Joined Mar 2012
81 Posts
Help!
Help with 4 CH 2.4GHz BlitzRCWorks F5-E Swiss V2 Pro

Ok...I just ordered this jet for my first EDF Jet:
http://www.bananahobby.com/2198.html

The specs, as far as motor/electronics are as follows:
Specification:
Drive System: Ducted Fan 64mm (Powerful 4300KV Outrunner Brushless Motor)
Servo: 5X 9g high speed micro servos
Speed Controller: 25 Amp Brushless Speed Control
Battery: 11.1V 1300mAh 25C Li-Polymer
Control System: 2.4GHz Multifunctional Transmitter and Receiver
Radio Control Range: 3000 feet (1000m)

Question 1) Whats the difference between a 4300kv motor and the 2350kv motor in the more expensive 6 CH version of this aircraft?

Question 2) With the stock motor and stock 25amp ESC, could I step up to a 4S Lipo without frying anything? 5s?

Thanks for any help or advice!!
SemperFiSC is offline Find More Posts by SemperFiSC
Last edited by SemperFiSC; Mar 16, 2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Edited to correctly label type of post.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2012, 01:31 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
6,009 Posts
Your best advise will be here: http://www.rcgroups.com/foamy-edfs-377/
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Old Mar 13, 2012, 01:50 PM
Joined Mar 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolerByTheLake View Post
Your best advise will be here: http://www.rcgroups.com/foamy-edfs-377/
Oh wow! Thanks a million! That thread on the Check List before your buy an EDF is amazing! I wish I would have seen that before :P

Oh well, it's a learning experience That's why I bought the 4 CH instead of the 6 CH...it was on sale for just over 100 bucks! I planned on this one getting banged up a lot and basically showing me what I like and don't like about it so the next one I order can be something really nice and tailored to me.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 02:03 PM
Joined Mar 2012
81 Posts
Ok Guys, it should be arriving within the next hour....to say I am excited would be an understatement!!

Ok, so depending on how it performs the first couple of flights, I'm thinking I may be upgrading that stock 25amp ESC. Not necessarily so that I can get more speed but, so that it won't be operating at it's limits every flight.

I'm looking on Bananahobby's website at the Genesis Power Blizzard Series Programmable ESC units.

I'm thinking I will get either the 45amp, 65amp or the 85amp ESC. I would then get an appropriate Lipo to run with it.

Will the stock 4300kv motor run ok with any of these ESC units? I found a thread that shows you how to calculate based on your motor what ESC to buy for a battery or what battery to buy for a certain ESC. But I haven't found a thread dealing with what a motor can handle.

The larger 6CH version of this plane uses a 2350KV motor with 45amp ESC so based on that, my thinking is that a 4300KV motor should have no problem running a 45, 65 or 85.

Of course, I am no electronics expert by any means and I could be totally wrong.

Any tips? Will the ESC's described above be okay for that motor?

Thanks everyone! Happy flying
Old Mar 17, 2012, 01:52 AM
Joined Mar 2012
81 Posts
Ok... The Jet arrived today! so excited!
I haven't put it together yet but, I powered on the transmitter (first) then connected the battery just to make sure there weren't any problems right off the bat. It seemed fine but then I powered the Jet on again a few minutes later after connecting the servos on the main wings to test them and all the servos started moving sporadically without any input from the controller... And the motor kept going from low throttle to high throttle without touching the stick.

I had the throttle stick all the way down as well as the throttle trim. I doubled checked to make sure all the other trims were set in the middle and powered on again... Same thing, sporadic movement!

Could this be a problem with the radio system or interference from something in the house? We don't have a cordless phone but, we do have a dual band 2.4ghz and 5ghz wireless router that was about 5 feet from the Jet. Would that cause this problem?