HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:24 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
41 Posts
does anyones battery die after sitting for a day or two whilst powered off?
rc_fpv is offline Find More Posts by rc_fpv
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2012, 05:05 PM
Still flying a desk..
ChilternFlyer's Avatar
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
1,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miknce View Post
Sorry it quit working. . Did you check battery with volt meter?.Might check to make sure battery is taking charge.
It should be covered under warranty if within less than a year. draw back is it will cost 45.00 bucks for return shipping to bev. If you do send back make sure you send in a way you have confirmed delivery.
Ah Ha..
That was probably a bit obvious. I knew the battery was flat and had plugged the DVR into a 5v power source. The battery is in fact stuffed (3.1v). There is 5v going into the DVR and the internal 3.3v regulator is working. The battery management part seems to be totally dead. (Nothing on the battery connections whilst plugged in to a 5v source). I borrowed a charged battery from another identical BEV RC DVR. It still doesn't work. The On/Off switch does work but the DVR doesn't .

All I can think of is that the battery management is stuffed so the CPU can't boot up.

Wish me luck trying to get BEVRC to replace it! It's a pile of
ChilternFlyer is online now Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:54 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer View Post
Ah Ha..
That was probably a bit obvious. I knew the battery was flat and had plugged the DVR into a 5v power source. The battery is in fact stuffed (3.1v). There is 5v going into the DVR and the internal 3.3v regulator is working. The battery management part seems to be totally dead. (Nothing on the battery connections whilst plugged in to a 5v source). I borrowed a charged battery from another identical BEV RC DVR. It still doesn't work. The On/Off switch does work but the DVR doesn't .

All I can think of is that the battery management is stuffed so the CPU can't boot up.

Wish me luck trying to get BEVRC to replace it! It's a pile of
My first one was DOA. They did replace it but it ended up costing me quite a bit extra. Be sure you send back in a way that you get delivery conformation. Don't know they would but if don't have a way of tracking they could say they never received it.
Wishing you the best
Michael
mikenc is offline Find More Posts by mikenc
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:39 PM
Registered User
United States, NY, New York
Joined Apr 2011
125 Posts
They in fact do! This happened to me and few other people i know! Never ever trust bevrc, send it the cheapest way with tracking!!! And also I'd open dispute with PayPal and your credit card If its not too late good luck!
igorek82 is offline Find More Posts by igorek82
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2012, 05:56 AM
Registered User
pavn's Avatar
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
572 Posts
Which resolution should I use when recording FPV flights?
I see there this options: 720x576, 720x480, 640x480 in the recorder settings.
pavn is online now Find More Posts by pavn
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:39 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavn View Post
Which resolution should I use when recording FPV flights?
I see there this options: 720x576, 720x480, 640x480 in the recorder settings.
I use 720/480 works good for me
mikenc is offline Find More Posts by mikenc
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:07 AM
Wallop!
Martin7182's Avatar
Bussum, Netherlands
Joined Oct 2009
732 Posts
I think it mainly depends on the aspect ratio of your video source (ie. the camera).
720x576 has ratio 1.25, 720x480 has 1.5 and 640x480 has 1.33; assuming square pixels. If in doubt, try to film a perfectly round object and test whether it stays round in your video. Viewing videos with wrong aspect ratio is very irritating and it will not be appreciated by most of us.

Martin
Martin7182 is offline Find More Posts by Martin7182
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:37 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2010
677 Posts
any clue on the firmware for this recorder ? does anyone has an access to the firmware files ???

if there is a possibility to get the firmware, then reloading of the same might resolve some of the issues...
aeromodellers is online now Find More Posts by aeromodellers
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2012, 05:17 PM
Still flying a desk..
ChilternFlyer's Avatar
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
1,709 Posts
DEAD DVR - can't get any help for BEVRC

Well I have to say that I've spent lots of money with BEVRC over the last 18 months and I'm really off with them now.

I've sent 2 emails, filled in the forms on their website and still nothing after nearly 2 weeks.

BEV RC IF YOU ARE LISTENING:-
I wish to place another order for over $200 If you want the business then answer my emails and replace my dead DVR.

If not I'll take my business elsewhere and make sure that everyone I know doesn't use you again. Not happy
ChilternFlyer is online now Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:45 AM
Registered User
Dingo745's Avatar
Australia, SA, Second Valley
Joined Jul 2011
101 Posts
My PV-700 was D.O.A and I haven't been able to get a response from BEVRC via any of their listed contact and message options.
So I lodged a Paypal dispute and got a reply telling me to contact them for help if I have a faulty product, to quote them,

"Before returning goods, please contact us first to discuss the issues you are having. 90% of the time we are able to sort out the problem by giving technical support, without you having to send anything back"
So how does this work when you can't contact them or get no reply to any messages or emails sent ????

