HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:18 AM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,255 Posts
chinese and problems reading english. It is a whole new language. Oh that and service is not important to them. I have spent about $600 at bevrc but they won't see another cent from me.
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:45 AM
Still flying a desk..
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
1,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo745 View Post
I put a lousy review on the site saying my DVR was DOA and it never appeared online. So someone must monitor it.
So why is it so F****** hard to get an email response from them.
Guys!
Hopefully some good news (especially for Dingo). I've just received and email from BEVRC saying that my RMA has been shipped back to me. I'm hoping that this means I've got a working replacement DVR on the way.

I posted it to them (insured and TRACKED) on 13/09/2012. (That was two weeks ago for the benefit of our American cousins). Not a bad turnaround considering it took over a month to get a response from them in the first place!

When I get it back I'm going to sell it because I've already got another new one from firstpersonview.co.uk (with 2 batteries, a working mains charger, a car charger and loads of spare cables!) Watch this space
ChilternFlyer is offline Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:47 PM
Power-line attraction pilot
United States, MA, Natick
Joined Jun 2011
517 Posts
so who will send me FPVjapans firmware?
caall99 is offline Find More Posts by caall99
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:04 PM
Still flying a desk..
Joined Sep 2001
1,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer View Post
Guys!
Hopefully some good news (especially for Dingo). I've just received and email from BEVRC saying that my RMA has been shipped back to me. I'm hoping that this means I've got a working replacement DVR on the way.

I posted it to them (insured and TRACKED) on 13/09/2012. (That was two weeks ago for the benefit of our American cousins). Not a bad turnaround considering it took over a month to get a response from them in the first place!

When I get it back I'm going to sell it because I've already got another new one from firstpersonview.co.uk (with 2 batteries, a working mains charger, a car charger and loads of spare cables!) Watch this space
RESULT!
Hey guys.
My replacement DVR turned up today.. and it works!!
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:26 PM
Power-line attraction pilot
United States, MA, Natick
Joined Jun 2011
517 Posts
The BEVRC firmware appears unpolished, would love to try out FPVJapans

Quote:
Originally Posted by caall99 View Post
so who will send me FPVjapans firmware?
caall99 is offline Find More Posts by caall99
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:41 AM
Still flying a desk..
Joined Sep 2001
1,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by caall99 View Post
The BEVRC firmware appears unpolished, would love to try out FPVJapans
My firstpersonview DVR has different firmware from the bevrc version. It also came with the same accesories as the fpv-Japan version.
I'm curious: can someone tell me what is the version and date of the fpv-japan DVR?
If you can answer that I might be able to tell you because I now own one of each!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:50 AM
Joined Apr 2010
85 Posts
Firmware

Hi I purchased the DVR from Simon also.
He has a startup picture of firstpersonview.
I would like to know how this can be changed?

Thanks
AntiZen is online now Find More Posts by AntiZen
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:32 PM
Still flying a desk..
Joined Sep 2001
1,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiZen View Post
Hi I purchased the DVR from Simon also.
He has a startup picture of firstpersonview.
I would like to know how this can be changed?

Thanks
Err.. No.
To the best of my knowledge you can't change it because it was loaded into the flash as part of the firmware in the factory.

How you change it:- Download the firmware from the device (if you the tools and knowledge of to do it)
work out where the firstpersonview bitmap is stored. Erase it and load a new bitmap of the same size into the same space.

Short answer: Don't even think about it unless you know what you are doing and don't mind turning your DVR into a paper weight!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:00 AM
fpv addict
Sydney, Australia
Joined Nov 2007
921 Posts
After watching this video I don't see any difference apart from the startup screen between the bev and Fpv Japan dvr
fpv-japan sd4-dvr menus (1 min 36 sec)
mrleenagle is offline Find More Posts by mrleenagle
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:20 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2006
538 Posts
Also the foxtech DVR has the exact same menus as well just a different start up screen.
helichoper is offline Find More Posts by helichoper
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:15 AM
Joined Oct 2012
485 Posts
Only problems i have been having with mine is that if i cut the vTX power the DVR hangs. But this seems to happen to the Japan-DVR aswell from what i have read ?

Second problem is that it does not like UHF. I have my EZUHF 10" away from it and the picture gets a bit inteference. Is it the same with the Japan one ?
Summitdude is online now Find More Posts by Summitdude
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:24 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2006
538 Posts
I have the foxtech one and run DL UHF and get that interference as well - it improves though with more separation from the av cable but could do without it.
helichoper is offline Find More Posts by helichoper
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:02 AM
fpv addict
Sydney, Australia
Joined Nov 2007
921 Posts
Does anyone know for certain they are different like fpvjapan claims? If they definitely are I'd buy one and keep my bev for spare
mrleenagle is offline Find More Posts by mrleenagle
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:40 PM
Still flying a desk..
Joined Sep 2001
1,695 Posts
There is a difference. the firmware revisions seem to be the same but the dates are different. I had both (sold the BEVRC version and kept the Japan/foxtech/firstpersonview version).
I can't be sure that there is any real difference, but so far the FPV version has only hung on me once. The BEVRC version was a pain.

CF
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:37 AM
Joined Dec 2010
136 Posts
Quote:
but so far the FPV version has only hung on me once. The BEVRC version was a pain.
Did you try a lower bitrate on the BEVRC version? IRC the high setting was a little too high to cope with static, and they may have lowered it on the FPV version. Not sure though
mich75 is offline Find More Posts by mich75