chances of receiving defective product, cost of shipping it back, associated time frame and slim to none probability of getting another one back - fpv-Japan looks like a clear winner... Buy cheap = buy twice.
Old Jun 09, 2012, 06:22 AM
Wallop!
Bussum, Netherlands
Joined Oct 2009
800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorek82 View Post
Buy cheap = buy twice.
True, but if cheap means half the price for essentially the same product...
FPV-japan ships with EMS, will cause extra customs costs in my case. BEVRC ships with air parcel, not necessarily picked out by customs. I don't know FPV-japan shipping costs, but BEVRC ships for just $16.

Can't we agree with BEVRC that they pay the return shipping fee for a DOA recorder? IMO it is ridiculous that such an expensive product is not tested.

Martin
Martin7182 is online now Find More Posts by Martin7182
Old Jun 09, 2012, 01:44 PM
Joined Apr 2011
127 Posts
I dont think you can agree to anything with BEVRC as they are simply ignoring emails. At least that's what they are doing to me. as far as I can tell, their strategy of handling DOAs is to get people to ship them back 1st class so that PayPal won't be able to help because 1st class mail isn't traceable and then simply ignore you. Fantastic approach for them, for their customers (including me) - Not so much ;(
Old Jun 10, 2012, 04:10 PM
Yeah Baby
Joined Apr 2006
1,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin. View Post
Bignose13, thanks for posting this example. The quality is great, without doubt. But It seems not natural for me. I think the aspect ratio wrong; already in the static picture you see that objects are too tall (or too narrow). You'll see it better when looking at the car from the side (between 0:24 and 0:25). The wheels are not circles but ovals.

What input source did you use and what recorder settings? I think the trick is to use equal aspect ratios. So a PAL camera or other source with ratio 4:3 should use 640x480, not the other two formats.

Or could it be YouTube's fault?

Thanks,
Martin
I dunno mate
I just recorded from my SKY HD box
Heres another vid from my quad on the highest quality setting via the gopro av out
Bevrc DVR (7 min 31 sec)

And enjoy
Old Jun 10, 2012, 04:43 PM
Still flying a desk..
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
2,151 Posts
Freezing??

Hi all,
Mine works fine although my flying buddy says that his froze on him while recording.
I then did a flight, landed and switched of the VTX before stopping the DVR. Guess what? - it froze. All you can do is disconnect the battery ( and loose your recording.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Does anyone know if there is a firmware update for these?

Mitch.
ChilternFlyer is offline Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer