Old Aug 05, 2012, 03:26 AM
Quads, 4 times the fun.
Australia, NSW, Brookvale
Joined Apr 2011
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer View Post
Thanks for the Divfix lead.
I forgot to mention your specific issue.. Yes they also freeze if you switch off your plane (video transmitter) before stopping the DVR. That's a real pain because stopping your DVR isn't the first thing you think of when you land!
I had this problem for the first time today. I swapped my video battery without stopping the recorder. It kills any claims that it records through static.
rogueqd is offline Find More Posts by rogueqd
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2012, 07:57 AM
I'd FPV it.
United States, GA, Winder
Joined Nov 2009
2,927 Posts
This video was made with a class 6 card. This is one video file, recording through static, and the plane being powered off and on. Mine works fine, and does not freeze.
FPV point to point (10 min 6 sec)
Ho-Jazz is offline Find More Posts by Ho-Jazz
Old Aug 05, 2012, 10:30 AM
Stay airborne my friends
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Nov 2004
998 Posts
I haven't had my recording stop due to static or even no signal yet. I'm using class 4 cards in mine. Are the only people having this issue using class 10 cards? Is there any real advantage to using class 10 cards in something like this?
rc-mike is offline Find More Posts by rc-mike
Old Aug 05, 2012, 02:37 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,093 Posts
It takes more than just momentary static. Such as that you might see if
your plane goes down far away, nearly or completely out of LoS.
Unfortunately that's when it's most critical that you don't lose the recording.
I haven't depended on this recorder to record any flights but I did take it
with me once to use as a monitor while I was doing body blocking
direction finding to locate my plane. Carrying Rx/antenna and BEV DVR.
I'd hold Rx up and get a signal, then put it near my body and
turn until it was blocked to get a direction to the plane. This recorder
locked up time and time again in that transition from just a scratchy signal
to pure static and back. Had to pull the battery about a half dozen times.
Haven't really tried to use it for anything since then.
I picked it up with a large BEV order just so I could form an opinion about
it, and from what I've seen it's not up to par with the original FPV-Japan
recorder.

ian
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 05, 2012, 04:09 PM
Still hackin'
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Joined Nov 2005
428 Posts
Off FPV-Japan website - looks like the issue affects the original too..
"Sometimes my DVR will freeze while recording. What is the cause and what can I do to avoid it?
While this has only been reported by a few customers we have spent a while looking into this issue. Its been damn hard to reproduce on demand but one or two customers have been able to reproduce it at least once or twice and it invariably happens when the TX is turned off after a flight.
Several factors can contribute to this issue. A high data rate coupled with a receiver that has a large bandwidth which is then subject to video noise (no signal). And as mentioned above, a TX turned off while still recording would appear to be the most likely trigger for this to happen.
This is no real fault of the DVR (or certain receivers), rather we have chosen to go for good image quality by using an exceptionally high data rate (that admittedly might be just a bit too high for some receivers).
If this has not happened with your setup then there is nothing to worry about. However if you have experienced a freeze then the issue can be avoided by stopping recording before turning off your transmitter. If the issue happens at any other time, you might want to try changing the quality setting to medium.

Currently we are testing a firmware candidate to increase the medium setting to a higher bit rate so as to not lose quality but to also be within the safe limits for the codec when confronted with broad spectrum video noise.
No promises just now, but we are looking into this seriously.
Please note that the medium quality setting is still higher than most other Mpeg4 D1 format DVR available.
Should you have a video file that was truncated in the case that you had to reset the DVR, you can invariably play the file succesfully with VLC.
We also highly recommend Gom Player for everyday video playback."
Thermicdude is offline Find More Posts by Thermicdude
Last edited by Thermicdude; Aug 05, 2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 05:28 PM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,289 Posts
does anyone know the best export setting for imovie to youtube? My videos always lose sharpness.

I downloaded 3ivx codex so I could put the file directly into imovie. it saves time and produces a better starting point.
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
41 Posts
Anyone have a time from for us delivery via dhl? Shipped on the 6th,do I get a traking number? First time with dhl..
rc_fpv is offline Find More Posts by rc_fpv
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 15, 2012, 06:55 AM
United States, FL, Port Orange
Joined Sep 2001
448 Posts
No customer service

I have ordered several items from bevrc and received them as promised. However, I received a Sirius fpv plane that was damaged in shipment. I have sent several emails in the last 2 weeks, trying to get a resolution to the damaged plane with no response. Their hotmail inbox is now not accepting emails. They are bounced back.

I strongly suggest that if you think you might have a problem with an order, do not order from this company. Basically I have lost $168. Trying pay pal for resolution now.
kd4gfy is online now Find More Posts by kd4gfy
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:38 AM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,289 Posts
On the front page it even says that the email system is slow .... It's been there for months. Did you try the other options?

Talking is easier for chinese than the written word. Remember they are looking at a different text structure and text.
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:52 PM
Joined Jan 2012
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4gfy View Post
I have ordered several items from bevrc and received them as promised. However, I received a Sirius fpv plane that was damaged in shipment. I have sent several emails in the last 2 weeks, trying to get a resolution to the damaged plane with no response. Their hotmail inbox is now not accepting emails. They are bounced back.

I strongly suggest that if you think you might have a problem with an order, do not order from this company. Basically I have lost $168. Trying pay pal for resolution now.

They have a new policy shown on there web here
http://www.bevrc.com/faq_info.html?faqs_id=137
May try sending pics of damage, that may help especially within 7 days.
It is certainly frustrating to get damaged or not working equipment . I still have some unresolved issues with them also. I did get my recorder replaced after having to pay 44.00 dollars return shipping for faulity one. So i ended up paying around 180 bucks for 119.00 recorder.
As long as everything works fine they have some good prices for equip.
Makes one wonder if the risk is worth the price difference in the end.
Best
Michael
mikenc is offline Find More Posts by mikenc
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,820 Posts
I got hit with the corrupt file thing this weekend.
I had it happen for the first time after a crash and loss of video for a long time.
The file was viewable in VLC and looks like GOM is going to convert it and recover it just fine.

I hadn't had a problem before but I just started using a 16GB class 10 card from bevrc.

I will probably move down to medium quality to avoid it in the future.
BushmanLA is offline Find More Posts by BushmanLA
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:40 AM
Still flying a desk..
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
2,159 Posts
Dead DVR!!!

Hey Guys, never guess what?

My DVR has died!
I thought it was a flat battery at first but I've charged the damn thing over night. Tried to reset it (via the reset 'hole' on the side). Tried it with and without the battery on a main adapter. Tried it from on/off switch and the quick record lead. Removed the SD card and tried everything again. Absolutely nothing (other than the backlight appears to come on).

Has anyone else had this or has my DVR come to the end of it's useful life?
ChilternFlyer is offline Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:46 AM
Spain
Joined May 2011
93 Posts
Sorry for your situation but really, the truth is "buy cheap, buy twice..."
FPV-japandvr is more expensive but will save a lot of headaches.
datyip is offline Find More Posts by datyip
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:22 AM
Joined Jan 2012
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer View Post
Hey Guys, never guess what?

My DVR has died!
I thought it was a flat battery at first but I've charged the damn thing over night. Tried to reset it (via the reset 'hole' on the side). Tried it with and without the battery on a main adapter. Tried it from on/off switch and the quick record lead. Removed the SD card and tried everything again. Absolutely nothing (other than the backlight appears to come on).

Has anyone else had this or has my DVR come to the end of it's useful life?
Sorry it quit working. . Did you check battery with volt meter?.Might check to make sure battery is taking charge.
It should be covered under warranty if within less than a year. draw back is it will cost 45.00 bucks for return shipping to bev. If you do send back make sure you send in a way you have confirmed delivery.
mikenc is offline Find More Posts by mikenc
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:22 AM
Still flying a desk..
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
2,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by datyip View Post
Sorry for your situation but really, the truth is "buy cheap, buy twice..."
FPV-japandvr is more expensive but will save a lot of headaches.
datyip: Yes this is true but the FPV-Japan DVR is based on the same hardware AND they we so far behind on promised delivery dates that I (like a lot of others) took my business elsewhere. Whilst BEVRC seem to be wholly unreliable when it comes to warranty returns. Going my my experiences of FPV-japan I wouldn't expect them to be any better. (unless you know different).

It seems pointless trying to send it back to BEVRC going by what I've read on here. I was hoping that some of the gurus might have some pointers for me (chipset info maybe even a circuit diagram?) [pray]
ChilternFlyer is offline Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer