Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:13 AM
Fly like a bird
Beijing & ShenZhen, China
Joined May 2010
480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer View Post
Markus: Our experience so far is that it will record through static BUT it has a tendency to lock up. Then the only thing you can do is pull the battery out of it (and loose your recording). It's a great little DVR but no use at all if you lose your plane and rely on it for the last few seconds of footage.

I've been told that it doesn't do this if the bitrate it lowered (I use high - 8MBits/second). I haven't tried this yet.

Mitch.
What SD card do you use? I use the 8Mbps mode too, for about 1 year, never have the situation, maybe you can get clear how to remake the issue, then we can get feedback and ask a new custom firmware.
BEVRC is offline Find More Posts by BEVRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:27 AM
Still flying a desk..
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
1,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEVRC View Post
What SD card do you use? I use the 8Mbps mode too, for about 1 year, never have the situation, maybe you can get clear how to remake the issue, then we can get feedback and ask a new custom firmware.
Fair comment...
I used a Transcend 32GB class 10.
My flying buddy also has a BEVRC DVR. His seems to crash more often than mine. I'll ask him what card he uses (although I'm pretty sure his is a class 10 as well).

They only seem to freeze when the video signal becomes noisy followed by a total loss of signal. We fly quads on 5.8Ghz so flying behind a row of trees at long range is enough to make it freeze. (Crashing your quad most certainly causes it!) Apart from that it records for long periods without fault. I think it has more to do with loosing sync (to many interrupts?) than writing to the SD card.

Mitch.
ChilternFlyer is online now Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer
Last edited by ChilternFlyer; Jul 31, 2012 at 03:28 AM. Reason: typos
Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:34 AM
Fly like a bird
Beijing & ShenZhen, China
Joined May 2010
480 Posts
Quote:
Fair comment...
My flying buddy also has a BEVRC DVR. His seems to crash more often than mine. I'll ask him what card he uses (although I'm pretty sure his is a class 10 as well).

They only seem to freeze when the video signal becomes noisy followed by a total loss of signal. We fly quads on 5.8Ghz so flying behind a row of trees at long range is enough to make it freeze. (Crashing your quad most certainly causes it!) Apart from that it records for long periods without fault. I think it has more to do with loosing sync (to many interrupts?) than writing to the SD card.

Mitch.
Got it, will test it and update later.
BEVRC is offline Find More Posts by BEVRC
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:42 PM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Fair comment...

Mitch.
I have had this same problem as well. I think it always happened to me when I forgot to stop recording before pulling the video cable out of the recorder. Mine did leave an unplayable file on the SD card that I was able to fix and get playable with a utility program I found on sourceforge.com. DivFix I think.
windsnob is offline Find More Posts by windsnob
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:59 PM
Still flying a desk..
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
1,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsnob View Post
I have had this same problem as well. I think it always happened to me when I forgot to stop recording before pulling the video cable out of the recorder. Mine did leave an unplayable file on the SD card that I was able to fix and get playable with a utility program I found on sourceforge.com. DivFix I think.
Thanks for the Divfix lead.
I forgot to mention your specific issue.. Yes they also freeze if you switch off your plane (video transmitter) before stopping the DVR. That's a real pain because stopping your DVR isn't the first thing you think of when you land!
ChilternFlyer is online now Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer
Old Aug 01, 2012, 07:19 AM
Quads, 4 times the fun.
Australia, NSW, Brookvale
Joined Apr 2011
722 Posts
There is an issue with the #16 808 keycam where it randomly stops recording when recording to a cheap brand class 10 card. Maybe the issue is with the SD cards not the recorders.

If you have lockup problems, try a class 6 card instead.
rogueqd is online now Find More Posts by rogueqd
Old Aug 02, 2012, 07:21 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Apr 2011
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEVRC View Post
Normally they will send the issue to me, but looks like they miss to send to me to handle the problem.
BEVRC, no need to play a hero here... what you posted is a lie, you were well aware of the situation, you even commented on it some pages back but did nothing to help... which is why your customer service sucks and people should stay away from your store!
igorek82 is offline Find More Posts by igorek82
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:46 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
41 Posts
is it possible to get another a/v cable?
rc_fpv is offline Find More Posts by rc_fpv
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 02, 2012, 11:14 PM
Quads, 4 times the fun.
Joined Apr 2011
722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_fpv View Post
is it possible to get another a/v cable?
It's a standard 2.5mm 4 pole plug. I bought one from my local electronics store and made a custom cable with a 3.5mm plug on the other end that plugs straight in to my video receiver.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 04:04 AM
Norway
Joined Dec 2007
142 Posts
Short cable

Hi. where can i get a short cable for the Bev-recorder..i need 10cm or so...suits my ground station better.. Thanks
Deltadeville is offline Find More Posts by Deltadeville
Old Aug 03, 2012, 04:57 AM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,252 Posts
I am going to make one. does anyone know the order for the 2.5mm plug (a/v in)?
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:00 AM
Quads, 4 times the fun.
Joined Apr 2011
722 Posts
I did know it when I made the cable, lol. Just get a multimeter and see where each ring is connected to.
I think I even posted it somewhere, try searching this thread??
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:34 AM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,252 Posts
i ended up using the multimeter ... cable made and working. So much easier.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 05:59 PM
United Kingdom, England, Hackney
Joined Aug 2011
217 Posts
is there a video tutorial somewhere of how to make a cable like this? 2.5 to 3.5, using a multimeter to check the connections, soldering the connectors etc?
stallion explosi is offline Find More Posts by stallion explosi
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:30 PM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,252 Posts
it's not hard to do mate. Get a 3.5mm 4 pole and a 2.5mm 4 pole. Post the pictures of those here and I will tell you where to solder. It isn't too hard if you can solder wires.