HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:01 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Rant
"new to multirotor" thread wiped out!

Check out the "new to multirotor? start here, multicopter 101" sticky thread, apparently n3m1s1s got mad and deleted all the content out of the thread and then closed it. Apparently he was angry because of infractions he received over his posts in this thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1611375

Now "on a vacation" shows under his profile, which means he was banned. Unfortunately he wasn't banned fast enough to prevent him from wiping out a lot of valuable info. I don't suppose anyone copied the info from the above thread before it got wiped and can recreate it? It was a great reference.
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:08 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Sep 2011
142 Posts
Real mature... I have bits and pieces of it saved but nowhere near the entire thing.
wooden is offline Find More Posts by wooden
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:10 PM
Linux Compatible
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Dec 2007
418 Posts
I supposed being banned while the person that was saying things like 'get a job' and 'immigrants aren't welcome here' would be enough to make someone sour. One post, labeled 'personal attack' in the thread, was nemesis saying 'I'm just waiting on another great post from him '.

And yet 'get a job, immigrants aren't welcome' gets a infraction which will be taken away assuming he edits it.
machina is offline Find More Posts by machina
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:11 PM
Deutschland
Joined Nov 2011
198 Posts
I wassn't that impressed from his skills. So let's start a new and well updated 101 thread.
zerosight is offline Find More Posts by zerosight
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:17 PM
Rank Amatuer
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Dec 2011
494 Posts
Well that sucks! Not only because he wiped all that info, but because I thought he was a pretty helpful forum member with good info to share. He got an infraction for the post right after mine, I certainly hope he didn't think I was being serious.
FullmoonCat is offline Find More Posts by FullmoonCat
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:32 PM
Joined Aug 2007
414 Posts
n3m1s1s always seemed like a nice guy to me. I didn't see any of this drama mentioned above.

although.. the other day he did kind of tell me to go fudge myself when I asked for a link to the military quad video he was talking about jk n3m!
SGsoar is offline Find More Posts by SGsoar
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:36 PM
Joined Jul 2008
580 Posts
The information is still available on his personal website;

http://n3m1s1s.webs.com/multirotor101.htm

I also didn't catch any of the politics but whatever happened rcgroups is poorer without him.
teslahed is offline Find More Posts by teslahed
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:42 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by machina View Post
I supposed being banned while the person that was saying things like 'get a job' and 'immigrants aren't welcome here' would be enough to make someone sour.
He clearly did not get banned for the infractions in that thread because if he had then he wouldn't have been around to delete posts. What probably happened was he got a few infractions and he got mad and went about deleting every single post he had authored and closing all threads he started. The mods probably saw him doing that and banned him for that rather than the infractions.
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:00 PM
Joined Jul 2008
580 Posts
I guess when people don't feel welcomed by a community anymore, rightly or wrongly, they remove themselves and their contributions from that community.

I don't blaim him for being pissed off.

Is it actually an infraction to delete content you created? Annoying for some, definitely, but shouldn't any rcgroups member be allowed to remove anything they've posted?
teslahed is offline Find More Posts by teslahed
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:02 PM
Whitchurch,Shropshire. UK
Joined Jul 2008
1,187 Posts
Thanks n3m1s1s for your advice and links to infomation , saved me hours of looking through threads.
Fubar 123 is offline Find More Posts by Fubar 123
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:05 PM
Spain
Joined Jan 2010
457 Posts
So definitely N3m1s1s is banned from the site or just he left?

Saludos,
Jose
Doblao is offline Find More Posts by Doblao
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:07 PM
scousethief
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Profanity). It is temporarily hidden while scousethief edits it.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:07 PM
Autodidact
Joined Jan 2012
261 Posts
Damn.... I may have responded a little "short" on that thread, but never expected it to turn into that mess...... Sry to hear N3m1s1s got banned, even if some of his methods were "unusual" I always thought it was better to see than people that plan and never, ever actually do something......

Oh well.... Ya know what they say about arguing on the internets...
TEDious is offline Find More Posts by TEDious
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:17 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,199 Posts
I wonder why Mr. sNstRflyEr4G3 wasn't sent on a vacation - he started that fight with very rude attacks - for nothing.

But deleting the important 101 is somewhat childish. Nana-Na-Nana!

nems must have had a veeery bad day - not being wise enough to just press the "report" button and wait what happens.

Instead he chose to fuel the fire...
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:18 PM
Joined Jan 2011
512 Posts
n3m1s1s,
It was good having you around. I'll "tip one back" for you tonight.
Cheers and good luck
CheckSum is offline Find More Posts by CheckSum