SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 22, 2012, 05:17 PM
KISS
Joined Oct 2009
1,199 Posts
Anyone bothered to click on the link in first post lately?
Is it just me or it redirects from bevrc.com to some "nasty" site
hefest is offline Find More Posts by hefest
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2012, 06:26 PM
Do I know you?
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Feb 2012
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefest View Post
Anyone bothered to click on the link in first post lately?
Is it just me or it redirects from bevrc.com to some "nasty" site

Same happened to me ...
FlyBoyMarcus is offline Find More Posts by FlyBoyMarcus
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:21 PM
The Fixer
Canada, ON, Milton
Joined Jan 2009
3,729 Posts
YIKES! Sure did. Looks like somebody got hacked.
Martin Y is offline Find More Posts by Martin Y
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flyfly Fox Glider
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:41 PM
Power-line attraction pilot
United States, MA, Natick
Joined Jun 2011
517 Posts
So my bevrc pv700 crapped out on me on my first flight. I noticed it starting to display a bar of rainbow colored artifacts on the bottom fifth of the screen. It was about 30deg f. Outside and I was keeping the recorder in a cardboard box. My friend was watching the recorder as I flew and commented that it kept turning off after a minute or so of recording my flight. He would constantly have to reboot the recorder and restart the actual recording. The battery was still more than half full. I put the recorder on charge when I got home and tried to turn it on today to watch some of the footage. Low and behold, the damn thing won't turn on! I tried the reset button and checked the battery voltage, which was fine. I am getting no response from this pile of junk recorder. The green light on the recorder lights up when I plug it in with the AC adapter. My computer is also not recognizing the DVR when I plug it into USB. I am very frustrated and dissapointed that this trash didn't last longer than an hour before self destructing. Bevrc, if you read this, help me out please!
caall99 is offline Find More Posts by caall99
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:38 PM
Norway, Troms, Tromsų
Joined Sep 2002
168 Posts
have you thought about contacting bev before ranting here ..........?
ron-sand is online now Find More Posts by ron-sand
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:51 PM
Joined Jun 2011
517 Posts
I thought about it... then I had five beers and thought I could get some brotherly love here before I sit down, get sober, and draft a professional email to bevrc. Anyone else have this issue?
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:54 PM
Norway, Troms, Tromsų
Joined Sep 2002
168 Posts
then you are excused
ron-sand is online now Find More Posts by ron-sand
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:00 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Apr 2011
125 Posts
Caall99 I'd open a Paypal or credit card dispute right away bevrc are known for "excellent" customer service good luck!
igorek82 is offline Find More Posts by igorek82
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:37 AM
I Like Clouds Made Of Limes?
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2012
801 Posts
Nevermind
BenLimeClouds is offline Find More Posts by BenLimeClouds
Last edited by BenLimeClouds; Feb 13, 2013 at 07:24 AM.
Old Mar 08, 2013, 08:14 AM
Joined Aug 2010
879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueqd View Post
Yeah, considering you can get a genuine Japan-FPV DVR-SD4 for $199.95, I can't see why you'd buy the BEVRC one for $199.
I can see why, have you tried to get any service from the FPV Japan guy, it is horrible. Now he is holding off giving out firmware updates like it is the plans to an anitgravity drive system. I'll never buy a product from this guy again. I'll buy the $119 BEV RC version once I see enough people using it and not having problems. They all come from the same factory.

** Actually, I'd rather buy the DVR1000 from Tim at ReadmadeRC, he usually puts out good stuff, I've never had any issues with what he sells.
thekubiaks is offline Find More Posts by thekubiaks
Last edited by thekubiaks; Mar 08, 2013 at 08:26 AM.
Old Mar 09, 2013, 05:01 PM
Mr. Breeze
United States, GA, Winder
Joined Nov 2009
2,799 Posts
My BEV DVR is still doing just fine. I would estimate 60+ flights using it with the red button with 0 issues. And it does record through static, and will save the file if I unplug the VTX. Have YouTube proof...
My .02...
Ho-Jazz is offline Find More Posts by Ho-Jazz
Old Mar 11, 2013, 01:18 PM
Joined Apr 2011
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by caall99 View Post
So my bevrc pv700 crapped out on me on my first flight. I noticed it starting to display a bar of rainbow colored artifacts on the bottom fifth of the screen. It was about 30deg f. Outside and I was keeping the recorder in a cardboard box. My friend was watching the recorder as I flew and commented that it kept turning off after a minute or so of recording my flight. He would constantly have to reboot the recorder and restart the actual recording. The battery was still more than half full. I put the recorder on charge when I got home and tried to turn it on today to watch some of the footage. Low and behold, the damn thing won't turn on! I tried the reset button and checked the battery voltage, which was fine. I am getting no response from this pile of junk recorder. The green light on the recorder lights up when I plug it in with the AC adapter. My computer is also not recognizing the DVR when I plug it into USB. I am very frustrated and dissapointed that this trash didn't last longer than an hour before self destructing. Bevrc, if you read this, help me out please!
Rainbow horizontal noise like in the video posted here: http://quadcopter.me/bevrc-pv700-video/. This happened to me and I believe it was caused by turning on the recorder before there was a video source.
bmilleker is offline Find More Posts by bmilleker
Old Mar 23, 2013, 03:24 AM
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined May 2012
758 Posts
Are the firmwares interchangeable between the FPV-Japan and BevRC recorders?
Hmerly is offline Find More Posts by Hmerly
Old Apr 01, 2013, 07:22 PM
Joined Jun 2011
517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmerly View Post
Are the firmwares interchangeable between the FPV-Japan and BevRC recorders?
Let me know if you find the firmware anywhere!
Old Apr 30, 2013, 06:09 PM
Joined Aug 2012
7 Posts
i was looking on Foxtech today and they have a firmware upgrade on their recorder,
i wish Bevrc would do the same.
pcmpete is offline Find More Posts by pcmpete