And there's always this to consider as well
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/sony-ccd-...itor-hdvr.html
bignose13 is offline Find More Posts by bignose13
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2012, 03:26 AM
Australia, TAS, Devonport
Joined May 2011
145 Posts
Looks like the battery that came with my DVR is dead, doesn't hold a charge at all. I don't like my chances of getting a replacement through bevrc going by others experiences here, I guess I'd be better off buying my own replacement of the type mentioned earlier in this thread.
Heliosphere is offline Find More Posts by Heliosphere
Old Jun 04, 2012, 07:44 AM
Joined Jan 2012
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miknce View Post
Just got mine in mail today. Charging battery at the moment. Dont have sd card yet so i can't try it out. Did turn it own while pluged to charger to see if it works. Beeps with warning no sd card.
Well got a sd card and tried to record some video. It didn't work just said no signal at first . Finally kept wiggling cable and got partical signal. So it must be either bad cable or bad AV in plug in recorder.
So I guess i will be sending Bevrc a email today.
mikenc is offline Find More Posts by mikenc
Old Jun 04, 2012, 09:01 AM
Joined Dec 2005
1,804 Posts
BEVRC contacted me today. They want me to weight the package so they can compare it with their records.

Response time is pretty good, I think I sent my first message about the issue Friday afternoon.
BushmanLA is offline Find More Posts by BushmanLA
Old Jun 04, 2012, 09:49 AM
Joined Apr 2011
30 Posts
I am regretting ordering this DVR now. So much bad feedback. Mine is in Vancouver and should arrive sometime this week. Hopefully things go fine.
bmilleker is offline Find More Posts by bmilleker
Old Jun 04, 2012, 11:31 AM
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Jul 2011
22 Posts
Here's some good, mine arrived waaaaay quicker than I thought it would, 7 days. Had it delivered to commercial address tho, don't know if that made any difference.
airwurthy is offline Find More Posts by airwurthy
Old Jun 06, 2012, 08:30 AM
Joined Dec 2005
1,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushmanLA View Post
I just got my package in yesterday...

And the video recorder is missing from the box! All the cables, the remote, the battery, all there. Just no recorder.

Ughhh... I'm not worried about BEVRC not making it right, but the delay in time is gonna hurt so bad.

No response from them yet, but it's been less than 24 hrs.

Seems the issue is resolved, or will be shortly. They asked me to weight the package, I did so and then I got this.

"Hi,
Sorry for the late reply, we will ship you another package today."

Not bad, only took an email or two and a few days some of which were over the weekend.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 08:37 AM
CA
Joined Dec 2003
486 Posts
I'm still waiting.....
opc orn:: popcorn:opco rn:
blindflight is offline Find More Posts by blindflight
Old Jun 06, 2012, 09:25 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Apr 2011
125 Posts
BushmanLA,

This clearly shows that they are answering some emails but are ignoring others.... The plot thickens....
igorek82 is offline Find More Posts by igorek82
Old Jun 06, 2012, 10:00 AM
Joined Apr 2011
30 Posts
Just received mine and it looks fine. Battery and DVR were both included . The quality of the DVR actually feels ok. For $119 I am impressed (so far).
Old Jun 06, 2012, 11:36 AM
Joined Dec 2005
1,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorek82 View Post
BushmanLA,

This clearly shows that they are answering some emails but are ignoring others.... The plot thickens....

Check your junk/spam mail. They are using bevrc at foxmail dot com as an address, maybe it is getting filtered?
Old Jun 06, 2012, 04:02 PM
Quads, 4 times the fun.
Australia, NSW, Brookvale
Joined Apr 2011
722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic001 View Post
Hey Eddie,

did you ever work out how to activate the 720x576? As others said theirs worked on that setting...

Cheers

Matt
Hi Matt,

No I didn't, but I didn't really try either. 640x480 is good enough for me. I think it would require a firmware update, or maybe a different camera?

Eddie
rogueqd is offline Find More Posts by rogueqd
Old Jun 06, 2012, 05:55 PM
Joined Apr 2011
30 Posts
Attached are a few photos I took after receiving the DVR.

You can find more here: http://quadcopter.me/bevrc-pv700-has-arrived/.

Feel free to ask questions about it. I will see if I can help out.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 07:58 PM
Australia, VIC, San Remo
Joined May 2010
882 Posts
Hi Guys,
Just tested mine and it worked flawlessly. It has a class 10 8gig card, but I also tested it with class 6 (much cheaper) and it was hard to tell the difference.
I wanted this to record my GPS Coordinates only as a bit of insurance and compared to the glitchy easy cap I was using I like it.
A 28 min flight used 1.37gig.
I also took my goggles off to check whether I would be able to fly with it if the goggle went bad and I found I was able to see and navigate well.

It did take about 12 days to get here EMS but I could see from the tracking that it was submitted to the PO the day after I ordered it and China Post left it there for 9 days so nothing to do with the vendor.
So Far So Good.
damoz is offline Find More Posts by damoz
Old Jun 06, 2012, 09:11 PM
Joined Jan 2012
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damoz View Post
Hi Guys,
Just tested mine and it worked flawlessly. It has a class 10 8gig card, but I also tested it with class 6 (much cheaper) and it was hard to tell the difference.
I wanted this to record my GPS Coordinates only as a bit of insurance and compared to the glitchy easy cap I was using I like it.
A 28 min flight used 1.37gig.
I also took my goggles off to check whether I would be able to fly with it if the goggle went bad and I found I was able to see and navigate well.

It did take about 12 days to get here EMS but I could see from the tracking that it was submitted to the PO the day after I ordered it and China Post left it there for 9 days so nothing to do with the vendor.
So Far So Good.
Glad yours works,looks like I will end up sending mine back. Ands waiting for another few weeks.
mikenc is offline Find More Posts by mikenc