So has anyone else get a replacement successfully ?
It gives me the sh.... that I have to spend MORE $$$ to send back a faulty product.
Will they refund my freight, NO Way I bet.
Dingo745 is offline Find More Posts by Dingo745
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:25 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
249 Posts
I did get a replacement for mine which was DOA to. It took about a month. Be sure when you send it back to send in a way you can confirm delivery. Cost me 40 something bucks to return. And no they did not refund shipping. The price we pay when ordering from China.
Seems they have a new return policy on their web sight. Might check that out aand see what they say. It usually takes 2 to 3 days to get reply back from them.
Good Luck


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo745 View Post
My PV-700 was D.O.A and I haven't been able to get a response from BEVRC via any of their listed contact and message options.
So I lodged a Paypal dispute and got a reply telling me to contact them for help if I have a faulty product, to quote them,

"Before returning goods, please contact us first to discuss the issues you are having. 90% of the time we are able to sort out the problem by giving technical support, without you having to send anything back"
So how does this work when you can't contact them or get no reply to any messages or emails sent ????

So has anyone else get a replacement successfully ?
It gives me the sh.... that I have to spend MORE $$$ to send back a faulty product.
Will they refund my freight, NO Way I bet.
mikenc is offline Find More Posts by mikenc
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2012, 04:51 PM
Registered User
United States, NY, New York
Joined Apr 2011
125 Posts
I'd stay away! There are better vendors out there! Few dollars saved aren't worth the hassle! S T A Y A W A Y from bevrc! You've been warned!
igorek82 is offline Find More Posts by igorek82
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:36 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
41 Posts
Mine works! (knock on MDF)
rc_fpv is offline Find More Posts by rc_fpv
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 12, 2012, 02:56 AM
Registered User
MO, USA
Joined Jun 2010
686 Posts
For those of you considering the BEV RC unit, I would strongly suggest you order the unit from Ren @ FPV-Japan instead. I see some folks saying they're the same unit...but they're -not-. Ren is actively involved with the development and improvement of his recorder. Unlike BEVRC, where many of you are having trouble with reliable communications, Ren @ FPV Japan responds to e-mails quickly, and is even very active in FPV-Japan forums on other FPV web sites. He's easy to get in touch with.

For those of you who say "it's the same hardware, so it's the same thing", it's not. Here is something in Ren's own words describing the situation:

http://pastebin.com/JP0FZw3J

In short (as manufacturers across the world have discovered), it appears the Chinese agent helping Ren build / spec these for FPV use decided to take the design and sell it himself. Again, like many Chinese copies or pirated wares, though the product looks the same on the outside, it's NOT the same on the inside.

The premium for the FPV-Japan unit will help ensure you get the unit you -want-, that works the way you expect. It will also ensure you have good product support should there be an issue. I know some folks will take issue with this for whatever reason. I have no affililation with Ren, other than being a satisfied customer. It was only about 4 weeks ago that I was trying to figure out which DVR to buy. My research led me to the FPV-Japan unit, and I'm glad I made that purchase. As a matter of fact, I was SHOCKED when the unit I ordered from Ren arrived at my home, halfway around the world, in less than a week. He seemed somewhat surprised too, when I advised him of it.
motoguy1 is offline Find More Posts by motoguy1
Last edited by motoguy1; Sep 12, 2012 at 03:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:18 AM
Registered User
mr..speed's Avatar
near Stgt/Germany
Joined Feb 2003
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoguy1 View Post
For those of you who say "it's the same hardware, so it's the same thing", it's not. Here is something in Ren's own words describing the situation:

http://pastebin.com/JP0FZw3J
I can not open the link
mr..speed is offline Find More Posts by mr..speed
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Yet another video recorder Good/Bad? rcimports FPV Talk 0 Nov 14, 2011 12:58 AM
Discussion Does anybody know this Video Recorder Dataage HDPRO DMB mr..speed FPV Talk 0 Nov 13, 2011 03:31 PM
Discussion Supply power to Video splitter and Recorder ? SpookiePower FPV Talk 2 Sep 28, 2011 01:40 PM
Sold Airplanes with free HD video recorder wsalcedo Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Sep 04, 2011 03:23 PM